The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Oooh nice! I never get tired of watching SMB3 related content, it’s my favorite game. Thanks for posting it.
There's a great rom called " Mario is Missing! Done Right ", it's a mix between Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World, you should try it, I was a fan of Super Mario World and it didn't disappoint me at all

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Have yet to watch the smackdown episode of THGM yet. Will probably do it after NXT and Dynamite.

I did watch the Streets of Rage one he recently released. Excellent stuff. Can't wait for the SoR4 DLC.
Yea, I watch the SD episode. It was solid.

What is the SOR Movie, is it just a compilation of each SOR review he did? If so, I won't waste my time since I already watched all of them.

Yea, I watch the SD episode. It was solid.

What is the SOR Movie, is it just a compilation of each SOR review he did? If so, I won't waste my time since I already watched all of them.

It's almost like a documentary. He breaks down all 3, then the remake and then 4.

It's a history of the series.

Picked up a game I’ve been looking to find at the thrift store. I can’t be mad at the $1 price for Super Mario All-Stars on the Wii. Got hooked and played up to world 2 on SMB3 :lol: :emoji_thumbsup:

I also picked up a complete mint copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 “Snake Eater” for the PS2. Not sure if I owned it already but you can’t pass up for just $1.

Last edited:

Max and Brian attempt to untangle the web of legal issues that prevent this game from coming to modern consoles. And they wax nostalgic about the lasting effect GoldenEye has had on shooters in 23 years since its release.

Subscribed to this channel called Player One Start.

He reviews old consoles and goes shopping for old games/consoles.

53c9a33112e010c6307af25899a779db.gif

20210204_221906.jpg
SNES and PSP are my favorite consoles even if now I'm mainly PC. SNES was the apogee of 2D in my opinion. And of platformers. 2D graphics were great. Mode 7 is awful however with today eyes. Super Mario World 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country, especially 2 & 3...Even not very good games could have been good, I don't think it is still pelasant to play today but X-Kaliber 2097 was nice at the time. I'm not a fan of Zelda but I love the one of the SNES and its graphics. In fact I'm disappointed to not having more SNES games. I used to have more, I guess they are somewhere else...
20210204_221844.jpg

First Game Boy and SNES were the consoles that made me love Nintendo. N64 had great Rareware games. Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Conker's Bad Fur Day...But 3D at the beginning wasn't so great for most of the other games.
PSP was really good for its time. Metal Gear Acid ² is slept on, concept of collectible cards is great in my opinion. Like Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 1 on Game Boy. Advance Wars a great one too.
20210204_221319.jpg 20210204_221251.jpg
Those two pads are the ones I prefer, they are very complementary
20171007195750_1.jpg ut04pc0f.jpg Counter-Strike-Source.jpg
Half-Life C.A.G.E.D. is a great legal MOD of Half-Life, even better in my opinion as ennemies are only humans, it's a short but very pleasant game, challenging if your aim is to speedrun it, what I did several times and it is funny to learn tricks on YouTube even if it's quite hard to execute then ^^
There's a lot of great modifications of official games who exist and respect the original ones...
And a lot of ambitious projects like Skyblivion and Skywind in order to make Oblivion and Morrowind more playables according to nowadays standards...

krazy krazy the fact that you have Gundam Wing Endless Duel on Super Famicom solidified the collection for me!

Love the Golden Suns and Lunars as well.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee . Pages I follow. (Other than Top)

(2) strafefox - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/strafefox/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

(2) 616Entertainment - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/616Entertainment/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

(2) Joe Gagne's Funtime Pro Wrestling Arcade - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/JoeGagnesFuntimeProWrestlingArcade/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Gaming Historian - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/gaminghistorian/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Visually , StrafeFox is and will always be the #1 and the best.

krazy krazy the fact that you have Gundam Wing Endless Duel on Super Famicom solidified the collection for me!

Love the Golden Suns and Lunars as well.

Most def, thanks bro. When I found out how to play Super Famicom games I copped several. Used to play Endless Duel with my bros on the computer back in the day.
Got both Golden Suns CIB for 15 & 20 each back in college (7+ years ago). Got both PSX Lunars last year before prices rose. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue is one of my fav RPGs

His videos on Sonics and Streets of Rage were nice.

I'll check those out eventually. I enjoyed his Ecco video. Very well put together.

Right now I'm watching videos on why the Saturn and dreamcast failed. I already knew about them but there's always some new info I didn't know about.

Back
Top Bottom