The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

GRADES

SONY D
MICROSOFT C
NINTENDO C

Worst E3 ever.

Srs

SONY Gets a D not only for the lackluster hard hitting suprises... BUT NO CROSS PLAY ON ROCKET LEAGUE?

Last edited:
What? :lol:

Sorry I has confuse

I have played Rocket League with my boy who is on PC while I was om PS4. Are you saying that they are gonna take this away? :nerd:

No troll - just trying to understand.

Last edited:
It doesn't really affect matchmaking because last year 42% of Rocket League owners were on PS4 and 36% on steam even though I'm sure Steam has caught up by now.

It's just the principle I guess

It doesn't really affect matchmaking because last year 42% of Rocket League owners were on PS4 and 36% on steam even though I'm sure Steam has caught up by now.

it makes sense for them to not do it from a business standpoint as well if they aren't benefitting from it as much as the competition and the fact also remains that PS4 still has the biggest player base for Rocket League as well.  it is what it is but i cant knock them for doing the decision

Thank you.

Its whats BEST for Gamers, not Sony.

M$ already gave it a greenlight, as did Nintendo... Sony being real SONY right now.
Sony allowed cross play before MS ever did. if the roles were reversed MS or Nintendo would probably do the same thing Sony is doing 

it makes sense for them to not do it from a business standpoint as well if they aren't benefitting from it as much as the competition and the fact also remains that PS4 still has the biggest player base for Rocket League as well.  it is what it is but i cant knock them for doing the decision
Actually it doesn't make sense to be honest. Like take Minecraft for example. They don't want to be part of the bedrock update that contains cross play, but also contains 4K textures, realms private servers, MC store and all other new updates. Because of this the mobile, W10, Xbox and Switch versions of MC will all get the newest updates while the PS4 version will be relegated to the legacy treatment that the 360 and PS3 versions get now. So they now have the worst version of MC for next gen platforms

Actually it doesn't make sense to be honest. Like take Minecraft for example. They don't want to be part of the bedrock update that contains cross play, but also contains 4K textures, realms private servers, MC store and all other new updates. Because of this the mobile, W10, Xbox and Switch versions of MC will all get the newest updates while the PS4 version will be relegated to the legacy treatment that the 360 and PS3 versions get now. So they now have the worst version of MC for next gen platforms
i was talking strictly about Rocket League b

i was talking strictly about Rocket League b
It sets a precedent for future cross platform games. When they see a unified block of PC, Switch and Xbox and then the PS4 off to the side. One is going to get development priorities and updates over the other

Last edited:
None of my xbox friends have rocket league so I don't care. To be honest, would I even notice if they added cross play? I still would be playing randoms.

I'm not trying to knock Rocket League but I don't think I'll care about cross play until it involves games like Cod, Destiny, BF etc.

Sony allowed cross play before MS ever did. if the roles were reversed MS or Nintendo would probably do the same thing Sony is doing 

1. No they did not.

2. True crossplay is between console-to-console M$ was the first to greenlight this, Nintendo followed.

3. You still don't understand that is not just a rocket leauge thing... THIS WOULD OPEN THE DOOR FOR COD and other shooters to cross platform... Think big picture.

I'm not trying to knock Rocket League but I don't think I'll care about cross play until it involves games like Cod, Destiny, BF etc.

You'll NEVER get those game to C/P if Sony continues there way of thinking.

I am pretty sure you don't know what or how Sony is thinking :lol:.

Keep enjoying games and we will see what the future holds.

I am pretty sure you don't know what or how Sony is thinking :lol:.

Keep enjoying games and we will see what the future holds.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

Sony has defended its decision to block cross-play between PS4 and Xbox One after coming under fire from gamers this week.

During its E3 2017 media briefing, Microsoft announced that cross-platform play is coming to Minecraft, one of the biggest games in the world. It means Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC, mobile and VR Minecraft players can all play together.

And today, Nintendo announced Rocket League, another of the world's biggest games, is coming to Nintendo Switch, and developer Psyonix confirmed cross-platform play between Xbox One, Switch and Steam.

In both cases, PS4 was absent from the list of consoles available for cross-play. So what's up?

Microsoft previously talked about the possibility of cross-network play, and said the ball was in Sony's court to allow it. And, certainly, going by this tweet from Minecraft spokesperson Aubrey Norris, the desire was there to get PlayStation on board:

Twitter Ads info and privacy
Today I put this issue to PlayStation global sales and marketing head Jim Ryan to get an answer. The upshot is Sony's not keen on cross-play, and it doesn't look like it will change its mind any time soon.

The exchange is below.

Minecraft works cross-platform between Switch, Xbox and PC. Today, Rocket League was announced as working cross-platform between Switch, Xbox and PC. Both don't work cross-platform with PlayStation. Now, is this Sony not playing ball? What is actually going on here?

Jim Ryan: It's certainly not a profound philosophical stance we have against this. We've done it in the past. We're always open to conversations with any developer or publisher who wants to talk about it. Unfortunately it's a commercial discussion between ourselves and other stakeholders, and I'm not going to get into the detail of that on this particular instance. And I can see your eyes rolling.

Well, you must see that PlayStation owners are upset. They want to play with Switch owners, PC owners and Xbox One owners for these two big and important games, and they don't have an explanation for why. That's what I'm getting at, really.

Jim Ryan: Yeah. We've got to be mindful of our responsibility to our install base. Minecraft - the demographic playing that, you know as well as I do, it's all ages but it's also very young. We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps the most mindful video game company of the protection of children.

Jim Ryan: Yeah, that's true. Everybody has to take their own decisions. We'll do that. Like I say, we have no philosophical stance against cross-play at all.

Is this a done deal? Or are you leaving the door open, perhaps?

Jim Ryan: I don't think anything is ever a done deal. Anybody who is dogmatic in that manner is typically a fool. That said, to my knowledge, there is no live conversation ongoing at the moment.

So there you have it. If you're playing Minecraft or Rocket League or any other game on PS4, don't expect to play with Nintendo Switch or Xbox One owners.

If any one still plays Rocket League send me an invite.

I think I'm only gold 3 on 3s and gold 1 on 2s.

Also peep how everyone on Sony about this but no one balked at MS doing this years ago.
this. 
dont knock rocket league pa that game is flames 
It sets a precedent for future cross platform games. When they see a unified block of PC, Switch and Xbox and then the PS4 off to the side. One is going to get development priorities and updates over the other
it's hard to say it will set a precedence because i would believe each game and devs would have to go about it differently and it would come down to how big the player bases are for each game for devs to make those kinds of decisions. 
1. No they did not.

2. True crossplay is between console-to-console M$ was the first to greenlight this, Nintendo followed.

3. You still don't understand that is not just a rocket leauge thing... THIS WOULD OPEN THE DOOR FOR COD and other shooters to cross platform... Think big picture.
1. Yes they did. Sony's earliest attempt was with allowing it with Final Fantasy 11 with PC if memory serves me right. 

2. Cross play is cross play b. Sony has done a lot with cross play in the past

3. I was just talking about Rocket League because it was brought up as an example that someone else mentioned. i clearly understand what is being said so stop that. as i said it comes down to what each company feels is best for their business. I'm just being real in saying that whichever company is on top will be apprehensive to wanting it because it would not be a big financial gain from their viewpoint compared to their competition

Back
Top Bottom