Image result for Kaboom Atari

Top 5 castlgames?

symphony of the night
Order of ecclesia
Aria of sorrow
Dawn of sorrow
Rondo of blood

Well the first two are my favorite.
Those are the only ones I remember playing/beating.
May have played III and/or the Genesis one.

Rondo of Blood & Symphony of The Night look the most impressive to me;
from what I've seen. I liked the atmosphere of the N64 one.

What I like with the 2 OG's is they are very different from each other, I'm tempted to try these colorized versions
The first one is very challenging and you can play it several times, they add ennemies when you finish it, but you can't save, so it could be frustrating if you have not enough battery.
As a kid I prefer the second one because you can save, you have a non linear game with the map and better graphics, or at least more detailed.
But few years back I retried the two ones and the first one was more enjoyable...

EDIT : here a look at the beginning of Metal Gear Acid ² on PSP, but in french, tuto and cutscenes skipped :lol: that's my third time on this save, I used to play it a lot before, but I'm not the kind to do it with a lot of finesse, I'm just playing and playing in order to have more cards even if I don't use them all ^^ this video from my YouTube channel, which is full of videos of playing, no commentary, never, and not necessary interesting or not, it quite depends, so if you want to look at it

( I do have the PSP but for recording as for playing and saves I prefer to go EMU )

Counter Strike Source 4 frags in 13 seconds, I was lucky ^^

Last edited:

I really need to pick this one up next time I’m at my local used game store. It’s only $3 and fun to play. The last of the Atari 2600 games I need are...

-The Smurfs
-Super Cobra
-Mario Bros.
-Donkey Kong jr.
-Qbert
-Masters of the Universe (He-Man)

As for this weekends pick ups...
Romance of the three Kingdoms VII
845D936E-31AE-4532-A29F-91CB5E7B4C79.jpeg
Bayonetta
A3521083-CDEE-4C14-AAED-2A4ED16FCF97.jpeg
Cocoto Kart Racer
EC5DA9FB-BF5B-4398-A992-59CF34862267.jpeg

Any fans of Carmageddon?

Played the first game and the 'Splat' expansion pack heavily on the PC back in the day.

The second game went full 3D as opposed to the earlier mix of 3D with sprites and the game kinda suffered as a result. Came out on consoles and was universally panned.

The third game 'TDR 2000' was complete garbage - required some stupidly high PC yet still ran and played poorly. Killed the franchise until some mobile joint came out a few years back.

Final Fantasy VII (the original, never played the other one) is great, even if it has some defaults, I had a lot of fun playing it, then I played the VIII th and it's not the same thing, VII was great because of Materia and combat

Video not to good as at the time I forgot to associate all materias with all characters :rofl:

EDIT : Some levelling in the VIII th

Last edited:
I remember pressing one button to beat Sephiroth back in the day lol. That's what happens when you get the Knights of the Round summon. It's not even fair to the poor guy. Some of these FF games really let you build your characters into mini gods if you're willing to put in the time.

I remember pressing one button to beat Sephiroth back in the day lol. That's what happens when you get the Knights of the Round summon. It's not even fair to the poor guy. Some of these FF games really let you build your characters into mini gods if you're willing to put in the time.
For what I know it's normal to beat him with only one button at the end of the game

EDIT : Graphics during world map or combat are great but some cinematics or some impression you walk on a paint were awful, 3D beginnings, could have a charm sometimes or be terrible

This one doesn't look bad neither

I'm actually at the end of Super Mario Land 2 but I forgot last level was so difficult, I'm no longer used to difficulty in platform games :lol:
I tried the Deluxe version of Super Mario Land 1 but it doesn't work as well as Super Mario Land 2 as it changes the size of Mario and the ennemies, so it changes your habits

Just beat original Super Mario Land 1 in 32 minutes, died a few times, I'm glad because it's the first game with Tetris I played, very young kid, so this means it helps me a lot, I have already replayed it as an adult, but you keep some automatisms from your childhood, even if you miss some things or just don't care thinking you're a speedrunner :lol:
Very rewarding game anyway, 32 minutes with errors, so quite interesting for speedruns, in fact if you would play it if you can post your run it would be quite competitive ^^

EDIT : Great thing about the first one : when you finish the game you can replay it with more ennemies ! That was very challenging at the time with battery ^^

EDIT 2 :
Here it is :

1989, so it disturbed nobody the "racist" level in China ? :lol: You fight "monsters" all the game except in China or a place like it when you jump on Chinese, weird lol

Last edited:
Why would it 'disturb' anybody when taken into context? Japanese and Chinese have had tensions for decades, plus there was the 'red scare' of the '80s coupled with the CCP's abhorrent treatment of its people.

Why would it 'disturb' anybody when taken into context? Japanese and Chinese have had tensions for decades, plus there was the 'red scare' of the '80s coupled with the CCP's abhorrent treatment of its people.
I mean in today's eyes where everything is a polemic, but I didn't express well what I meant

Back
Top Bottom