The RETRO Gaming Thread!

dont remember this game being so short but loved it. snes version is the best with unlimited continues and passwords

A lot of old games were so hard we didn't pay attention they were short, developers compensate cartridges' restrictions by increasing levels difficulty (plus we were kids and concept of time change the day we go to real life, paying bills...)

Really contemplating picking up an N64 and get the wrestling games DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican .

I read about an adapter that you connect the N64 to an hdmi and makes the games look better. Don't know how legit they are, though.

Really contemplating picking up an N64 and get the wrestling games DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican .

I read about an adapter that you connect the N64 to an hdmi and makes the games look better. Don't know how legit they are, though.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee start with the RetroTink first and you can use it with other consoles also. Those cheap N64 HDMI are utter crap - and the proper solutions are quite expensive and require complicated installs.

Games wise - you want the AKi wrestling games. WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

I used to be a huge No Mercy guy, but the slower frame rates plus the huge game reset bug bring it down a few notches.

I've played a ton of N64 back in the day so it has a soft spot for me but if you've never had one you don't want to dump too much money into it. Some of those early 3D games haven't aged well while N64's hardware is a mixed bag - it had some type of aliasing which results in a poor image on current generation TVs.

Last edited:
Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee
I've played a ton of N64 back in the day so it has a soft spot for me but if you've never had one you don't want to dump too much money into it. Some of those early 3D games haven't aged well while N64's hardware is a mixed bag - it had some type of aliasing results in a poor image on current generation TVs.
Same here, N64 stands for the beginnings of 3D and we are 25 years after so it hasn't aged well at all, while SNES was the apogee of 2D and has very well aged in my opinion.
Super Mario World 2 & Donkey Kong Country 3 as examples are gorgeous.

-

I hate Mode-7 but there's two exceptions I think, Starfox and Stunt Race FX, this game was great, not sure I want to play it again though, I prefer to not destroy good memories because maneuverability was rude if I remember well...

S.C.A.R.S. on N64 was dope

Like Beetle Adventure Racing and its numerous shortcuts and points to collect in boxes

Didn't play the N64 version, only PC, but this one, Re-Volt :smile:

Playable at 8 with 4 pads, Micro Machine 64, a lot of fun with it

In fact a lot of old car games very fun with a not so good or rather bad maneuverability :lol:

soap2.jpg

Same here, N64 stands for the beginnings of 3D and we are 25 years after so it hasn't aged well at all, while SNES was the apogee of 2D and has very well aged in my opinion.
Super Mario World 2 & Donkey Kong Country 3 as examples are gorgeous.

-

I hate Mode-7 but there's two exceptions I think, Starfox and Stunt Race FX, this game was great, not sure I want to play it again though, I prefer to not destroy good memories because maneuverability was rude if I remember well...

S.C.A.R.S. on N64 was dope

Like Beetle Adventure Racing and its numerous shortcuts and points to collect in boxes

Didn't play the N64 version, only PC, but this one, Re-Volt :smile:

Playable at 8 with 4 pads, Micro Machine 64, a lot of fun with it

In fact a lot of old car games very fun with a not so good or rather bad maneuverability :lol:

soap2.jpg

Played S.C.A.R.S on the PC way back in the day. One of those games that 3DFX acceleration and ran amazing.

Anyone here have a Raspberry Pi with Retropie? Was thinking of purchasing one as I also have a couple Xbox 360 controllers I could use with it. How does Retropie look on HDTVs?

What exactly is the going rate for a used n64?

Seen a few on offerup going for over $100. Nah, ain't paying that.

What exactly is the going rate for a used n64?

Seen a few on offerup going for over $100. Nah, ain't paying that.

The base 'dark grey' models should be cheap - check your thrift stores, Kijiji, etc...

I personally wouldn't pay over $50 for the console alone unless they were including a game or an extra controller. The non-dark grey ones are worth more due to lower numbers.

Back
Top Bottom