The RETRO Gaming Thread!

You ain’t never lied, vood99 vood99 :lol:

Still though, 13 year old me was happy to see it in the theatre. Now as an adult I’ll skip through some parts and pause/drool when I see Cammy.
Street Fighter is so bad, it’s good. I love that movie.
Yea I hated how Dhalsim and Blanka/CHarlie were given those Fluke Storylines. :lol:
Raul Julia hamming it up as Bison in his final role saves Street Fighter from being a complete dumpster fire.

The soundtrack was great though. :pimp:

Van Damme's career was in the toilet after this joint, you'll giving it far too much credit. He never quite recovered until JCVD in 2008. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raul Julia was also far too talented to be M.Bison.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I agree with you that the special effects were bad. They should've opted to make a martial arts film and focused on fight choreography as opposed to signing some of the bigger name stars and going with some hokey evil dictator plot. :smh::smh::smh:

Yup Van Damme was wildin' hard during that time frame.

He was a wild boy in the 80’s too :lol:
1597987312677.gif

1597987386300.gif

I find it so funny how famous celebrity/athletes were often blatantly imitated in 90s games from the likes of Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee to name a few. Just imagine if that happened today. The lawsuits/cease and desist notices would be aplenty lol. Wasn't Balrog's character originally named M. Bison but they changed it to avoid any similarities to Mike Tyson?

I find it so funny how famous celebrity/athletes were often blatantly imitated in 90s games from the likes of Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee to name a few. Just imagine if that happened today. The lawsuits/cease and desist notices would be aplenty lol. Wasn't Balrog's character originally named M. Bison but they changed it to avoid any similarities to Mike Tyson?

Japanese copyright laws are very different from the US. It wasn't just their video game industry too, peep the Toyota Mega Cruiser below. :lol: :lol: :lol:

d71c54e7c01777ad7fe4a95861257c8f.jpg

Most of the questionable stuff comes from Japan.

I was given 2 Xbox 360 consoles by different people. Both consoles do not work, are these things just bricks after a few years? Anyway, I’ve never been an Xbox guy so I’m not even if they can’t be fixed.

I was given 2 Xbox 360 consoles by different people. Both consoles do not work, are these things just bricks after a few years? Anyway, I’ve never been an Xbox guy so I’m not even if they can’t be fixed.

Which model? The Black one with the HDMI still works for me.

Which model? The Black one with the HDMI still works for me.

I was given 2 white models. I just threw one in the trash so I’ll be working with the cleaner one :lol:
I read that it might just need the interior cleaned out of all dust, similar to the ps4 when it overheats. I’ll give that a shot and if it still doesn’t work it’s okay since it was free.

I was given 2 white models. I just threw one in the trash so I’ll be working with the cleaner one :lol:
I read that it might just need the interior cleaned out of all dust, similar to the ps4 when it overheats. I’ll give that a shot and if it still doesn’t work it’s okay since it was free.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO the earlier models (white casing) suffered from RROD (Red Ring of Death). They can be fixed if you have intermediate to expert soldering skills.

Your best bet is to find the newer XBox 360 models (black casing) as those more or less had the RROD issues sorted out.

sonic 2 or sonic 3 and knuckles aren't better than every sonic game that came after it?
ffVI, VII and chrono trigger aren't better than any rpg that has released in like the last 20+ years?
mvc2 isn't better than anything that came after it from Capcom?

interesting..

Yea you have to remember a lot of these convos are generationally biased. YOunger folks might favor things that were in-style when THEY were kids.

But to his point, everything later isn't "better" than everything that came out previously.

But "better" is subjective.

I see the PS1 classic mini's went back to around $70.

I'll wait until it goes back down to pick one up.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO the earlier models (white casing) suffered from RROD (Red Ring of Death). They can be fixed if you have intermediate to expert soldering skills.

Your best bet is to find the newer XBox 360 models (black casing) as those more or less had the RROD issues sorted out.
I’ll give it my best shot to fix it. If I fail to do it I’ll still be okay, they were free and I have zero connection to that brand.

Man those things hit $20 at BestBuy. That’s when I copped.

This could be a supply and demand issue if SONY has stopped producing them. Some retailers intentionally marking them up.

They moved a ton of them at blowout prices of $20 or less and they are quite decent when you change the software on them.

Back
Top Bottom