The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Over all these years, I wouldn't be surprised if actual victims was over 100.

I have no doubt in my mind that Sandusky was sexually abused as a child at that boys home his parents moved into.

These kids didn't deserve this and ppl had a chance to stop it, and didn't.
frown.gif

I can't keep reading this *@+%, it puts me in such a bad space mentally.
Yup.
If Sandusky was subjected to the same things, I feel sorry that he had to go through it and it sheds a light on what may have caused him to do so. It by no means condones it tho or takes away the way I feel about him or what shuld happen to him.

Link to info on Sandusky's childhood? Only background info I found is on Wikipedia.

I wouldn't doubt victims being a lot higher than 20.  He was only suspected since 1994, he started his "charity" foundation in 1977.   You don't just turn 50 and start doing stuff like this.  I wouldn't be surprised if he started the foundation just to get closer to potential victims.  Makes me wonder if he did anything to his adopted kids.  He is definitely a career predator. 

Joe Pa spoke to the students on his lawn, he thanked them for all their support, said to pray for the victims families.

His son came out of the house briefly before Joe Pa came out, who came out of his house twice to thank the students, and Scott was asked by the police if he wanted the students off his lawn, and he said no because he wanted his parents to see the support they have

Even though I believe Paterno deserves some blame, I feel like he needs to explain. There HAS to be more to the situation. And his presser will reveal anything. I might make my way to Paterno's house tonight if I can find a way to get there.

In the mean time, I found this very interesting. I watched as this guy did this:

http://www.collegian.psu....outside_of_old_main.aspx

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Originally Posted by fearthenut

nestasprotege, care to answer?
I know why I support and defend Joe Paterno. I believe in not jumping to conclusions and the court of law. I believe in waiting for all the facts to be revealed before throwing a man to the wolves. I don't know Sandusky from Adam, but I have seen Joe Paterno speak in public and read of his charity. This is not a person who would allow a scandal of this magnitude to be swept under the rug if he knew all of the facts.

Matt Millen had me choked up watching him break down. This is an unfortunate situation that has created harm beyond repair. Ultimately, McQueary chose his career over going to the police with an eye witness report of sexual abuse. I place most of the blame on him and the rest on the AD.
Its not a question about legality. The law has already stated that Joe did the correct thing. 
The problem lies in what his morality told him to do. People can talk about how you have heard so and so speak and read about what they do and then draw conclusions on how they are as a man. 

His actions have spoken louder than his words.

I am sure he does feel guilty about what happened and wants to air it out. 

It doesn't matter. The damage has already been done.

Joe wants to tell everybody with a mic how bad he feels... how about he contacts the victims and tells them how sorry he is. They are the only ones that deserve that. Not the media. Not the fans. Not the public. Not me or you. 

Originally Posted by fearthenut

nestasprotege, care to answer?
I know why I support and defend Joe Paterno. I believe in not jumping to conclusions and the court of law. I believe in waiting for all the facts to be revealed before throwing a man to the wolves. I don't know Sandusky from Adam, but I have seen Joe Paterno speak in public and read of his charity. This is not a person who would allow a scandal of this magnitude to be swept under the rug if he knew all of the facts.

Matt Millen had me choked up watching him break down. This is an unfortunate situation that has created harm beyond repair. Ultimately, McQueary chose his career over going to the police with an eye witness report of sexual abuse. I place most of the blame on him and the rest on the AD.
Its not a question about legality. The law has already stated that Joe did the correct thing. 
The problem lies in what his morality told him to do. People can talk about how you have heard so and so speak and read about what they do and then draw conclusions on how they are as a man. 

Joe wants to tell everybody with a mic how bad he feels... how about he contacts the victims and tells them how sorry he is. They are the only ones that deserve that. Not the media. Not the fans. Not the public. Not me or you. 
But my question is, how does a man like Paterno live with himself knowing that he would see Sandusky on a daily basis even after learning some of the details of his interactions w. children?  That's INEXPLICABLE!!!  How the @@@@ does that happen. 

He can tell the victims how sorry he is over and over...doesn't excuse the FACT that he allowed Sandusky to continue to be around the Penn State campus. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

But my question is, how does a man like Paterno live with himself knowing that he would see Sandusky on a daily basis even after learning some of the details of his interactions w. children?  That's INEXPLICABLE!!!  How the @@@@ does that happen. 

He can tell the victims how sorry he is over and over...doesn't excuse the FACT that he allowed Sandusky to continue to be around the Penn State campus. 

Hell if I know. Thats I think it is laughable that people can sit here and say they feel bad for Joe or that they support him.... Why??? Because he coaches at your school??? Because he brought national championships to your team????
I agree with you. My feeling is, EVERYBODY involved should be embarssed and they will have their day of reckoning. 

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

A rally, really!?
30t6p3b.gif

relax; that is a few hundred students out of 45,000 up there and you can just discredit EVERYTHING Joe Paterno has done for millions of people.  Anyone who ever graduated from Penn State owes a little piece of their success to Joe Paterno.  I agree that he should resign but leave the self righteous attitude toward the man until all the facts are presented; it is already too late to selvage his great career.

I don't give a crap who owes what to Paterno, to rally like that in this situation is pretty disturbing.

They should all be ashamed

Just listening to Penn State alum who hosts a show on 97 In philly, he claims that Alums are organizing a Walk out of Beaver Stadium at the Game on Saturday.
He also said the PSU Board will meet Friday and its likely Joe will not coach Saturday.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

A rally, really!?
30t6p3b.gif

relax; that is a few hundred students out of 45,000 up there and you can just discredit EVERYTHING Joe Paterno has done for millions of people.  Anyone who ever graduated from Penn State owes a little piece of their success to Joe Paterno.  I agree that he should resign but leave the self righteous attitude toward the man until all the facts are presented; it is already too late to selvage his great career.
i'm not trying to be a jerk about the situation, but i need an explanation.

i understand he's an icon on the campus, but if you didn't play for him, what success do you owe him?
isn't this one of the small reasons that messed up stuff like this gets swept under the blanket? again, please correct me if i'm wrong

Paterno shouldnt be scrutinized like he is

Could he have done more? Yea so could the 100s of people who are now coming out saying there were rumors about this for years. Where were they?

Its easy to play couch saint and say what you would have done.

You're asking a man who had already reported what he knew to his AD to go straight to the police? based on rumors/allegations and possibly bring down his institution, his legacy, his job especially when your close friend is the accused.

He could have done more he could have investigated more but thats a hell of a lot to ask a head coach with a million things on his plate.

Maybe Im just being too realistic

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He can't. Which is why I don't believe Joe Paterno knew the extent or even the slightest bit of detail about the full investigation.

Originally Posted by cartune

Paterno shouldnt be scrutinized like he is

Could he have done more? Yea so could the 100s of people who are now coming out saying there were rumors about this for years. Where were they?

Its easy to play couch saint and say what you would have done.

You're asking a man who had already reported what he knew to his AD to go straight to the police? based on rumors/allegations and possibly bring down his institution, his legacy, his job especially when your close friend is the accused.

He could have done more he could have investigated more but thats a hell of a lot to ask a head coach with a million things on his plate.

Maybe Im just being too realistic
100's of other people?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

JoePa is getting the scrutiny because of his status, obviously. It comes with the territory. He deserves a lot of blame but the initial witness deserves more. All involved should not be defended in any way, shape or form.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Just listening to Penn State alum who hosts a show on 97 In philly, he claims that Alums are organizing a Walk out of Beaver Stadium at the Game on Saturday.
He also said the PSU Board will meet Friday and its likely Joe will not coach Saturday.
Mikey Miss?
I'm hearing rumors students plan to wear all black to the games; I am glad I did not buy tickets to this mess...I don't even want to go anymore it's almost like I'd rather just stay away for years until Happy Valley becomes Happy Valley again.  

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i'm not trying to be a jerk about the situation, but i need an explanation.

i understand he's an icon on the campus, but if you didn't play for him, what success do you owe him?
isn't this one of the small reasons that messed up stuff like this gets swept under the blanket? again, please correct me if i'm wrong
It doesn't take a half sized brain to realize how much money Joe Paterno has generated for Penn State. That school is what it is today because of Joe Paterno. The simple fact that he was one of the first coaches to genuinely care about athletes grades and take pride in their success speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom