The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I don’t know if this has been asked, but how do you guys feel about PS5 games costing $70?

I don’t have a problem with Sony first party exclusive games doing it.

Thankfully I don’t buy annualized FPS game like COD or sports titles. Those people I can see why Xbox Series X and the rumored cheaper Xbox Series S snd gamepass makes sense for them. But at the same time a lot of the popular 3rd party games aren’t available day 1 and same day they release. That only applies to Microsoft first party exclusive games.

I don’t know if this has been asked, but how do you guys feel about PS5 games costing $70?
The way things are now I just wait. If its a must have dope was game, I might pull the trigger but chances are in a year or two if you have the patience these games and up half price or $10 or bundled in some collection.

If anything I'm more surprised with how much time has passed and how many new gen consoles that have come and gone to where $400 is seen as a deal that games haven't skyrocketed to $80 and $90.

If it's a game from a series like Uncharted, Last Of Us, God of War, Horizon, then I don't mind paying that much because I know I will get my moneys worth.

Everything else I can just wait out a month or 2 until Amazon has it for $45-50.

The one thing I never see gamers bring up when it comes to the cost of games, is that some games are actually under charging at $60. Like, I didn’t like The Witcher 3 personally, but even still, there’s no way you can tell me that’s a $60 game. Game should’ve cost $200 minimum

I'm not paying 70. I don't even pay 60 anymore.

It feels like a waste of money when they go on sale months later. (Sometimes with a complete edition.)

With that being said....Microtransactions gotta go.

The one thing I never see gamers bring up when it comes to the cost of games, is that some games are actually under charging at $60. Like, I didn’t like The Witcher 3 personally, but even still, there’s no way you can tell me that’s a $60 game. Game should’ve cost $200 minimum

Gamers don’t care what the production cost is.

Unless you work in the industry or for a game studio like Hybrid.

Who gives a sh*t. Just deliver a top quality AAA game and experience is what the consumer and gaming community cares about.

Gamers don’t care what the production cost is.

Unless you work in the industry or for a game studio like Hybrid.

Who gives a sh*t. Just deliver a top quality AAA game and experience is what the consumer and gaming community cares about.
I’m not talking about production. I’m talking about value. TW3’s main campaign can take 60 hours to complete. Not to mention the side quests which can be full on story quests on their own. Then factor in all the expansions which could almost be full on games themselves, and for all that content you paid $60. Then take a game like HZD (which I loved) that has a significantly shorter campaign even including the side missions, and one expansion that you had to pay for on top of the $60 you already paid for the base game. That’s what I mean. Both games cost the same price yet one gives you significantly more content at release and even more after for free.

I agree to an extent but sometimes that additional content isn't worth the money. I ain't paying $200 for the The Witcher III or any other game

unless it's Final Fantasy VI Remake :lol:

Cross bioshock infinite off the back list. Good game but wildly overrated. Elizabeth a real one for always giving you money.

I agree to an extent but sometimes that additional content isn't worth the money. I ain't paying $200 for the The Witcher III or any other game

unless it's Final Fantasy VI Remake :lol:
:lol: I agree. And I’m not saying content should be the only deciding factor. I just think it’s weird that (according to my knowledge) the gaming industry is the only industry to follow this pricing model. Game prices stay stagnant regardless of the advances in tech, how good the game is or isn’t, production value and cost, etc. Its crazy that Fallout’76 shipped at $60 when God of War (which most consider to be a masterpiece) shipped at the same price

If I were a developer/publisher I'd charge more or less for my games too. CoD in it's heyday could have sold for at least $80 per game :lol:

Other than FF7, TLOU2, I'm getting all my games on sale for this 1 year+. Got a huge backlog still to work through. No regrets on buying those retail

I am not tripping personally because I am not making the same mistake next gen by having more than I can play. So by the time I get to whatever is next it will be on sale for 30 either way.

Smart.

ezgif-4-ec4e0668df63.gif

I started taking this approach now with PS4 games.

I have a bunch of games sitting in my PS Store wishlist for over year now. Just waiting for a nice deal to hit so that I can pull the trigger and save some money.

I bought some games at launch that I have still have yet to play and have seen them go them apart of some nice sales since. :smh:

Unless I'm gonna play a game right away I have no problem waiting for sales.

My patience is on some Job-esque levels now. :lol:

I'm not paying 70. I don't even pay 60 anymore.

It feels like a waste of money when they go on sale months later. (Sometimes with a complete edition.)

With that being said....Microtransactions gotta go.
I rarely pay retail on anything anyways, but especially not now when the big studios all are pretty much printing free money with some kinda sub/microtransaction/battle royale multiplayer game.

I'm fine with it. We paid more for SNES/N64 games. It's also been 15+ years since games went to $60. Games cost more and consumers expect so much more from these games. People are expecting to pay $60 but get years worth of content. Now games with lots of MTX and pay-to-win features should not cost $60. Hell most of them should be free.
This just blew my mind. I remember playing the first PS3 in 2006 at a GameStop and thinking how amazing the graphics looked. Time really does fly by...

I got the PS4 last year so I got all the Sony exclusive games for $20 and less. Only PS4 game I paid retail for was FF7 remake and TLoU2.

I just need 2-3 PS5 games at launch and I should be good. I need to hear more about BC from Sony too. I'm holding off on Death Stranding to see if it's enhanced.

I just need 2-3 PS5 games at launch and I should be good. I need to hear more about BC from Sony too. I'm holding off on Death Stranding to see if it's enhanced.

From what has been said about that games, the graphics are incredible.

The gameplay is a snoozefest.

Death Stranding with DualSense features could be a game changer.

If the battery can hold up.

Back
Top Bottom