The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

@mikejs210 I had a similar problem with the pan store, it was asking to verify my card for a free download. I went to the psn store on my phone and was able to download the game from there, maybe that will be an option. Don't know if you would have to have the pro be activated as the primary console though.

I went ahead and copped the Samsung KS8000 while picking up the Pro at Best Buy. I kept thinking that I was going to need to see what this thing can actually output. I only got to play the opening sequence of Rise of the Tomb Raider and wow :wow: the game looks sick. I actually prefer the 1080/60 mode though. The audio kept going in and out however; I don't know if that was because it was still installing. Can someone let me know if that happens when you play a game that's still installing?

Also, are there any confirmations of how Battlefield 1 runs on the Pro? I've read that it's rendering at 4K and some people are reporting better frame rate performance. I'd love it if it could do 1080/60 or 1440/60.

My two disappointments with the launch of the Pro are that Uncharted 4 can't run 1080/60 and The Witcher 3 not getting a bump.

One more thing, I kept getting the WC-40382-7 Error Code; that my credit card information wasn't valid, despite making a purchase earlier in the evening. I called up my bank and they said there were no issues or holds. It seems like this is an issue that comes up for the PS Store. Anyone have a work around or should I just get some PSN cards?

People are saying that it runs smoother in 1080p but it doesn't have a 4K patch yet.
They also think DICE are silent on this because of their marketing partnership with MS.

Either that or they're just putting more work into it and will patch it later.

@mikejs210 I had a similar problem with the pan store, it was asking to verify my card for a free download. I went to the psn store on my phone and was able to download the game from there, maybe that will be an option. Don't know if you would have to have the pro be activated as the primary console though.

That wasn't working either. I checked the forums and someone said that an automatic 1 week hold is placed on new accounts. My account isn't new, but I guess it registers that way since I just set up my PS4 from scratch.

I went ahead and copped the Samsung KS8000 while picking up the Pro at Best Buy. I kept thinking that I was going to need to see what this thing can actually output. I only got to play the opening sequence of Rise of the Tomb Raider and wow
eek.gif
the game looks sick. I actually prefer the 1080/60 mode though. The audio kept going in and out however; I don't know if that was because it was still installing. Can someone let me know if that happens when you play a game that's still installing?

Also, are there any confirmations of how Battlefield 1 runs on the Pro? I've read that it's rendering at 4K and some people are reporting better frame rate performance. I'd love it if it could do 1080/60 or 1440/60.

My two disappointments with the launch of the Pro are that Uncharted 4 can't run 1080/60 and The Witcher 3 not getting a bump.

One more thing, I kept getting the WC-40382-7 Error Code; that my credit card information wasn't valid, despite making a purchase earlier in the evening. I called up my bank and they said there were no issues or holds. It seems like this is an issue that comes up for the PS Store. Anyone have a work around or should I just get some PSN cards?
Just imagine how Tomb Raider would look if you played the game on a better builded PC.

Porshe 718 vs 911

After I saw the Black Friday ads. I went back to Target and returned Skyrim, Bioshock collection, and Forza Horizon 3 whiched I copped on the B2G1 free deal that went on a few weeks ago.

Had this happen on the PS3, it was zipcode make sure to use zip+4 after that if your bank uses it. Also, I advise against storing and using the credit card just buy PSN cards on amazon. I don't trust Sony or Microsoft with my credit card.

Last edited:
Had this happen on the PS3, it was zipcode make sure to use zip+4 after that if your bank uses it. Also, I advise against storing and using the credit card just buy PSN cards on amazon. I don't trust Sony or Mircosoft with my credit card.

I talked with a chat rep and he said that my account was probably locked for 24 hours since I just entered my card and made like 3 purchases. He advised the same as far as just buying codes on Amazon. I'll go ahead and do that.

I'm trying to give Sony my money and they don't want me man :\

Just imagine how Tomb Raider would look if you played the game on a better builded PC.

Porshe 718 vs 911
I suppose. I'll always be console gamer though.
I feel that but just like this push for 60fps that no one really cared about they will be another push for PC couch gaming in the future. 

PC gamers been understood fps, its just now there is a big outcry that console gamers have been giving the short end of the stick.

People thought UC4, TLU, and TW3 was great before the pro. Just imagine taking the next step to other games outside of PS excluisves

Had this happen on the PS3, it was zipcode make sure to use zip+4 after that if your bank uses it. Also, I advise against storing and using the credit card just buy PSN cards on amazon. I don't trust Sony or Microsoft with my credit card.
Exactly.

Y'all dudes wild using your credit cards with Sony after those shenanigans in 2011.

Finally watching the horizon trailer in something above 1080p and holy crap that game looks amazing. Now for some reason the YouTube video wouldn't load in 4k and was playing in 2k instead and even that looked crazy, to think that it is going to look even better than the video at the time of me watching it due to the YT compression, I can't even comprehend. Looking forward to playing it at PSX.

The PSVR load time is so painfully slow on the slim, really makes me wish I got the PRO despite the fact I'm just a casual gamer.

The PSVR load time is so painfully slow on the slim, really makes me wish I got the PRO despite the fact I'm just a casual gamer.

ttttt.png

Ain't no such thang as a casual gamer PLEIGH BOW. RIP to my old PS4 that collected nothing but dust. Now on too my new PS4 that'll share the same fate!!

Last edited:
Skate 4 confirmed?
nerd.gif

Skate 3 is now backwards compatiable on xbox one. 

On this week's "This Week in Xbox" Major Nelson said 

"Skate fans were estatic to find that Skate 3 launched into backwards compatibility as well. Now as many of you know this was easily one of the most requested titles and I'm thrilled to see it finally come together for the few of you who have been asking."

Then he winked.

There's no reason for him to wink, unless...

Skate 4 confirmed?:nerd:

Skate 3 is now backwards compatiable on xbox one. 
On this week's "This Week in Xbox" Major Nelson said 
"Skate fans were estatic to find that Skate 3 launched into backwards compatibility as well. Now as many of you know this was easily one of the most requested titles and I'm thrilled to see it finally come together for the few of you who have been asking."
Then he winked.

View media item 2227315

There's no reason for him to wink, unless...
He's referencing his earlier statement that their would be more fan requested games coming on a Saturday

EA already said they aren't making Skate 4.

EA already said they aren't making Skate 4.
They've also said that the ME series wouldn't be remastered.

Then they said the ME series would be remastered. 

Then they said the ME series wouldn't be remastered again.

Now the ME series is on xb1.

They've also said that the ME series wouldn't be remastered.

Then they said the ME series would be remastered. 

Then they said the ME series wouldn't be remastered again.

Now the ME series is on xb1.
what does this have to do with anything? 

Why would Microsoft care about Skate 4. This weekend kicks off the Xbox fan fest so they are doing things. EA pretty much tells you what they are working on 2-3 years out. They don't make games overnight. We know exactly what games they are making through 2018 basically

And the Mass effect statement doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom