The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

2EA25E1F-8C61-4062-B705-5E919AEF4DD0.jpeg

so the special edition I pre ordered last year on amazon still says dec 31 because if the previous delay.

should I wait it out and hope it changed to the new release date?

Pre-ordered both TLOU Part II and Ghost earlier today. I was gonna do deluxe but I’m not listening to those OSTs on my PS4. Hopefully they hit Spotify soon after release.

ND employees are contractors?????

The games industry works like any other entertainment industry. I’m a full time employee but many people are contracted for the duration of a project to do work and after the project is over some get extended, some willingly move on to other projects, some get cut, some get offered full time. You don’t keep a full staff during the conceptual stages and pre-production. For example you don’t need a full staff of QA people when you’re not actively debugging a game.

In relation to what you’re referencing from the article, there are a lot of contractors on this project who wrapped up before or right as COVID hit and their contracts and benefits got extended through the lock-down even though they had wrapped up their work.

2EA25E1F-8C61-4062-B705-5E919AEF4DD0.jpeg

so the special edition I pre ordered last year on amazon still says dec 31 because if the previous delay.

should I wait it out and hope it changed to the new release date?

12/31 is always a placeholder date in retail. If you cancel it now you most likely won’t be able to get it back.

use ur critical thinking skills
and i mean this respectfully

you’re the last person to talk about critical thinking and I mean that respectfully.

the pandemic is what stopped the previous release date due to not being able to make the discs. The main reason why it’s even releasing now is because of the leaks.

so if they already had trouble getting the man power to create the discs, how do you know they also have enough employees to print the book art and the steel cover as well for special editions? How about people who ordered the deluxe editions with the back packs? Are the backpacks already made? The steel covers? Etc...

if you used your critical thinking skills you would’ve thought about this before quoting me.

The games industry works like any other entertainment industry. I’m a full time employee but many people are contracted for the duration of a project to do work and after the project is over some get extended, some willingly move on to other projects, some get cut, some get offered full time. You don’t keep a full staff during the conceptual stages and pre-production. For example you don’t need a full staff of QA people when you’re not actively debugging a game.

In relation to what you’re referencing from the article, there are a lot of contractors on this project who wrapped up before or right as COVID hit and their contracts and benefits got extended through the lock-down even though they had wrapped up their work.

Preach !

Same way in the IT industry which I've worked in for over 20 years.

I swear man these young thundercats nowadays approach and expectations when it comes to jobs now :lol:

you’re the last person to talk about critical thinking and I mean that respectfully.
Give examples of why ur saying this
I seem to have upset u
Which is why ur throwing a shot
Whilst I was not
So explain where I haven’t used critical thinking
Ur just upset at what I said

this quarantine got yall bugging go get some fresh air. Not that serious at all the game will eventually drop just keep your pre order if they cancel it than go from there.......

One trophy away from a plat in that game. Kill 10 enemies through cover.... played for 5 hours and didnt get a single one. :lol:

One trophy away from a plat in that game. Kill 10 enemies through cover.... played for 5 hours and didnt get a single one. :lol:
I still need a few myself. The one that I know is gonna be a pain is the breach charge kill. The flash bang is a little annoying as well.

Back
Top Bottom