The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

this. 

dont knock rocket league pa that game is flames 

it's hard to say it will set a precedence because i would believe each game and devs would have to go about it differently and it would come down to how big the player bases are for each game for devs to make those kinds of decisions. 

1. Yes they did. Sony's earliest attempt was with allowing it with Final Fantasy 11 with PC if memory serves me right. 

2. Cross play is cross play b. Sony has done a lot with cross play in the past

3. I was just talking about Rocket League because it was brought up as an example that someone else mentioned. i clearly understand what is being said so stop that. as i said it comes down to what each company feels is best for their business. I'm just being real in saying that whichever company is on top will be apprehensive to wanting it because it would not be a big financial gain from their viewpoint compared to their competition

They did not.

Earliest was when Sega Partnered with M$ to help bring Dreamcast (modified Windows Ce) owners crossplay with PC for these titles

4x4 Evolution
ChuChu Rocket!
Quake III Arena
Phantasy Star Online

THEN M$ Took it a step further on Xbox 360 with Shadowrun in 2007

Last edited:
i think one reason im lagging is because im over here in korea but my ps4 thinks im in US.
still could that be it?
Not really. Some yes some no

Oh dude, I didn't realiae you were in Korea. That could be purely a distance thing. I mean it did decent considering that little tid bit.

do u still lag even when u do quick matches?

Blas are you down for some matches this evening?

^ ow alright, i thought u wer ready when u sent the friend request. its already 7pm in my timezone so i hope we can still play before i get sleepy [emoji]128517[/emoji]

They did not.

Earliest was when Sega Partnered with M$ to help bring Dreamcast (modified Windows Ce) owners crossplay with PC for these titles

4x4 Evolution
ChuChu Rocket!
Quake III Arena
Phantasy Star Online

THEN M$ Took it a step further on Xbox 360 with Shadowrun in 2007

He didn't say Sony did it first, he said their earliest attempt was with FFXI which had 360, PS2 and PC cross play.

Sony had Cross Play with Portal and FFXIV on PS3 and they have it with Rocket League, FFXIV and SFV on PS4 so they're not opposed to cross-play.
They also did it with Wipeout 2048 and SFxT on Vita to PS3.

From a business perspective though, you can argue they get nothing out of it while their competitors gain from it so why should they do it.

For example. Here's the Tekken 7 first week sale split in the UK.

View media item 2465048
83% of it's first week sales were on the PS4. If you saw that then you will be more likely to get it on the PS4 because you will find more matches.
However, if it was cross-play then it doesn't matter where you get it so Sony might lose a sale.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but they're all businesses and are in the business of making money.
If the PR gets so bad then Sony will greenlight it and if it dies down then it dies down and Sony will still an advantage when it comes to install base for many of their games.

They can play the waiting game but we'll see how it plays out. I don't think the PS fans care as much as fans from the other consoles to be honest.

I wouldn't expect to see it on most titles either. Rocket League and Minecraft use dedicated servers so as far as my understanding goes, the server dictates everything so the rival networks don't have to speak to each other.
Whereas with a p2p solution, Sony, MS and in some cases Nintendo would all need to sit down, talk to each other and get on each other's terms when it comes to security since their respective platforms will be communicating with each other and I don't really see that happening from any side.

Last edited:
What's everyones region that plans to be in the lobby? If you're US, then what's your time zone?

Last edited:
Man cross play will get here and people won't even care after a few weeks :lol:

Sony claims they intentionally chose not to show some PS4 exclusives at E3. They'll reveal some info from these teams at later dates.

This could all be just talk but I do wonder if maybe Sony is going to start focusing less on E3 and more on PSX.

Sony claims they intentionally chose not to show some PS4 exclusives at E3. They'll reveal some info from these teams at later dates.

This could all be just talk but I do wonder if maybe Sony is going to start focusing less on E3 and more on PSX.

They have to spread stuff out more.

We still don't know what Sucker Punch is working on.It's been what 3 years since inFAMOUS second son.

They have to spread stuff out more.

We still don't know what Sucker Punch is working on.It's been what 3 years since inFAMOUS second son.
yeah Second Son dropped in 2014. I like that they have their own thing. When they dropped TLOU 2 reveal that was crazy man

Mojang CEO Jonas Märtensson says the account system will have you logging in to Xbox Live on Switch. Might be part of why Sony is reluctant?

http://www.pressfire.no/nyheter/Xbox...-p-Playstation

The way it is done is based on Microsoft's services, who also get a sneaky side effect, and that may explain why Sony has been somewhat lukewarm:

- We link together all through Xbox Live. So you log in with your Xbox Live ...

Also on the Switch?

- Yes, hehe. It's also quite unique! But all those who are involved in this, all platform holders have been very pragmatic and understand that what we want to do is create a good experience for the players. So we needed a good system to get everyone together - and Xbox Live is a good system.

Sony probably worried of getting hacked via ms

I've had my account on both systems jacked before that's why now I only buy cards to buy stuff on their online stores

Man Sony gonna do what Sony does. I can whine and maybe they'll change their mind or I can just play my games.

I'll play my games. When I want to play with Xbox people, I'll turn on my xbox.

I get it, I,m in a Sony thread.

Same thread that didn't care about Acheivments and Party Chat
tired.gif
i thought we were having a good convo guess that wasn't the case

Back
Top Bottom