The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Wow...
laugh.gif

lol @ nexted

30t6p3b

I think we have heard the tip of the iceberg of this story, much more to be told and wouldnt be surprised if Sandusky offed himself before his trial next month.

Sad story, goes to show that people we see in the media painted as saints arent who we think they are.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol homie got nexted

.....Again.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh !+!# just notice that was the dude who was on that show that got nexted in record time huh? 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Dude was reaching hard for jokes too. 

Anyways, I thought this was useful:

tumblr_lujzfr36tJ1qzuwb2o1_500.jpg

This one is mind-blowing... 
eek.gif

0bEXG.jpg

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by likethematrix

now really... how do we know this is rape?
maybe the kid was gay and wanted to get his booty busted in the shower.
anyone ever think of that? hmmmmm?

Reported.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

A damn shame.  This young dude is telling it how it is, and all the crowd cares about is that he's wearing a Tony Dorsett Jersey

30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

crazy. funny though how dudes who try and preach always have the same damn bag on. never fails.

and that's wild if he is really cousins with TD.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so wait a janitor also walked in the shower and seen dude with another boy and didnt report anything?

Correct.  He is now in a nursing home and has dementia. 
That dude lost it. He had PTS from Nam I believe and said that this would be the image that will stay in his head forever. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

Its JUST a school. Four walls with books on the inside.

I agreed with until I saw this. You can't downplay what people mean to a school. Community is a deeply underrated concept. The connections, the bonds, and the good people you meet have lasting impacts on your life. Like any institution worth a damn, the people is what make it. I'm sure in Penn State's situation, the good definitely outweigh the bad. That's just the nature of those institutions.
EXACTLY, when you glorify people and treat them as if they don't put on their pants one leg at a time, you allow money and reputation to supersede minority children getting raped for over a decade, because of that delusion that you are somehow a "family"

If little Jimmy was getting molested this wouldn't have been under raps for 10 + years, and we need to get off this notion that this was privvy to only a handful of people, if more than one person knows a secret it is no longer a secret, men talk just as much as women and PLENTY of people knew this was happening and CHOSE to sweep it under the rug because God forbid we disrupt the donations...............................

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — In the middle of Curtin Road, John Matko held one handwritten sign in his right hand and rested another against his jeans. Two inches of black tape obscured Penn State's logo on the 34-year-old father's hat, as he tried to ignore the jeers, slaps and beer hurled at him.
"Put abused kids first," one of Matko's signs read. "Don't be fooled, they all knew. Tom Bradley, everyone must go."
Penn State's Beaver Stadium loomed 30 yards away, rumbling with the first roars of Saturday's game with Nebraska. The sea of blue-clad supporters wearing gray fedoras and camouflage hunting jackets and "This is JoePa's house" T-shirts parted around Matko.
"That is such [expletive]!" one young woman screamed at him after glancing at the signs. "Who the [expletive] do you think you are?"
Eyes hidden by blue aviator sunglasses, Matko didn't respond.
The night before, thousands of students held candles and sang Coldplay's "Fix You" a capella in front of Old Main to support victims of sexual abuse. They wanted to show a different side to Penn State than the 40 charges of child sexual abuse against ex-football assistant Jerry Sandusky or the riots late Wednesday after the university fired iconic coach Joe Paterno for his role in the cover-up.
Under Saturday's cloudless sky, Curtin Street revealed something else.
A beer showered Matko. One man slapped his stomach. Another called him a "[expletive]."
"I understand the culture," said Matko, who graduated from Penn State in 2000 with a degree in nutrition. "I was part of it. It doesn't surprise me what I'm getting from them."
Matko drove three hours from his home in Pittsburgh on Saturday morning. He was tired of reading about what university officials didn't do in the wake of Sandusky's charges. The father of a 4-year-old boy, he couldn't stop thinking about the 23 pages of horror in the grand jury's indictment of Sandusky. Right or wrong, he thought, I've got to do something.
A gust of wind picked up rust-colored leaves, dozens of discarded bookmarks and pamphlets about child sexual abuse and crushed blue cups.
Two-middle aged women wearing "Shuck the Husks" buttons on their blue fleece jackets dispensed the bookmarks nearby. Their sign read: "Penn State pride is about more than football." They wanted to do something, anything to help.
"This is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about," one woman said.
Down the street and to the left, hundreds supporters pressed around the statue of Paterno leading his team from the tunnel. Three bouquets of white roses sat beneath it. Pictures snapped and right index fingers thrust in the air in copies of Paterno's pose.
"We need to rebuild the university," said one man, who leaned against the stone wall with a solemn look. Like many others Saturday, he refused to give his name.
Matko's vigil continued. "The kids are what this day is about, not who wins or loses," the sign resting against his jeans read. "Or who lost their job and why. Honor the abused kids by cancelling the game and the season now."
A passer-by kicked it.
"You're going to get your [expletive] kicked, man," a man bellowed.
"That's [expletive], guy," another said.
Abuse flew at Matko from young and old, students and alumni, men and women. No one intervened. No one spoke out against the abuse. Over the course of an hour, a lone man stopped, read the sign and said, "I agree." Those two words were swallowed by the profanity and threats by dozens of others during the hour.
"The world is here. The world wasn't at the vigil," Matko said. "I still can't believe this game is being played. People are telling me the game is going to generate revenue for the kids. That's the point. We can't separate revenue, money from football. That's part of the reason why we're in this mess.
"I feel so betrayed. ... I can't believe the guys covered it up. It's disturbing and it's not over."
Matko didn't preach at passers-by. The signs said enough, two voices in a wilderness of blue.
"What a [expletive] idiot, man," shouted one fan. "Get out of here."
A woman, clad in blue like the rest, launched a finger-wagging, tirade inches from Matko's face. Two men led her away.
A burly man wearing a "JoePa" T-shirt strode up, wrestled away the sign urging abused kids be put first from Matko's right hand and slammed it to the ground.
After reading the signs, another woman glowered at Matko.
"This is in bad taste," she said.
One bystander wondered how long until Matko was punched.
From the stadium, the roar of "We are Penn State" washed down the street. Three men with white shirts and ties and rolled-up khakis in Paterno's style hurried past. The sweet smell of kettle korn and smoke from barbecue up the street drifted past two women as they split a 40-ounce bottle of Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor.
Each time Matko's signs were knocked away, he adjusted his black backpack, retrieved the signs an
d stood his ground.
"Not now, man," one student said, shaking his head. "This is about the football players."

from Washington Times by Nathan Fenno

Originally Posted by grusumm18

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — In the middle of Curtin Road, John Matko held one handwritten sign in his right hand and rested another against his jeans. Two inches of black tape obscured Penn State's logo on the 34-year-old father's hat, as he tried to ignore the jeers, slaps and beer hurled at him.
"Put abused kids first," one of Matko's signs read. "Don't be fooled, they all knew. Tom Bradley, everyone must go."
Penn State's Beaver Stadium loomed 30 yards away, rumbling with the first roars of Saturday's game with Nebraska. The sea of blue-clad supporters wearing gray fedoras and camouflage hunting jackets and "This is JoePa's house" T-shirts parted around Matko.
"That is such [expletive]!" one young woman screamed at him after glancing at the signs. "Who the [expletive] do you think you are?"
Eyes hidden by blue aviator sunglasses, Matko didn't respond.
The night before, thousands of students held candles and sang Coldplay's "Fix You" a capella in front of Old Main to support victims of sexual abuse. They wanted to show a different side to Penn State than the 40 charges of child sexual abuse against ex-football assistant Jerry Sandusky or the riots late Wednesday after the university fired iconic coach Joe Paterno for his role in the cover-up.
Under Saturday's cloudless sky, Curtin Street revealed something else.
A beer showered Matko. One man slapped his stomach. Another called him a "[expletive]."
"I understand the culture," said Matko, who graduated from Penn State in 2000 with a degree in nutrition. "I was part of it. It doesn't surprise me what I'm getting from them."
Matko drove three hours from his home in Pittsburgh on Saturday morning. He was tired of reading about what university officials didn't do in the wake of Sandusky's charges. The father of a 4-year-old boy, he couldn't stop thinking about the 23 pages of horror in the grand jury's indictment of Sandusky. Right or wrong, he thought, I've got to do something.
A gust of wind picked up rust-colored leaves, dozens of discarded bookmarks and pamphlets about child sexual abuse and crushed blue cups.
Two-middle aged women wearing "Shuck the Husks" buttons on their blue fleece jackets dispensed the bookmarks nearby. Their sign read: "Penn State pride is about more than football." They wanted to do something, anything to help.
"This is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about," one woman said.
Down the street and to the left, hundreds supporters pressed around the statue of Paterno leading his team from the tunnel. Three bouquets of white roses sat beneath it. Pictures snapped and right index fingers thrust in the air in copies of Paterno's pose.
"We need to rebuild the university," said one man, who leaned against the stone wall with a solemn look. Like many others Saturday, he refused to give his name.
Matko's vigil continued. "The kids are what this day is about, not who wins or loses," the sign resting against his jeans read. "Or who lost their job and why. Honor the abused kids by cancelling the game and the season now."
A passer-by kicked it.
"You're going to get your [expletive] kicked, man," a man bellowed.
"That's [expletive], guy," another said.
Abuse flew at Matko from young and old, students and alumni, men and women. No one intervened. No one spoke out against the abuse. Over the course of an hour, a lone man stopped, read the sign and said, "I agree." Those two words were swallowed by the profanity and threats by dozens of others during the hour.
"The world is here. The world wasn't at the vigil," Matko said. "I still can't believe this game is being played. People are telling me the game is going to generate revenue for the kids. That's the point. We can't separate revenue, money from football. That's part of the reason why we're in this mess.
"I feel so betrayed. ... I can't believe the guys covered it up. It's disturbing and it's not over."
Matko didn't preach at passers-by. The signs said enough, two voices in a wilderness of blue.
"What a [expletive] idiot, man," shouted one fan. "Get out of here."
A woman, clad in blue like the rest, launched a finger-wagging, tirade inches from Matko's face. Two men led her away.
A burly man wearing a "JoePa" T-shirt strode up, wrestled away the sign urging abused kids be put first from Matko's right hand and slammed it to the ground.
After reading the signs, another woman glowered at Matko.
"This is in bad taste," she said.
One bystander wondered how long until Matko was punched.
From the stadium, the roar of "We are Penn State" washed down the street. Three men with white shirts and ties and rolled-up khakis in Paterno's style hurried past. The sweet smell of kettle korn and smoke from barbecue up the street drifted past two women as they split a 40-ounce bottle of Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor.
Each time Matko's signs were knocked away, he adjusted his black backpack, retrieved the signs an
d stood his ground.
"Not now, man," one student said, shaking his head. "This is about the football players."

from Washington Times by Nathan Fenno
wow @+@%#%$ disgusting smh

Where are those Penn State NTers now?
Go get your people, homie. 

I know well enough to not judge the few as the many but come on man...there are only TWO sides to this. 

You either support Joe Paterno and his cover-up of child abuse. Or you do not.

THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

These are the signs of a cult based on an almost religious like setting. Its the same as the atheistic regimes of Marxist Russia and Communist China and North Korea. Religion itself doesn't matter, its the manner of control of popular opinion that matters.  

REVERING PEOPLE BY DEIFYING THEM MAKES IT RELIGIOUS. 

Get mad if you want to but there is no other definition for this other than a cult. 

Penn State Joe Paterno fans belong to a cult. 

Period.

Someone please tell me that Washington Times article is a fabrication...Please? That's gotta be some outright lie the writer wrote...

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

That was pretty sad to read, ppl still don't get it

But there's no way that story can be real can it? As a human being, I want to believe that story isn't true...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

That was pretty sad to read, ppl still don't get it

But there's no way that story can be real can it? As a human being, I want to believe that story isn't true...

I should rephrase that these people don't get it because they do, they just choose not to care. Which is even worse

"This is in bad taste" that quote made me cringe 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Where are those Penn State NTers now?
Go get your people, homie. 

I know well enough to not judge the few as the many but come on man...there are only TWO sides to this. 

You either support Joe Paterno and his cover-up of child abuse. Or you do not.

THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

These are the signs of a cult based on an almost religious like setting. Its the same as the atheistic regimes of Marxist Russia and Communist China and North Korea. Religion itself doesn't matter, its the manner of control of popular opinion that matters.  

REVERING PEOPLE BY DEIFYING THEM MAKES IT RELIGIOUS. 

Get mad if you want to but there is no other definition for this other than a cult. 

Penn State Joe Paterno fans belong to a cult. 

Period.

it's terrible and inexcusable but shut the hell up with your religion BS; this isn't even about Penn State to you it's about preaching and turning everything to religion

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Bo gets it.
I actually completely agree with him...
BUT the unfortunate reality that college football is no longer about educating students and doing what's right. If it was, there wouldn't be all of these coverups and deceit among head coaches whose jobs are on the line, there wouldn't be rampant cheating, kids who get arrested and get a slap on the wrist, tutors writing papers for students, etc etc.

I know Pelini does mention education but is generally speaking of teaching right from wrong and I completely understand and agree that child sex abuse is WAY more severe of a problem than any NCAA violation, even in a much more isolated situation than this has turned out to be, but we have to be honest here: in the grand scheme of things, college football now has little to nothing to do with teaching these kids but a lot more about who wins and at what cost. 

There are opportunities every week that kids can get taught lessons but depending upon stature (both of the player and the team), those lessons are pretty often missed because of how they could affect the outcome of a game. How many times do you hear of a kid getting suspended for a half of a game or the suspension being held off until the next game against Mid-Southern Wyoming State (or just not at all) after he's gotten arrested for a DUI or assault...or charges that would otherwise get a student kicked out of school getting dropped against a big-time athlete?

The fundamental issues within college football are getting further illustrated these past couple years, of course the Penn State situation is on a whole different level, something nobody could have ever fathomed and everyone is disgusted by, it's just going to be a situation where others schools will think, "I hope that never happens to us, it would ruin our football program."

On a separate note, what about conference realignment? Is that keeping the best interests of these student"-athletes in mind? Teaching them that the almighty dollar rules all. You hear of very few influential figures within these programs speaking out against it (Boeheim is one I've heard). Why? Their wallets will get fatter. That's a whole different tangent though.

Back
Top Bottom