The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

What more could there be? Or is it confirming what we think we already know?
30t6p3b.gif
Holy *$%+ this is bad.

My guess is that the child "pimping" rumor, isn't a rumor....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

has this been posted?

In April, Pittsburgh radio host Mark Madden wrote a story revealing Penn State for much of the cover-up of Jerry Sandusky's alleged child rape that has been exposed in the past week. While it didn't raise many eyebrows back then, six months later it looks to be incredibly accurate.
On Thursday morning, just hours after legendary head coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier were fired by the school's board of trustees, Madden was asked on WEEI's The Dennis and Callahan Show what he believes the next piece of news will be.

What he said was twice as shocking as anything that's been released thus far.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden told John Dennis and Gerry Callahan. "I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That was being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."

After the news spread, Madden later explained via Twitter why he went public with the rumors.

"I normally abhor giving RUMORS credence," Madden wrote. "But whole Sandusky scandal started out as a RUMOR. It gets deeper and more disgusting all the time. One of state's top columnists investigating. That adds credence. I am NOT rumor's original source. [Why does] Sandusky deserve benefit of doubt?"

Madden also spoke more definitively on Dennis and Callahan to the cover-up efforts at the school and beyond that he expects will be made public soon.

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

"My opinion is when Sandusky quit, everybody knew -- not just at Penn State," Madden added. "I think it was a very poorly kept secret about college football in general, and that is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55. [That's] young for a coach, certainly."
http://www.nesn.com/2011/...rs-says-mark-madden.html

i heard this on mike francesa.  disgusting if true.
i have a feeling that we have not seen anything yet and wouldn't be shoocked if sandusky speaks and reveals that there are other coaches who have done things to boys.

thats crap if thats the case then why doesnt joe pa still have his job? they still playing cover-up at psu the same reason they are in this whole mess. the cats out the bag already why not let it all out? everyone involved has gotta go not just the guy ESPN wont shut up about.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

For those of you questioning why McQueary hasn't been fired yet...here are two possible reasons as to why he's still employed:

There are a few possible explanations for why McQueary remains employed. As the Penn State football employee who was the most forthcoming to the grand jury, he could present a different kind of PR nightmare for the university if fired. If McQueary got canned and decided to spill his guts to the media, who knows what revelations might pour forth? An already nasty situation could get even nastier.

The other possibility is that McQueary's job is protected by Pennsylvania's Whistleblower Law, which prohibits public employees from having their jobs threatened following a "good-faith report" of wrongdoing. McQueary did go to his supervisor, after all. Asked if the Whistleblower Law was the reason for McQueary's continued employment, Penn State spokesman Jeff Nelson said "I honestly can't answer that question."

Meanwhile, Curley's continued employment can only be explained by a fear of a lawsuit from a man who might say he was fired for being accused of a crime. It was Curley who told the grand jury McQueary told him that he saw Sandusky "horsing around" with the boy. According to the presentment, McQueary told the grand jury that he told Curley he had seen what he believed to be anal sex. The grand jury believed McQueary.

Link

@SPORTSbyBROOKS
SPORTSbyBROOKS
I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
Nov 10 via TweetDeckFavoriteRetweetReply

30t6p3b.gif

That's nonsense. If that's the case Joe Pa did the same thing. He went to his superiors to report the incident. 
I'm upset that they fired Paterno but let McQueary keep his job though he was the one who witnessed it and did nothing but run and become distraught. The other is that 2 ppl got fired while others who were involved in the 1998 cover up were not. 

People are questionin Joe Pa's ethical obligations to report what he was told to the police but what about McQueary?

I guess it is asking too much of red head to step down if he couldn't even properly or morally report a child being raped.
30t6p3b.gif

The University is right in not wanting him at the stadium though. That place will be in an uproar regardless.

Just hearing more information on it. This dude SAW what was going on and did nothing but go home and call his father
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
GTFOHWTBS

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

has this been posted?

In April, Pittsburgh radio host Mark Madden wrote a story revealing Penn State for much of the cover-up of Jerry Sandusky's alleged child rape that has been exposed in the past week. While it didn't raise many eyebrows back then, six months later it looks to be incredibly accurate.
On Thursday morning, just hours after legendary head coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier were fired by the school's board of trustees, Madden was asked on WEEI's The Dennis and Callahan Show what he believes the next piece of news will be.

What he said was twice as shocking as anything that's been released thus far.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden told John Dennis and Gerry Callahan. "I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That was being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."

After the news spread, Madden later explained via Twitter why he went public with the rumors.

"I normally abhor giving RUMORS credence," Madden wrote. "But whole Sandusky scandal started out as a RUMOR. It gets deeper and more disgusting all the time. One of state's top columnists investigating. That adds credence. I am NOT rumor's original source. [Why does] Sandusky deserve benefit of doubt?"

Madden also spoke more definitively on Dennis and Callahan to the cover-up efforts at the school and beyond that he expects will be made public soon.

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

"My opinion is when Sandusky quit, everybody knew -- not just at Penn State," Madden added. "I think it was a very poorly kept secret about college football in general, and that is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55. [That's] young for a coach, certainly."
http://www.nesn.com/2011/...rs-says-mark-madden.html

i heard this on mike francesa.  disgusting if true.
i have a feeling that we have not seen anything yet and wouldn't be shoocked if sandusky speaks and reveals that there are other coaches who have done things to boys.
this is getting worst by the day
30t6p3b.gif

again.. ANYONE with knowledge of what went down and played along with the coverup has to go

this isn't a player taking steroids of their own volition and the coaches turning a blind eye

this isn't a player taking money, cars or something else from any agent or booster and the coaches turning a blind eye

this isn't a player cheating in school and coaches turning a blind eye

those things i can understand someone being the 'fall guy' and people 'playing' ignorant.. but not this, EVERYONE has to go

i agree with what someone said above, the players shouldn't have to suffer for the pieces of garbage that went along with this crap (hence why i dont think games should be forfeited or not played UNLESS the players decide it out of protest)..

some of the players could hurt their draft stock and thus their future by not having a chance to showcase themselves to NFL teams because of something that they had absolutely no knowledge of and had nothing to do with

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

OMG....(I know, why am I posting in this thread then?) BUT...
Anyone else just tired of hearing about this every 5 seconds on ESPN? It's ridiculous. Leave it to ESPN to sensationalize a story and milk the hell out of it. We get it, lots of Penn State higher ups knew what was going on, people are upset that Joe Paterno is being scapegoated. He's old, he's Penn state "football" (whatever that means, last national championship? 86). 

I want my ESPN back, not this Paternothon. Give it a rest already.

Man I got tired of hearing about AI kicking in the door, Brett Favre's off and on retirement, the Heatles, and all the other stories that were nearly not as bad as this @@%%. Come on...when a real story hits that needs to be covered I can appreciate the coverage because this is probably one of the sickest things I've heard in sports ever. There is no way you can gloss over this. No pun intended. On top of it all people knew about the events but nothing was done about it.
sick.gif

This my fellow NTers is only the tip of the ice berg. You will most likely have more victims come forward (that monster was coaching there from 1969 to 2002, his charity was founded in 1977). The criminal cases that will be coming from the grand jury that just convened haven't even started and then there will be tons of civil suits. This will most likely drag on for at least a minimum of 5-7 years...There's also no telling what the federal government will do & what the ncaa will do either but you have to think they need to make an example of psu...

i read on twitter there is a 4th indictment and it's not Joe......McQueary? Spanier?
imo, it has to be Spanier. Everyone at State knows he has been lying.

There's a missing link to all this. Why would someone who has been investigated before given so much access? What makes him such an exception that the staff are willing to put their jobs and reputation on the line?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

What more could there be? Or is it confirming what we think we already know?
30t6p3b.gif
Holy *$%+ this is bad.

My guess is that the child "pimping" rumor, isn't a rumor....
frown.gif

This was posted last night though, before the child pimping rumor was a out, so it could simply be referring to that. I don't think allegations necessarily has to mean charges will be brought, only claims made against.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

There's a missing link to all this. Why would someone who has been investigated before given so much access? What makes him such an exception that the staff are willing to put their jobs and reputation on the line?
my guess is sandusky had something over a high ranking figure in penn state.
i mean, the guy was on campus last week watching the players practice.

[h1]Fired Joe Paterno hires high-powered Washington defense lawyer J. Sedgwick Sollers [/h1]

Link

So, with the knowledge that Paterno has pretty much been cleared of all legal wrongdoings to this point.....

My initial reaction that Paterno has more of a part in this cover up than we know at this time.  Could get even more interesting.....

Originally Posted by dland24

[h1]Fired Joe Paterno hires high-powered Washington defense lawyer J. Sedgwick Sollers [/h1]

Link
So, with the knowledge that Paterno has pretty much been cleared of all legal wrongdoings to this point.....

My initial reaction that Paterno has more of a part in this cover up than we know at this time.  Could get even more interesting.....

I gotta agree w. you.....and did you read the bio of the lawyer he hired? 

J. Sedgwick Sollers, who once represented President George H.W. Bush in the Iran-Contra affair, was hired by Paterno on Thursday to represent the embattled coaching legend in the case against Jerry Sandusky, who faces 40 counts of sexual abuse of at least eight boys.

Can't imagine what the hell Sandusky is going to say....

My initial reaction that Paterno has more of a part in this cover up than we know at this time. Could get even more interesting.....

Absolutely. I firmly believe we've just scratched the surface. Joe Pa is not the man who most believe he is. He got that lawyer for a reason. No doubt in my mind.

grin.gif
i think it's more of him protecting himself from civil lawsuits and gathering what he can and cant say

scott paterno hasn't done #@!! to help his dad.

^ You may be right, but I refuse to believe the face of Penn State didn't know more about the situation.

Their were rumors floating around about Sandusky's "activities" since the early 90s. Joe didn't hear any of these?

Sandsuky has a foundation setup where he's abusing children over the course of a decade, but Joe didn't know?

And now he might've pimped these poor kids to Rich PSU donors, but Joe didn't know?

Joe told the AD what McCleary told him. You think that's all he heard since he forwarded that info? I refuse to believe it.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by Zach13g

posted?

292r1pz.jpg
A PSU poster on Rivals said that one of the boys in the video was one of the victims from the Grand Jury investigation. 
Take it FWIW

yea one of the victims is in this photo... if you read the grand jury report if even referenced it

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by Zach13g

posted?

292r1pz.jpg
A PSU poster on Rivals said that one of the boys in the video was one of the victims from the Grand Jury investigation. 
Take it FWIW

yea one of the victims is in this photo... if you read the grand jury report if even referenced it

Where did it reference it?

Back
Top Bottom