The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

1475963782276.gif

"Ahh, you were at my side, all along. "

39ba8b59555bc9a5f101e10ec4bd17996aa11709_hq.gif

"My true mentor. My guiding moonlight."

10/10

Phase two is one the most memorable moments for me this gen.

1475963782276.gif

"Ahh, you were at my side, all along. "

39ba8b59555bc9a5f101e10ec4bd17996aa11709_hq.gif

"My true mentor. My guiding moonlight."

10/10

Phase two is one the most memorable moments for me this gen.
The first time he went to the 2nd phase terrified me because it took me hours to even get him that low and that cutscene only made me feel even worse. :lol:
my favorite moment from this game was meeting maria for the first time. Her fight was so intense.

The Old Hunters is an excellent expansion.

The Research Hall, man. Disturbing.

I could see Sony pushing the ps5 back to spring 2021.

The only way this happens is if Microsoft pushes back Xbox Series X to 2021. Otherwise they would be making the same mistake they made during the Xbox 360-PS3 battle: Give Microsoft a head start, then spend a bunch of time catching up to them. They wouldn't fall behind as much as they did during that generation, but they would still have to catch up.

I was a 360 owner during that generation, and a PS4 owner during this one. And I would definitely consider switching back and getting the Series X if it was readily available in November 2020, but I knew I had to wait 6 more months or so for a PS5.

The start is EXTREMELY important. Sony messed it up during the PS3 launch and had to pay for it. Microsoft messed it up during the Xbox One launch and had to pay for it. And whoever messes it up this time will have to pay for it as well.

Good Observation about the start being important.

I know Sony does not want to give Xbox the opportunity to "$299" them and are really holding out on pricing the system until Xbox drops one, but we all know that Microsoft has money to lose. I think Xbox might be waiting on them to make a move on pricing and forcing their hand. I could easily see XB taking a hit up front to undercut Sony.

Something tells me Xbox has been working on this since early in the Xbox One life cycle an are prepared to come out swinging.

Buncha masochists...
Nah I'm good, lol.

A man of culture I see.
And try Last Blade 1 n 2, and Rage of the Dragons.

i picked up last blade 2 in a sale a while back super dope

got sam sho v and vi this time and a bunch of fatal fury/kof games/compilations

i recently set up emulation on my firestick and everything (psx, n64, genesis, snes etc.) works perfectly except most dreamcast games run hella slow (power stone 2 and mvc 2 work perfectly tho :pimp:) and i could not get any neo geo/arcade stuff to run at all so this sale was a nice consolation prize

i picked up last blade 2 in a sale a while back super dope

got sam sho v and vi this time and a bunch of fatal fury/kof games/compilations

i recently set up emulation on my firestick and everything (psx, n64, genesis, snes etc.) works perfectly except most dreamcast games run hella slow (power stone 2 and mvc 2 work perfectly tho :pimp:) and i could not get any neo geo/arcade stuff to run at all so this sale was a nice consolation prize
King of Fighters 98 / Garou: MOTW are my personal favs. And solid setup, my guy.
Hardly hear much praise for arcades, let alone SNK.
Got my hands on Jojo's Bizarre Adventures : All Star Battle.
Don't laugh. Just watch....
Gameplay:

Lol I'd call it lil wacky, but that's relatively subdued for Jojo's BA. It's on Ps3, so definitely Ps4.

King of Fighters 98 / Garou: MOTW are my personal favs. And solid setup, my guy.
Hardly hear much praise for arcades, let alone SNK.
Got my hands on Jojo's Bizarre Adventures : All Star Battle.
Don't laugh. Just watch....
Gameplay:

Lol I'd call it lil wacky, but that's relatively subdued for Jojo's BA. It's on Ps3, so definitely Ps4.

thanks man

yeah im an 80s baby so seeing snk games in the arcade growing up (as well as sf ii and all the other great capcom fighting/beat em up/hack n slash games) set my imagination on fire tbh and really set the tone for a lot of the games i like

also the neo geo had mystique to it b/c that **** cost like 600 for the system and i think the games were 250-300 a pop so nobody had one

ive never seen the show but ill grab that jojos when its on sale i played the one on dreamcast way way back

i love fighting games that are bizarre /wacky which reminds me i also need to grab blaz blue cross tag next time its on sale :lol:

one of the characters is a tank

like an actual tank

smatrickewing718 smatrickewing718
Man, i knew you had to be an 80s dude.
Some of my best times growing up.
Not much to go around but arcades was that outlet without winding in much trouble. Quarters might as well have been solid Gold, as that's how they looked to a kids eyes. Moms used to whoop my behind when a quarter go missing, so the fam was hip with it. They'd grab some and I'd take the fall. Always!
Lmao i could go on all day bruh! :lol:

Seeing that Dreams video made me think: could somebody potentially use the game to make a Fight Night? Tenchu? Def Jam? That would be dope

Seeing that Dreams video made me think: could somebody potentially use the game to make a Fight Night? Tenchu? Def Jam? That would be dope

I think a new Def Jam game is coming. They were hosting a poll a year or 2 ago for which city people would want it based in.

I think a new Def Jam game is coming. They were hosting a poll a year or 2 ago for which city people would want it based in.
Man I’m not sure there are enough current rappers today that I’d even want to play with in a video game. If they could add the rosters from Vendetta and FFNY then I’d be interested.

Anyone still have those earbud mics that came with the launch PS4's?

Looked in my PS4 box and completely forgot about those :lol:
Send em my way? I prefer those tbh. My girls mom was clowning me for looking like a nerd with the over head/ear headphones with foam mic

Anyone still have those earbud mics that came with the launch PS4's?

Looked in my PS4 box and completely forgot about those :lol:

yep, still use it faithfully, nvr bought no dam gold or plat headset these work fine

also i believe apple headphones work for these also, the old ones of course

US prices of PlayStation consoles at launch, inflation-adjusted:
1995: PlayStation - $511.07 ($299.99)
2000: PlayStation 2 - $452.21 ($299.99)
2006: PlayStation 3 - $779.23 ($599.99)
2013: PlayStation 4 - $451.15 ($399.99)

$499.99 is very reasonable.

Wasn't the PS3 only priced so high on RD because they were the backwards compatible ones that could play all discs from PS2/1?

Wasn't the PS3 only priced so high on RD because they were the backwards compatible ones that could play all discs from PS2/1?

Absolutely. Well...PS2's emotion engine is the real reason, because the later PS3's are still PS1 Backwards compatible.

Back
Top Bottom