The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

One of Sandusky defenses against victims by Amendola today was: 'if Jerry is guilty, why did four grown men (at Penn State) not report him?'
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good luck with that.

I feel so damn bad for these victims.... Hope Sandusky gets to experience some sort of pain that he inflicted on these poor kids.

Unreal...
mad.gif

There could be a child sex ring that went on at Penn State!

Joe Pa could have been a part with these greesy old pervs thats why he passed right when stuff was coming out!
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Feds are waiting to see how this turns out before they press charges, this #!@$ boggles my mind though

I'm guessing the Feds are waiting to see if this can be linked to being part of a pedophile ring. 

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Unreal...
mad.gif

There could be a child sex ring that went on at Penn State!

Joe Pa could have been a part with these greesy old pervs thats why he passed right when stuff was coming out!
indifferent.gif
there is not a child sex ring at Penn State; please stop with this non sense
this is a Jerry Sandusky production with a select few in on a cover up and after today I think it's pretty clear that Sandusky is gonna get what he deserves 

Gotcha.

And people realistically expect that a courtroom riddled w/ PSU ties in the jury and on the prosecutor's team will be a fair, unbiased courtroom?

It's not nonsense at all to assume that there might have been a PSU sex ring. Are you not seeig all these cover ups? Are you ignorant to how many people it takes to cover something like this up? And I don't mean that disrespectfully at all; this isn't something that just a couple people can keep as a dirty secret for a couple decades. Just Jerry and a select few? Considering where your loyalty lies here, I can understand your hope that that's the case, no matter how extremely unlikely it is.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Gotcha.

And people realistically expect that a courtroom riddled w/ PSU ties in the jury and on the prosecutor's team will be a fair, unbiased courtroom?

It's not nonsense at all to assume that there might have been a PSU sex ring. Are you not seeig all these cover ups? Are you ignorant to how many people it takes to cover something like this up? And I don't mean that disrespectfully at all; this isn't something that just a couple people can keep as a dirty secret for a couple decades. Just Jerry and a select few? Considering where your loyalty lies here, I can understand your hope that that's the case, no matter how extremely unlikely it is.
I don't expect a jury full of Penn States to be fair at all;  I personally think they would be extremely unfair to him (in terms of innocent until proven guilty) as to giving him the hardest possible sentencing which he deserves.  He has all but destroyed a place we all loved and now we look back on our time with tainted views.
You really think that there could be a sex ring at Penn State where Sandusky and others pimped out boys?  I find that very hard to believe but I guess anything is possible after this.  

I find it harder to believe that many, many people knew about this cover because it was kept secret so long; the more people know the more likely something is to get out.  State College is a very, very small place full of hundreds of thousands of people during school time.  It seems the majority of people nationally assume anyone who went to Penn State knew about this and was all part of it.  The first real whispers of this didn't happen until March of 2011 which is why I believe it was a select few people who knew about this because if this got out to anyone who could make money off this you know the cover up would be blown.

I am not hoping for anything positive out of this; I am hoping that everyone involved pays the price to the fullest extent and the university can pick up the pieces.  Sandusky receiving any sort of light sentence would only damage the creditability of the university further.  That is just my take on all of this; I really believe that the right thing will be done and Sandusky will get hammered with the verdict.

Damn. Not even sure what to say. Just.....damn.

Those poor kids, man. Poor, poor kids who now are scarred forever.

I definitely respect your opinion and especially what you're hoping will transpire, but I absolutely disagree w/ a couple things.

First off, you're taking the stance "He'll get hammered in a courtroom sprinkled w/ PSUers, because he is the figurehead of something that has severely tarnished our brand." I definitely take the stance "A courtroom sprinkled w/ PSUers will protect him, knowing that their brand has already been tarnished as of RIGHT NOW, and if he's convicted of all these allegations, that will only further tarnish the PSU image."

Secondly, we definitely disagree on what we think the end result will be. I'm fairly certain that you're confident that Jerry, and all other guilty parties, will pay, and pay dearly. I've stated many times in the thread already that that is definitely not going to happen. Of course it's all conjecture, but I doubt anyone guilty serves any time; slaps on the wrist will be handed out in forms of community service, bails, and restrainig orders to stay away from schools and daycares.

Gotcha.

I'm with you on this, Ska. 

Like I said before, I think the coverup goes well beyond what Sandusky was doing.  There were some ridiculously shady things going on around State College.  I just hope that these things come to light and justice is served.  

I also don't believe for one second that Joe Paterno didn't know what was going on at his facilities. 

Amendola is gasping for air with his cross strategy 
eyes.gif

Victim #1 this morning:
The teen, labeled Victim No. 1 by a grand jury, tearfully recounted repeated instances of Sandusky kissing him, fondling him and oral sex, mostly in the basement of Sandusky's State College home during sleepovers.

Now 18, the witness recounted an early encounter that escalated to oral sex.

"I spaced," the alleged victim said. "I didn't know what to do with all the thoughts running through my head, I just kind of blacked out and didn't want it to happen. I froze."

As he choked back tears, the sobbing teen recounted another time Sandusky forced him to perform oral sex, after saying it was his "turn."

More:
The witness Tuesday said he stayed quiet about the abuse, in part because his mother thought Sandusky was a positive influence in his life.

But eventually he asked his mother if there was a website used to track sex offenders. That ultimately led to a meeting with a guidance counselor where he said he'd been abused.
At first, the counselor didn't believe him and questioned the wisdom of going to authorities, the witness said.

"They said we needed to think about it and he has a heart of gold and he wouldn't do something like that. So they didn't believe me," he said.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Gotcha.

I'm with you on this, Ska. 

Like I said before, I think the coverup goes well beyond what Sandusky was doing.  There were some ridiculously shady things going on around State College.  I just hope that these things come to light and justice is served.  

I also don't believe for one second that Joe Paterno didn't know what was going on at his facilities. 

+1

I feel bad for alum of PSU.

Whenever i , and basically everyone else, hears the words 'Penn State' or 'Joe Paterno' this is going to be the first thing that crosses my mind: they Knowingly harbored and employed a child molester and then tried to cover it up. Sad. How could people not have known this guy was a creep? Have you heard/seen dude? He has pedophile written all over him.

We havent even gotten all the details yet!

Hopefully the victims have completely recovered mentally.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Amendola is gasping for air with his cross strategy 
eyes.gif

Victim #1 this morning:
The teen, labeled Victim No. 1 by a grand jury, tearfully recounted repeated instances of Sandusky kissing him, fondling him and oral sex, mostly in the basement of Sandusky's State College home during sleepovers.

Now 18, the witness recounted an early encounter that escalated to oral sex.

"I spaced," the alleged victim said. "I didn't know what to do with all the thoughts running through my head, I just kind of blacked out and didn't want it to happen. I froze."

As he choked back tears, the sobbing teen recounted another time Sandusky forced him to perform oral sex, after saying it was his "turn."

More:
The witness Tuesday said he stayed quiet about the abuse, in part because his mother thought Sandusky was a positive influence in his life.

But eventually he asked his mother if there was a website used to track sex offenders. That ultimately led to a meeting with a guidance counselor where he said he'd been abused.
At first, the counselor didn't believe him and questioned the wisdom of going to authorities, the witness said.

"They said we needed to think about it and he has a heart of gold and he wouldn't do something like that. So they didn't believe me," he said.

tired.gif

frown.gif
 Damn that is so sad, poor kid. I can't imagine how hard it would be to deal with something like that and then to have nobody believe you
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom