The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I've never been a fan of God of War... to me it will always be the simple man's Ninja Gaiden or DMC. A so called action game that basically plays itself. I'm good. At least it looks like they are finally making more PSPro LEs, fortunately for my wallet I have no interest in that one.

God of War is cool. Pretty much non stop madness for 8-10 hours.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays.

Personally I think it's one of the GOAT franchises. Supposedly this one isn't a button masher like the previous ones. Some of the those puzzles were hard though lol

:lol:
sarcastic-thumbs-up.jpg

The problem is that GoW come automatically dumped down, it's in their mechanics. I dunno, I have been playing action games for too long, but the series has NEVER impressed me, and I bought the first 3 games when they came out. Yes, they are cinematic, which is cool, most games are these days, but they are extremely lacking in the depth department. Anyway I am gonna stop *****ing about it because it's pointless.

Meh, I honestly hate games that are jsut long for the sake of being long, and a 30-50 hour action game is just a bad idea. Even good games can be too long (looking at you, Nier).

I so want a reason to buy a Pro... but I just can't justify it. Just give me a cool LE! I am still super salty I didn't hear about the MH LE until it was too late.

I so want a reason to buy a Pro... but I just can't justify it. Just give me a cool LE! I am still super salty I didn't hear about the MH LE until it was too late.

Buying my 4K tv the othe day was my excuse haha. Also had a 200 debt card from AT&T so it was totally worth it.

This convo got me thinking about games that people love that you think are trash or never played?

Me:
Zelda
Halo
Forza
Gears of war
God of war
Kirby
Smash bros
Crash B.
Megaman

All of those series are goo,d or at least they were at one point.

I honestly haven't been impressed with a Zelda game since Link to the Past. Halo is cool, but I haven't been a big Halo fan since Halo 2. Gears of War is ok, but that also peaked for me with 2. Kirby games will always be fun to me, but they are getting old, the peak was KDL2. Never cared for Smash Bros, just too simple of a fighter for me. Mega Man games vary wildly in quality, but the X series, specifically the first 3 games, will always be classics to me. Crush Bandicoot also peaked at 2.

Im looking to get out of my OG PS4 and into a Pro. Been putting it off until The Show releases, havent played my ps4 in months. The time is here.

But target near me doesnt have any in stock smh

Haven’t been impressed with a Zelda game since ALTTP? Did I just read that in here? Mega man trash? Who raised you monsters?

:smh:

I have loved Zelda games. I haven’t completed one since Wind Waker.

Actually let me chill. Wind Waker and Orcrina of Time are the only ones I have played and beat :lol:.

I have played BOTW and it is dope but I can’t really buy a console for a couple games.

I bought the Switch and Xenoverse and last for about a week before I returned it. I didn’t like the way that particular game performed on the console and to be perfectly honest I am not interested in a lifestyle for me where I spend MORE time playing video games and especially playing them on the go.

Last edited:
PSA: Burnout Remastered is very buggy. Maybe wait until a patch hits.

My save corrupted 3 trophies from the plat. :lol::smh:

It is a common issue apparently from what I am reading.

I've never been a fan of God of War... to me it will always be the simple man's Ninja Gaiden or DMC. A so called action game that basically plays itself. I'm good. At least it looks like they are finally making more PSPro LEs, fortunately for my wallet I have no interest in that one.

Didn't have a PS2 so never got around to playing GoW 1 & 2 however I did play GoW 3 and I didn't quite enjoy it like you but not because of the game mechanics. The gore and violence was simply over the top and the Kratos character was unlikable. This game looks to be different in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom