The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

So when I said 'Very few are willing to bring a child's oppressor to justice', you thought I was excluding the gov't?

Oh.

But how?  With all the voice out there now, social media, instant questions getting asked to anyone with a camera, how can they duck it? 

Dorks make mistakes on Youtube, world finds out, word spreads, within 2 days, those people are found, and their lives altered instantly. 

This can't happen with THIS case? 

CP:
23ska909red02:
So when I said 'Very few are willing to bring a child's oppressor to justice', you thought I was excluding the gov't?

Oh.

But how?  With all the voice out there now, social media, instant questions getting asked to anyone with a camera, how can they duck it? 

Dorks make mistakes on Youtube, world finds out, word spreads, within 2 days, those people are found, and their lives altered instantly. 

This can't happen with THIS case?
I care about the issue of child abuse as much as it would seem Method Man cares about racism/prejudice, and I could definitely answer your question of "How?!" with the sort of lenghty replies he has dropped regarding racism/segregation. Thing is, his points are far more organized than mine, and he's far more researched about his passion than I am mine.

I guarantee this: of all the people you have known in your life so far, there are plenty of people who have been abused, whether sexually or physically. But I guarantee you've never known anyone who served time for abusing a child, and there are definitely people who should have.

Among us common folk, there are more people willing to turn a blind eye than there are people willing to blow the whistle. Among the powers that be, there are far more people willing to accept ANY sort of reasoning and then hand down some semblance of a consequence than there are people willing to accept NO excuses and drop the damn HAMMER.

This disgusts me. I wanna go to Pennsylvania and get my Rambo on..... or just Rambo off whoever I find who haven't served time for child abuse.

I am so mad right now
30t6p3b.gif

So they're really going to trial with THAT jury? How is that even possible? Why isn't the prosecution up in arms about the PSU ties on the jury? Unbelievable.

^ The prosecution, a bunch of lawyers in PA, who got their degrees from... where do you suppose?

Protective community is protective.

Move this entire trial to somewhere in the Midwest, some smalltown, even, and then we can "let the guilty hang."

Just because people are associated with Penn State doesn't mean that they won't listen to both sides and do the right thing

Originally Posted by DaG311

Just because people are associated with Penn State doesn't mean that they won't listen to both sides and do the right thing

But when you show up to the courthouse as a juror wearing PSU gear, what does that say? 

agreed. but I don't wanna give anybody the benefit of the doubt in this case.

The most interesting (and very important) part of this case is going to be Mike McQueary on the stand. We all need to pay attention to this man.

It's going to be his choice to go against his school and former colleague/mentor and testify the specific things he witnessed that day.....or instead choose to go vague and dance around the issue and allow Sandusky's team to win out. McQueary knows he's a star witness. And it's going to be interesting to see what route he goes, and better yet....who has gotten to him to coach him on what to say.

Other notes via news sources:

- Judge today disallowed another request to have cases thrown out. All 10 cases will be tried next week.
- Jurors will hear about an allegation made in 1998 that was never prosecuted at the discretion of former and missing district attorney Ray Gricar.
- janitors will testify about what happened one night in 2000, when they were cleaning those same showers and one of them witnessed Sandusky with a young boy.
- Intimate love letters allegedly written from Sandusky to the accuser, known as Victim 4, will be read into testimony. Victim 4, who is expected to be the first witness called to testify against Sandusky, will also show the gifts, including a set of golf clubs, that Sandusky allegedly gave him during their relationship. The letters, which were allegedly written in Sandusky's own handwriting, are expected to corroborate the testimony of the man known as Victim 4. Sources describe the letters as "creepy" and note that one was a story written in the third person.

Having ties to Penn State on the jury would hurt him even more IMO; if I was on that jury I'd go in there with the mindset of hit him as hard as the law will possibly allow 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

But when you show up to the courthouse as a juror wearing PSU gear, what does that say? 
Yea, I'm not buying that "but they'll be unbiased" bull !*!$ that people are spewing.

AYI, you'd be one of the few with that mindset.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea, I'm not buying that "but they'll be unbiased" bull !*!$ that people are spewing.

you do realize that EVERYONE at PSU hates Sandusky especially after the passing of Joe Paterno
you honestly think people will try and let him off lightly? it will be the complete opposite I am shocked no one has tried to kill him yet

Originally Posted by StillIn729

you do realize that EVERYONE at PSU hates Sandusky especially after the passing of Joe Paterno
you honestly think people will try and let him off lightly? it will be the complete opposite I am shocked no one has tried to kill him yet

There were YEARS of having @@@% covered up...I think Sandusky still being alive speaks volumes about his comfort level about how this trial is going to go. 

*Ry, I think there are some very strange circumstance surrounding the disappearance of Ray Gricar. 

Just reading this thread angers me. Such a $***!+ up situation, we can only hope that justice is serve. I'm not even gonna get started again with this stuff.

There were YEARS of having @@@% covered up...I think Sandusky still being alive speaks volumes about his comfort level about how this trial is going to go. 

*Ry, I think there are some very strange circumstance surrounding the disappearance of Ray Gricar. 

years of covering up by a select group of people; 99.9% of Penn State had NO clue about this; I was there from 2003-2007 and there was never a mention of this stuff which means the group who knew kept it air tight.  Stuff gets out when you play whisper down the lane.

it's clear that you associate anyone who ever attended Penn State as a Sandusky cheerleader and group us in a negative light.  If it was up to me Sundusky would stuck in a person for life and whatever happens to him happens (state death is too easy of a sentence for him); this guy has crippled the whole University and is regarded as the reason the most beloved figure in Penn State history is no longer with us and you think Penn Staters will try and let this guy off lightly...c'mon man
Wearing a Penn State shirt makes you a supporter of him?  That's my all I have to say about the situation; Sandusky will get what is coming to him once the victims start recounting their stories because unless you are a molester yourself or have no heart then there is NO way you can let this scumbag off lightly.

years of covering up by a select group of people; 99.9% of Penn State had NO clue about this; I was there from 2003-2007 and there was never a mention of this stuff which means the group who knew kept it air tight.  Stuff gets out when you play whisper down the lane.

it's clear that you associate anyone who ever attended Penn State as a Sandusky cheerleader and group us in a negative light.  If it was up to me Sundusky would stuck in a person for life and whatever happens to him happens (state death is too easy of a sentence for him); this guy has crippled the whole University and is regarded as the reason the most beloved figure in Penn State history is no longer with us and you think Penn Staters will try and let this guy off lightly...c'mon man
Wearing a Penn State shirt makes you a supporter of him?  That's my all I have to say about the situation; Sandusky will get what is coming to him once the victims start recounting their stories because unless you are a molester yourself or have no heart then there is NO way you can let this scumbag off lightly.
1.  Show me where I said that. 

2.  As a potential juror, wearing ANY PSU gear to the courthouse is not a good look.  Showing a blatant conflict of interest.  Of all the clothing these people have, WHY wear that to the Sandusky trial?  Makes no sense to me. 

Again, I strongly feel he thinks he'll get of lightly.  There has to be a reason why he hasn't offed himself. 

Hmm.. so there was a letter supposedly written by Sandusky with the Penn State letter head. We are only now starting to hear about some hard evidence. We'll see if they'll be able to trace it directly to Sandusky.

Back
Top Bottom