The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My TCL from last year is getting a variable refresh rate software update so I’m holding onto that for a couple more years then getting a Sony.

Kinda want the Sony but seeing as it'd only be for gaming purposes in earnest and the fact that games won't be taking full advantage of the 120 FPS for at least a year if not longer I can wait. My TCL still running strong after 3 years.
The Top Sony was on my list but I think Im going to stick with the Q90T this year since its basically the same as last years model but with the basic needed updates. Maybe in a year or two I'll jump on the next updated version but they're arent there yet.

The Top Sony was on my list but I think Im going to stick with the Q90T this year since its basically the same as last years model but with the basic needed updates. Maybe in a year or two I'll jump on the next updated version but they're arent there yet.
Ha, I just bought a Q90T yesterday. Working on setting it up and calibrating it (if anyone has a good suggestion for this, please lmk). Wanted to get something before the PS5 dropped that should last me this generation. Last TV I bought was a 43" Vizio in 2013.

The crowd reaction is what's bothering me most about this video :smh:

Zion catches the lob over Curry, barely any reaction.

Klay misses a 3 everyone stands up cheering until Lonzo crosses center court and now the whole crowd sits down :ohwell:

With no cyberpunk guess it’s 2K, Spider-Man and now COD for Day 1 games

tenor.gif

Ha, I just bought a Q90T yesterday. Working on setting it up and calibrating it (if anyone has a good suggestion for this, please lmk). Wanted to get something before the PS5 dropped that should last me this generation. Last TV I bought was a 43" Vizio in 2013.

RTINGs always has good tips on calibration but always go off what looks best for your eyes. What size did you end up getting, any flaws you can see as of yet?

I'm probably gonna get a new tv too :lol: I have a 4k Sony Bravia 850xd(I think) from 2016 in my living room. Was gonna put that in my bonus room for the ps5 and just buy a cheap TV for the living room...but I think I'm gonna just get a nice *** 55" for my bonus room and PS5. Was looking at the sony x900h or the Q80/Q90 samsung most likely.

RTINGs always has good tips on calibration but always go off what looks best for your eyes. What size did you end up getting, any flaws you can see as of yet?
55". No flaws, but I'm also jumping in from an older Vizio (gfs dad gave us his old Vizio from like 2015 or 2016, so not the old one I bought). Only thing I've watched was an episode of Mr Robot.

55". No flaws, but I'm also jumping in from an older Vizio (gfs dad gave us his old Vizio from like 2015 or 2016, so not the old one I bought). Only thing I've watched was an episode of Mr Robot.

I'd calibrate with whatever RTNGS suggests for that model and year of your tv. They're pretty full proof, or at least give a great starting point that you could tweak from there

I was going to keep waiting for the price to possibly get cheaper closer to Black Friday sales but I dont know if I can wait LOL. A few hundred in sales or play with my PS5 the day I get it...?
>D

Back
Top Bottom