The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Someone needs to get out there and read these kids the Grand Jury report on a megaphone...make them feel stupid, they don't even know what they are doing out there

ESPN's reporter in Happy Valley said she can't find a single student out there that supports the BOT's decision to fire JoePa.  
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DaG311

I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GREAT COMPARISON, but if you see a friend or stranger drive drunk and think "oh, they're fine" and wind up killing someone cause you didn't stop them, are you responsible? If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry, but that is kind of how i think about this situation from the point of view of JoePa

Son, that isn't anywhere in the same universe. Just read the Grand Jury report and this whole thread and I don't think there will be anyway you can hold the same opinion.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Those students just like Joe Pa, unfortunately, just don't get it. It's sad, man. This aint about football anymore. 
most of those idiots just want to be a part of the scene going on there. followers

Originally Posted by ehh

ESPN's reporter in Happy Valley said she can't find a single student out there that supports the BOT's decision to fire JoePa.  
tired.gif
the meathead jock culture that exists there right now prohibits anyone from publicly declaring that the board of trustees did the right thing

anyone admitting something like that would end up getting their %@#++ beat, which is incredibly sad and moronic

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Someone needs to get out there and read these kids the Grand Jury report on a megaphone...make them feel stupid, they don't even know what they are doing out there

them students are so dumb i bet they wont even care.... smh
If you aint a football player playing for Joe Paterno why the @+$* would you care if he gets booted???

Some dumb %%% kids you have there.

So you mean to tell me high school senior Sally White wants to go to Penn State because Joe Paterno coaches football there? the f is going on here? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ehh

tired.gif

Tom Rinaldi just said the same thing.
30t6p3b.gif

Those students are idiots...rioting over a man that didn't protect the integrity of the institution. I understand what he means to the school but what he did has no excuse. He knew what was going on and acted like it wasn't his job to say more
30t6p3b.gif
....the school and Joe should be disgusted with how they handled this situation. At least they are now taking the right steps but its a little too late in my opinion.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GREAT COMPARISON, but if you see a friend or stranger drive drunk and think "oh, they're fine" and wind up killing someone cause you didn't stop them, are you responsible? If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry, but that is kind of how i think about this situation from the point of view of JoePa

Son, that isn't anywhere in the same universe. Just read the Grand Jury report and this whole thread and I don't think there will be anyway you can hold the same opinion.
I read it 'son'. It was gross and disturbing and Joe did not do those things. I'm saying he should not be held as accountable as the person who did the them.

I read it 'son'. It was gross and disturbing and Joe did not do those things. I'm saying he should not be help as accountable as the person who did the them.
don't be stupid

he's not being held accountable as the person who did them, if he did he'd be brought up on charges and in jail

he's being taken to task for turning a blind eye to this going on under his watch

I am so glad I decided not to go to Penn State four years ago. I can't believe those students are supporting him like that. Sad they care more about football than anything else.

I'm sorry, but
laugh.gif

This is insane. To me this is just a microcosm of the entire country and the ignorance that walks this earth on a day-to-day basis. They say sports is a metaphor of life, well in this instance it's showing that sports (life) breeds an ignorant and bias viewpoint, whether wrong or right.

I'm not even directly mad at those students, because I know there are thousands just like them willing to follow on the whim of the ignorant and misinformed. So...Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

What did it reveal about Paterno other than he reported the incident to his superior?

Penn State is a disgusting university for this, whether or not this is a representation of the university, if those are the students that are going to be heading into the work force then this country is in grave trouble.

You got to understand the fact that kids as in Football players who put their blood into the season and students who feel they were having a good season are having to put the rest of the year in jeopardy for something THEY nor their LEADER directly had a hand in.

Its a sad situation all around but I can understand the frustration from the fans.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

I read it 'son'. It was gross and disturbing and Joe did not do those things. I'm saying he should not be help as accountable as the person who did the them.
don't be stupid

he's not being held accountable as the person who did them, if he did he'd be brought up on charges and in jail

he's being taken to task for turning a blind eye to this going on under his watch
I am not being stupid. I said that because people were saying he is responsible for these kids getting abused. This afternoon someone on ESPN said he is MORE accountable than Sandusky. That is absurd.

Back
Top Bottom