The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My only gripe with FF VIIR is the camera can be a little janky during fights and that it has to end. I really hope Part 2 isn’t too far away. I know it won’t happen but I also wish that they’d design it strictly for PS5.

SE better come with it for XVI because it’s gonna be hard to follow after VIIR.

RE4 Remake reportedly in development, slated for 2022 release.

A Resident Evil 4 remake isn't needed... it still somewhat holds up today... the gap between the original 2 and 3 and their remakes are pretty much whole different games though

RE4 Remake reportedly in development, slated for 2022 release.

I'd opt they just let it be; that game is perfection. But can't blame em for revisiting the classics. It's a proven $$maker, noobs will eat it up and oldheads will stay reminiscing.
They can't lose.

I’m all for a remake. Those controls are terrible by today’s standards. I couldn’t get pass the first 20 minutes before dropping it.

Also the sooner we drop current gen, the better.

I’m all for a remake. Those controls are terrible by today’s standards. I couldn’t get pass the first 20 minutes before dropping it.

Also the sooner we drop current gen, the better.
Controls added to it. In hindsight.
They tried switching it up and RE6 happened.

Controls added to it. In hindsight.
They tried switching it up and RE6 happened.
Maybe back then it did. If people still want to play with those controls, they can play RE4 on GameCube, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U, Switch, iPhone, iPad, and your smart refrigerator. The rest of us will enjoy it on PS5/XSX/PC :pimp:

So they’re skipping over code Veronica ?

Unless they sneak swerve us and drop it alongside RE8 the way they did with showing us the Online Survive thing and really dropped 3 with it.

I was hoping they would touch that. Save 4 for 2025. 30th Anniversary or so.

Like Swedro said, for those waiting for the full FF7R collection, just bare in mind that Part 1 is meant to be a 40 hour game so all the parts together you're looking at 100 to 200 hours depending on how much of a completionist you are.

I'm just going to wait for the enhanced version on PS5 then jump on.
Should make the wait less.

A lot of the hardwork for this game has been done already with character modelling, textures UI, soundtrack etc so in theory dev time for part 2 should be less time than starting from scratch.

On the other hand, it'll be on the next gen console and then there's the world map which will be very different to midgar so it will still be a lot of work.

Kinda glad SE can take advantage of the PS5's SSD for Part 2. It will really be great if they can exploit it to the full and we get a good world map like HZD.

Ni no Kuni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ni no Kuni 2

Had a difficulty spike and quit the game after 20 hours.
Pretty game though but wasn't doing much for me.

I was about to say, that I didn't know it was possible to spend 200 hrs on one game. But then I remembered the year 2010. I had something like 30+ days played on black ops. 🤣. That yr, I was out of school but unemployed. I did nothing but eat, sleep and play that game.. So I have no room to talk lmao

Most time I ever spent on a game was on Dissidia Final Fantasy. The PSP + Back Pocket combo was OP :lol:
Took it everywhere with me. Burnout Paradise is probably next on the list. Spent hours and hours on that game.

I'm wondering now....

If part 2 is going to be on a new console.....how would you get stats from part 1 carry over to part 2?

Doesn’t seem like they would since you could max level Part 1 then nuke everything going forward. My understanding is they’re standalone’s that build off the story from the previous and that’s about it.

Thank God there are manual saves. My 6 yr old was excited and started a new file. Auto save had me back on Chapter 1. I make it a point to save damn near every 30 minutes now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom