The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I hated Abby in the beginning, but I'm not sure if I liked her as much as the game wanted me to in the end. In the end, Abby and Ellie are both huge pieces of **** who lost literally everything because they were so hungry for revenge.

The fight you do as Abby against Ellie in the theater, though... Legit had to stop playing the game for a day. I found it incredibly difficult for some reason. I just couldn't bring myself to doing it. The fight at the end was difficult, but to me, not nearly as difficult as the one in the theater.

I genuinely feel a lot of people dog on the story because they seriously can't look past the fact Joel dies. Like Joel was some kind of ****ing hero or some ****. He was also a piece of ****! He killed all the Fireflies! He could have saved the world and decided not to! Is the bond between him and Ellie strong, and still worthwhile? Yes, but man still has a lot of problems.

the fireflies were just as bad as Joel. Also, the fireflies themselves said that vaccine isnt guaranteed in the first game so they were taking a huge gamble with killing a Ellie. The fireflies were killing an innocent girl without her consent, killed tons of people, didn’t even hold their end of the bargain with supplying Joel with guns and loot,etc. Joel isn’t a hero, but neither is Abby’s dad or the fireflies. Everyone in this story is a piece of **** so at this point it’s all up to who you feel more emotions for.

I also don't understand how people are somehow disappointed that the story is still a tragedy and doesn't have a happy ending, or happy outcomes. Like, did the details of TLOU1 go way over y'alls heads too??

I could go on lol. I already have theories about TLOU3 if it ever happens.

Response in red

:rofl:
Yall getting your feelings hurt now because I posted a meme? Lol

They complain about crying but they cry about people not liking the game, it's pretty funny.

Not everyone likes the game, what's the big deal, :lol:

Post a meme and the TLoU2 is a masterpiece brigade comes out in full force.

We get it, some people had to have a carbon copy of the first game

Not all of us needed that

Once I realized the game wasn't going to be a journey to Seattle, I had zero expectations

No, you don't get it, :lol:

We just wanted a well written story like the 1st game had.

That's literally it.

Ellie is bad, she kills dog.

Abby is good, she pets dog.

MASTERPIECE!

I think TLOU2 storys pretty good.. I'm locked in now and can't wait to play again. Gameplay is much like the first one which I loved, improved a bit. They allowed much more infected vs human scenarios which I enjoy and felt the first neglected.

Most importantly they touch on several social, cultural, societal topics that have never really been explored in video games. Gay, bisexual, transgender, with an asian guy getting the women for one of the first times i've seen in movies/video games, almost always white or black guy. Haven't finished the game yet, but I think it's clearly about the cycle of revenge/vengeance and is very applicable to the real world with constant war in Africa/middle east.

I haven't seen it as X character is good, X character is bad = story..

It's so well written that the entire fan base is divided on the game.

Great job they did.

Not to take away from your post but I can hardly think of any black video game characters which is sad. Most people instantly say Lee from TWD.

That's what I said.

When you have to copyright strike people for saying bad things about your game and block negative reviews on Meta, that's not a good look.

Naughty Dog themselves has said the game is divisive, they knew it would be before the game even came out.

Also, if anyone thinks of Lee from TWD before CJ, Barret or Jax then they need to go buy a Switch.

Part 3? The cycle of violence is over I thought?

What's that gonna be? An Abby/Tev dog petting sim?

Response in red
the Fireflies did a lot of ****ed up things (killed soldiers, blew up checkpoints, etc. )but they were the only group of people actually trying to find a cure to the virus and save humanity rather than only trying to preserve their own lives. And I keep seeing people say that they weren’t sure a vaccine could actually be made. I don’t remember them actually saying that (unless I’m forgetting). I always thought that was just a lie Joel told Ellie? Either way, I can’t fault them for wanting to sacrifice one person to save millions of lives. Especially since it had been twenty years since outbreak day at that point and they had never come across another immune person. But besides that, Fireflies or not, Joel killed Abby’s dad. Who wouldn’t want revenge for that?

the Fireflies did a lot of ****ed up things (killed soldiers, blew up checkpoints, etc. )but they were the only group of people actually trying to find a cure to the virus and save humanity rather than only trying to preserve their own lives. And I keep seeing people say that they weren’t sure a vaccine could actually be made. I don’t remember them actually saying that (unless I’m forgetting). I always thought that was just a lie Joel told Ellie? Either way, I can’t fault them for wanting to sacrifice one person to save millions of lives. Especially since it had been twenty years since outbreak day at that point and they had never come across another immune person. But besides that, Fireflies or not, Joel killed Abby’s dad. Who wouldn’t want revenge for that?

we don’t know if the fireflies were even going to use the vaccine for good. For all the ****ed up **** they’ve done, they could’ve used the vaccine as a power play and use it to their advantage. Also, the world is pretty much ****ed up beyond repair. Just look at all the killings. Its more so human on human violence than it is on infected.

the vaccine not being guaranteed was said in a voice memo recording. In the last mission in the first game you can pick it up and listen to the doctor saying it so it’s not a lie by Joel. The vaccine was never guaranteed.

you don’t blame them killing a girl without her consent but what if it was your own daughter? Would you sacrifice your own daughter for the vaccine? That’s what marlene asked and Abby’s dad and he knew he couldn’t do that. Ellie was like Joel’s daughter so Joel’s actions were understandable imo.

Joel only killed Abbys dad because Abbys dad came at him with a knife first. But either way, imagine all the fathers and sons Abby has killed when she was a firefly/Wolf.

no one is innocent in this story. Everyone has killed and done ****ed up ****. Like I said before. In the end it’s who you’re emotionally connected to the most that determines who’s side you choose.

No we're just tired of you actin like a lil *** everytime somebody posts anything TLOU related. We get it, you hopped in your feels and hated the game.

the one acting like a lil ***** is you doggy. You quoted me, not the other way around.

if you can’t ignore a post on the internet without having the need to respond then it’s you who’s in the feels

the one acting like a lil ***** is you doggy. You quoted me, not the other way around.

if you can’t ignore a post on the internet without having the need to respond then it’s you who’s in the feels

Don't worry, he did the same to me.

Called me ignorant when I said I didn't like the writing, then complains about crying, :lol:

We can have an opinion as long as it aligns w/ everyone else.

If it doesn't, you're crying.

Don't worry, he did the same to me.

Called me ignorant when I said I didn't like the writing, then complains about crying, :lol:

I can’t believe how many ppl got triggered cause I posted a freaking meme:stoneface:

I’m down to discuss the game and break it down with folks but ppl are just gonna say I’m crying 😢

It seems like people can't just be disappointed with a game. They have to cry about it to everyone who actually does like it.
That's like saying ppl can't just be happy with a game. They have to praise it to everyone who actually doesn't like it.

Most ppl are doing what they usually do, freely sharing opinions and discussing the particulars of what they do or don't like. Nothing new when it comes to anything really.

Last edited:
I can’t believe how many ppl got triggered cause I posted a freaking meme:stoneface:

I’m down to discuss the game and break it down with folks but ppl are just gonna say I’m crying 😢

Look, he's tired of you saying you don't like the game, alright?

Can you please just stop voicing your opinion so I don't have to see him whining about it anymore?

Take your tears somewhere else, man.

That's like saying ppl can't just be happy with a game. They have to praise it to everyone who actually doesn't like it.

Most ppl are doing what they usually do freely sharing opinions and discussing the particulars of what they do or don't like. Nothing new when it comes to anything really.
Fair enough.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom