The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yeah pass on used controllers. Bought a used T300 rs gt wheel from B&H because it was less than 200 bucks, supposedly in like new condition and it looked fine outside. My stupid self didn't even use it for months, and when i finally did the gas wouldn't hit all the way, opened it up and there was caked up mud and hair in there :sick:

What you guys playing? After TLOU Part II, I got the plat for GoW and am currently working on the plat for Detroit: Become Human. I am also playing through Days Gone. This should all keep me busy until Ghost of Tsushima drops.

gonna try and finish Lost Legacy before Ghost. Other than that just in the dojo in SFV mostly.

Just finished the game last night. Some initial thoughts:
- This game is a masterpiece. Period, point blank. Naughty Dog’s story telling ability and attention to detail is second to none

- I can’t believe they actually got me to care (even love in some cases) characters that I hated in the beginning of the game! I fell in love with Abby’s character by the end of the game, so much so that I literally hated both times her and Ellie had to fight (from a personal standpoint, not a story perspective. I understand why it had to happen). It was like watching two of your befriends fight, except this time one of them might die

- Seeing Ellie and Joel’s last interaction at the end of the game makes his death even more heartbreaking. He died without Ellie fully forgiving him

- Ellie’s rendition of ‘Take on Me’ is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen or heard in a video game. Maybe any form of media. I’ve seen it three times (first in my playthrough, then by watching two other people play on YouTube, and I got chills every time

- I loved Dina. She was dope as hell and really down for Ellie. I love how even though she was pregnant, they didn’t reduce her down to the typical “damsel in distress” girlfriend role. I really wish they could’ve lived the rest of their lives happily together

- Alice :frown:

I feel like everything else has been said already. The attention to detail, the gameplay, the acting. All are top notch. This game is amazing and everyone should play it

- This game is a masterpiece. Period, point blank. Naughty Dog’s story telling ability and attention to detail is second to none

- I can’t believe they actually got me to care (even love in some cases) characters that I hated in the beginning of the game! I fell in love with Abby’s character by the end of the game, so much so that I literally hated both times her and Ellie had to fight (from a personal standpoint, not a story perspective. I understand why it had to happen). It was like watching two of your befriends fight, except this time one of them might die

- Seeing Ellie and Joel’s last interaction at the end of the game makes his death even more heartbreaking. He died without Ellie fully forgiving him

- Ellie’s rendition of ‘Take on Me’ is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen or heard in a video game. Maybe any form of media. I’ve seen it three times (first in my playthrough, then by watching two other people play on YouTube, and I got chills every time

- I loved Dina. She was dope as hell and really down for Ellie. I love how even though she was pregnant, they didn’t reduce her down to the typical “damsel in distress” girlfriend role. I really wish they could’ve lived the rest of their lives happily together

I feel like everything else has been said already. The attention to detail, the gameplay, the acting. All are top notch. This game is amazing and everyone should play it
Agree with your review. It was a solid game and don't see how so many people can come to the conclusion that the game is trash.

You look at the overall story and how the game ended and it's just sad.

I'm now dealing with people in a group chat who are reviewing their game based on a walkthrough. SMH play the damn game yourself and come to your conclusion.

What you guys playing? After TLOU Part II, I got the plat for GoW and am currently working on the plat for Detroit: Become Human. I am also playing through Days Gone. This should all keep me busy until Ghost of Tsushima drops.

Persona 5. Bought it originally around the release date and stopped playing in the beginning because it started off excruciatingly slow. Picked it back up after beating FF7R and thoroughly enjoying it now.

people who think TLoU2 is a masterpiece

e3o1py3s1a851.png

Also, terrible meme usage.

That dudebro would be *****ing about the story like you.

I hated Abby in the beginning, but I'm not sure if I liked her as much as the game wanted me to in the end. In the end, Abby and Ellie are both huge pieces of **** who lost literally everything because they were so hungry for revenge.

The fight you do as Abby against Ellie in the theater, though... Legit had to stop playing the game for a day. I found it incredibly difficult for some reason. I just couldn't bring myself to doing it. The fight at the end was difficult, but to me, not nearly as difficult as the one in the theater.

I genuinely feel a lot of people dog on the story because they seriously can't look past the fact Joel dies. Like Joel was some kind of ****ing hero or some ****. He was also a piece of ****! He killed all the Fireflies! He could have saved the world and decided not to! Is the bond between him and Ellie strong, and still worthwhile? Yes, but man still has a lot of problems.

I also don't understand how people are somehow disappointed that the story is still a tragedy and doesn't have a happy ending, or happy outcomes. Like, did the details of TLOU1 go way over y'alls heads too??

I could go on lol. I already have theories about TLOU3 if it ever happens.

A buddy is texting me non-stop about how much he hates the game and how they marketed the game on lies.

Is this what people are complaining about? Sheesh.

It seems like people can't just be disappointed with a game. They have to cry about it to everyone who actually does like it.
I understand if someone doesn't like the game. But man, people have some strong emotions towards the dislike of this game for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom