The RETRO Gaming Thread!

75402-ground-zero-texas-sega-cd-front-cover.jpg

Neo Geo seemed to have a great catalog, enjoyed a lot SNK games, Soul Calibur and SNK the best fight games I played, not so frustrating when you lose than Tekken ( Dark Resurrection was great on PSP ) or Street Fighter. Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai on PSP wasn't bad at all for its time. Old Dragon Ball Z 3 Ultime Menace on SNES brings me back as a kid, my neighbour had the japanese version and the way he changed options or with a cheatcode, I don't know, we were able to do big kamehameha just pressing a button, he also had a special pad with way too many buttons lol WWC games reminds me another neighbour, we played on a SEGA machine, can't remind me which one, he losed, as I know he was easy to rage, I didn't speak too much ^^ but this piece of cake and by cake I mean #$&% menaced me with a knife when I was going to leave his appartement...We were only kids lol but this one was already ######

First release in 2011 I think : a PC game for a version of Super Smash Bros in a Game Boy game's aesthetic

It looks amazing, I got to check it, maybed tested years ago, can't be sure
On their official website (easy to find) you also can download the soundtrack, love this kind of indie games, they change constraints in something charming like before, only difference is, they chose to work with these constraints ^^

EDIT : from this preview OST seemed to be on point, we would hear !
EDIT 2 : not played yet but love the chara design

EDIT 3 (lol) : Megaman X ! Great graphics, love this game, but I'm so bad at it lol Like Metal Slug, great games, but not easy in any way

When Mode 7 is correctly used :

Last edited:
First release in 2011 I think : a PC game for a version of Super Smash Bros in a Game Boy game's aesthetic

On their official website (easy to find) you also can download the soundtrack, love this kind of indie games, they change constraints in something charming like before, only difference is, they chose to work with these constraints ^^

The game designer made a follow up called “Rivals of Aether,”which is a great game that I’m playing on Switch. The Steam version is better and allows people to create their own characters in the workshop.

Columns, this game and its music, graphics, loved this one, Columns, Sonic The Hedgedog and Shinobi II the games we had with the Game Gear, Shinobi II was so great too ( and what an OST ! )

Game Gear like Dreamcast were in the future of video gaming, but battery's problem for the Game Gear ruined it, we had an adaptator, amazed at time with the graphics, and even today, incredible for the time. NES, Game Gear, Dreamcast, Neo Geo, I need to discover more games from these ones. And even Saturn, don't know for you all but I think I miss so many great games...

EDIT : As already said and known, old video games bring back memories so easily, it's incredible, each platform referring to a period, it's getting emotional :lol:

the shinobi series on the GG was deff one of the best games on that system i like it even better than ninja gaiden on the nes, the soundtrack from shinobi on the GG was super dope and was composed really well
I was even surprised years later when I discovered Shinobi III I think on some SEGA home console, the game wasn't that good in my opinion, and Shinobi II had that intelligence to make you revisit levels to find the other ninjas and crystals using your new performances, so they change a cartridge's constraint in something challenging, interesting, playful. And when I played this game, I didn't use to think that was a game made for children, they respected us very well with this one :smokin

-

Streets of Rage OST

-

EDIT : Just did Super Mario Land 1 again but with more ennemies ah ah great game, I have to finish it again see if they still increase number of bad guys lol
EDIT 2 : Imagine all of us going to the past buying all the stuff we wanted at time :smokin because I don't know for you but I remind at time parents didn't buy a lot of cartridges, you had some and play them for a long time, so for each console, not so many games on it, at least at the beginnings, I guess with time and as the passion remains, things got more serious :lol:
I 'ld love to have many many Game Boy's cartridges, love the format of them, not really nostalgic about the console by itself but these cartridges got a lot fo charm. And many many SNES cartridges would have been great as it was for me the apogee of 2D, great memories :D

Last edited:

EDIT 2 : not played yet but love the chara design

EDIT 3 (lol) : Megaman X ! Great graphics, love this game, but I'm so bad at it lol Like Metal Slug, great games, but not easy in any way

When Mode 7 is correctly used :

Mega man x is one of my favorite games ever. Just replayed it on the PS5 a month ago and it still holds up. Up to mega man x5 now but it’s a choir. Megan man x2 and x4 are the best gameplay wise tho

Mega Man X is one of my fav SNES games, could never beat the final Sigma boss though. One hit from him drains so much life. Need to go back and replay on a ROM one of these days.

Sigma has 3 forms. Ice for the dog, gotta dash hug the walls and use spark for sigma himself and his last stage you can haduken him by taking some damage or use the rolling shield. What sucks about the fortress is that it’s 3 stages and you have to play them all the way through, cant save.

Picked up a used Nintendo Wii U tablet/controller from a local seller. I stopped by my used game store and bought a new charger for that tablet, hope it works like he said it did.

On the way back I stopped into the thrift store and got...

James Pond “Underwater Agent” for the Genesis
Metal Gear Solid “VR Missions” for PS1
SyphonFilter for the PS1

Edit: The tablet works! Great deal now that my Wii U console is complete.

Last edited:
krazy krazy , that’s nice man. Good pick up! I bet you get warm memories while playing that series. Sorry to hear about your sister bro.

Appreciate it fam, nothing but good memories. She also got me a PSOne I still have to this day.
On a somewhat related note, I remember going to Toy R Us to pick a game for my bday, my bro told me to get Starcraft 64 and my sis said to get Mario Party 2. I went with her choice :lol:

Back
Top Bottom