The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Everyone knows that...

My point is why didn’t play Asia list it plainly in the specs section of the preorder page? I’ve seen leaks that say we might get more than one storage option... it also doesn’t mention that the price will adjusted if it’s wrong... Nor has the pre-order been officially announced. Smells like a sneaker reseller move to me.

I spent way more than $699 on a SONY camera today. The price doesn’t bother me, I’m more concerned with the legitimacy and lack of detail offered...

Word... that’s cool... why are they selling standard 1TB PS4 Pro’s for $500+?
Because they're based in HK and that's how much they cost there.

C5C78966-F1D1-47F9-A704-DFE89E7FED2D.gif
F7278667-52A5-4ED0-9E7F-DC84EA99DE1C.gif
2412252D-B0B8-479A-BEE5-74B5565FA5C9.gif
8AC4FB26-F549-4ABF-8BA2-D1253EC3BFF7.gif

Why not just announce pricing with the unveiling, open pre-orders, anyone interested can go to Sony's website and vote what version the want, and then manufacturer them based on that with a margin of error with whatever % their forecast team comes up with?

I would think at this point they have got to be entering manufacturing then very, very soon now since it didn't leak.

If I were to guess...I would agree with the $549 starting price for digital, $649 for 4K Blu-ray. Maybe, just maybe Sony will be slick and do $499-599? I do wonder how much the pricing of this is affected by the pandemic, in a strategery 😉 aspect.

I'm not well versed in the physical vs digital 4K relm, if there is any compression or difference in PQ, but if I can do it digital and have it look exactly the same, I personally would go the digital version. I have 0 movies in 4k that are physical copies. Flip it back 10-15 years, bought tons of Blu-ray movies... still have em, but can't think the last time I watched one.

Ya'll gotta stop buying it, especially if you're not going to play it :lol:

They only got me once because I never gave a damn about GTA Online.

They wanted to sling shark cards, all I wanted was some damn story DLC.

PS4 was $400 when it came out, $436 USD in HK. If Play Asia is selling pre-orders for PS5 for $700, my guess is $600 for the US.

Some people don't care about spoilers

That "some people" is small population though.
No way i wait for a PS5 version of the game of this magnitude. Especially this franchise.
Gotta experience this story myself.
I'd have to avoid the internet/this thread for 18 months. Not happening. :lol:

PO

Why not just announce pricing with the unveiling, open pre-orders, anyone interested can go to Sony's website and vote what version the want, and then manufacturer them based on that with a margin of error with whatever % their forecast team comes up with?
That's not how it works fam, lol.

You ever play poker? You don't want to show your hand to early.

I wouldn't expect Sony to price this over $500. You gotta remember they will be operating at a loss for the first 1 -2 years on the console. It's all about selling a ton of consoles at a relatively affordable price in hopes consumers purchase games and accessories at a high attachment rate to make up the loss on each console.

The breadwinner of the consoles is going to be the digital version, it's going to cost them significantly less to produce this model, it's basically a glorified HDD. Plus they cut out the middle man (retailers) and you download games directly from them.

PS4 was $400 when it came out, $436 USD in HK. If Play Asia is selling pre-orders for PS5 for $700, my guess is $600 for the US.

Seems like it would be sold out if it was super legit. I hear what you’re saying but it still smells funny to me... Are the machines regional or nah?

Y’all sleep. There has to be a price point for the inevitable pro version

$449 for digital
$549 for disk based

Then the pro comes out a year later for $600 while the other 2 go down by $50 bucks.

And that preorder from Play Asia is looking really tempting. Preorders for this thing in a day and age where online bots run rampant can get bad and with the way thing have been this year with public gatherings having a preorder might be the only way you get a hold of one the first 1-2 weeks

Mans said the pro is coming a year later :rofl: :rofl:
The PS4 released november 2013, the PS4 pro came out november 2016. It's gonna take at least 3 years again for the pro bruh
Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot releasing it so fast. This way they wait for production costs to drop to add improved hardware and sell it again

It's hard to guess what the price will be. Sony will want to make sure they're not more expensive than MS so waiting is the only choice it seems.
I think MS is prepared to take a loss after looking at Gamepass and want to undercut to have an advantage.

The PS5 digital edition needs to be $50 cheaper. It needs to be a Trojan horse for a console where you can't buy used games and games are more expensive usually.
A UHD Blu-Ray optical drive at mass market price is probably like $20-$30 but then you also save money on not having to pay a license for it and DVD too.

It's going to cost them though to make 2 different side panels in their factories so the price difference between the two might not be that much.

TLDR:
My guess is $499/$549

Leaving this here. Hope it ain’t actually this high

Play-Asia is legit and one of the best places to import games and accessories that only release in Japan and Asia.
But because they know this, they charge a lot more. So that place holder is there own price and they probably won't change it because there would be shortages at launch and people will get desperate.

:nerd:

I hope a third party developer gets these studios.

I wouldn't expect Sony to price this over $500. You gotta remember they will be operating at a loss for the first 1 -2 years on the console. It's all about selling a ton of consoles at a relatively affordable price in hopes consumers purchase games and accessories at a high attachment rate to make up the loss on each console.

The breadwinner of the consoles is going to be the digital version, it's going to cost them significantly less to produce this model, it's basically a glorified HDD. Plus they cut out the middle man (retailers) and you download games directly from them.

Nah. Sony makes most of their money and revenue off software sales and PS+ subs is what really brings in the dough. Even when PS4 first launched they were selling it at a loss after production costs.

A 4k UHD Blu Ray drive really at this point isn't a hardware part that's going to cost them over $100 in production. Jim Ryan even said in a CNET interview that both the digital and disc models of the PS5 will have the same hardware specs.

Source:

Even 500 is way too low for this kinda tech.
At least that for the digital i think.
I can only assume that's why they playing chicken with the price reveal.
Clearly it's sold at a loss. Question is, How long the wait? How low will they go?
Pretty exciting really.

Every manufacturer usually takes a loss on launch hardware except Nintendo, don't expect the PS5 and SEX to be any different. Another $600 console will repeat the PS3 launch and trust me Sony doesn't want that. It will be $500, probably for the disc based version but the discless version will not be over $500 and I would bet my account on that.

Back
Top Bottom