The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Uncharted 2 would like a word with you.
Twisted Metal 2 would like a word with you.
Half Life 2 would like a word with you.
Portal 2 would like a word with you.
Street Fighter 2 would like a word with you.
Super Smash Bros Melee would like a word with you.
Zelda: A Link to the Past would like a word with you.
Mass Effect 2 would like a word with you.
Resident Evil 2 would like a word with you.
Resident Evil 4 would like a word with you.
Halo 2 would like a word with you.
Arkham City would like a word with you.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 would like a word with you.
Fallout New Vegas would like a word with you.
Silent Hill 2 would like a word with you.
Kingdom Hearts 2 would like a word with you.
Grand Theft Auto 3 would like a word with you.
Persona 4 would like a word with you.

Should I continue?
Mario 3, Mario world, dkc2, mk2, mvc2, cvs2, 3rd strike, super turbo, vf2, the last iteration of vf5, tekken 2, tekken 3, tekken tag 2, tekken 6br, tekken 7...

sonic 2, sonic 3, sonic 3 and knuckles...

dope list.

I can't find the model of TB I have right now, but it looks similar to the Recon line. They are wireless and have lasted at least 4 years. Charge fairly quick on a USB2.0 and hold a charge for around 10-12 hours of gaming.

Uncharted 2 would like a word with you.
Twisted Metal 2 would like a word with you.
Half Life 2 would like a word with you.
Portal 2 would like a word with you.
Street Fighter 2 would like a word with you.
Super Smash Bros Melee would like a word with you.
Zelda: A Link to the Past would like a word with you.
Mass Effect 2 would like a word with you.
Resident Evil 2 would like a word with you.
Resident Evil 4 would like a word with you.
Halo 2 would like a word with you.
Arkham City would like a word with you.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 would like a word with you.
Fallout New Vegas would like a word with you.
Silent Hill 2 would like a word with you.
Kingdom Hearts 2 would like a word with you.
Grand Theft Auto 3 would like a word with you.
Persona 4 would like a word with you.

Should I continue?
I can make a list just as long of great part ones trash part 2 your list means nothing nice try tho

If you can make a list just as long then that would mean there is equal trash part 2's as there are good ones. Hence your original statement of "rare" sequels is incorrect no?

If you can make a list just as long then that would mean there is equal trash part 2's as there are good ones. Hence your original statement of "rare" sequels is incorrect no?
tenor.gif

Don't be that guy

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing an extensive list of part ones that are definitely better than the sequels :nerd:

TLoU came out like 5 months before PS4 and it was the fastest selling PS3 game at the time.

You're talking out of your *** and I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd stop.

Thank you!

Yup. It's one of the Top 50 Best-Selling Games of "All-Time" & it sold 17,000,000 units. :wow:
Thats more than hardcore fans purchasing....... :lol:
Lastly, y'all crazy if you think people are going to wait until PS5 to play TLOU2 after a 6 year build-up. :smh::rofl:

PO

To anyone paying attention to my ongoing hardware issues, I think I identified the issue. The external harddrive I use appears to be causing the problems.

Very strange, because it worked for 2+ years without issue. However in the past couple of months any game I played either directly off of the external or moved over from the drive to my system HD would freeze my PS4.

I unplugged the external drive, re-initialized my PS4 Pro, and re-downloaded a few games directly to my internal drive to test and so far (knock on wood) it appears to have cleared up the system freezing/shutting off issues. I think this started coincidentally happening when my UC4 PS4 kicked the bucket so I thought a new system would solve the problem.

I think it must be drive degradation, because I was very careful to adhere to Sony's suggested specs when picking a drive. I'll probably just use the system drive for the remainder of the PS4 and look at a new one if PS5 supports external drives.

That said, it's almost refreshing only seeing 5 or 6 games pop up on my system rather than the 160+ I had filed. :lol:

Last edited:
I actually wouldn’t mind seeing an extensive list of part ones that are definitely better than the sequels :nerd:
Me too.

JBII JBII take it away.

My 2 cents: I think the sequel being worse than the original stereotype is true of movies and tv remakes, because they're trying to recapture whatever je ne sais quois made the originals likable and popular but as an interactive medium video games tend to avoid that pitfall largely because most video game sequels are just copies of the originals with improved graphics and engine mechanics to begin with. Sometims the stories are worse, yes, but the actual gameplay is typically better because the first game serves as a pseudo beta test/focus group for what people like and want.

That's just my opinion though. Could be completely off.

Back
Top Bottom