The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Appreciate it fam, nothing but good memories. She also got me a PSOne I still have to this day.
On a somewhat related note, I remember going to Toy R Us to pick a game for my bday, my bro told me to get Starcraft 64 and my sis said to get Mario Party 2. I went with her choice :lol:

Oh man those memories will never leave you. Also, I feel you on those trips to TRU. It was exciting being in the car on the way there, I use to plan out in my mind the first sections I was going to look at....

1st Video games
2nd Action figures
3rd Hot Wheels
4th Radio control cars
5th Basketball card section on the way out , lol

New avy.. :nthat:

Eujhz1RWYAEm9DN.jpeg.jpg

I found complete copies of “Ducktales Remastered“ and “LEGO Marvel Superhero’s“ for the Xbox 360 today. The graphics for Ducktales is still impressive to me, love the look. $2 well spent.
Was looking videos of Duck Tales 1 & 2 on Game Boy and SNES 2 or 3 days ago, didn't know they remastered it

Was looking videos of Duck Tales 1 & 2 on Game Boy and SNES 2 or 3 days ago, didn't know they remastered it
Yeah, modern graphics (at the time) and released for PS3 and Xbox 360. They used to have it for download on Sony’s website but eventually removed it due to expiring license with Disney. It started raising the value of the physical copies soon thereafter.

Finally did Super Mario Land 1 DX with only one life, quite proud even if I took damage near the end, I recommend it to everyone who enjoyed the original one, even if as visuals vary it could be disturbing at first

I would try to talk about something else than Mario now :lol:
-

EDIT 02/22/21 I just found another version of Super Mario World with new graphics, I must try it, I'll post some video (always about Mario lol)

Last edited:
I visited my cousins’ favorite used game store and was surprised to see so many of the cartridge based game sections had low quantities of games. The Atari stuff is understandable since it’s real old and kinda uncommon....but the NES, SNES, Sega Master System and Genesis too? The employees tell me the last few months have been brutal on them and not many people have come it to trade/sell carts.

Anyway, I came in mostly to look but did pick up some Sega Genesis sports games I had fond memories of while in junior high. I couldn’t pass them up since some were in the OG cases and $.50 to $1 each:emoji_thumbsup: I picked up......

-NBA Showdown 94
-NBA Live 95
-NBA Live 96
-NBA Live 97
-FIFA International Soccer
-NHL Hockey
-F22 Interceptor

Oh, and one Wii game at the thrift store while coming back from the game store. $2.99 for a complete mint copy of PAC-Man Party. Looks like a fun title.

Last edited:
It's a shame, Game Gear and Dreamcast ahead of their time as technology is concerned, Soul Calibur and Jet Set Radio were beautiful, Nintendo got great games but they often were the ones with some late to the others, Playstation got adult games and cinematics...

It's a shame, Game Gear and Dreamcast ahead of their time as technology is concerned, Soul Calibur and Jet Set Radio were beautiful, Nintendo got great games but they often were the ones with some late to the others, Playstation got adult games and cinematics...

Game Gear burning through 6 AA batteries in a couple of hours wasn't exactly a technology marvel, but I get what you're saying.

Game Gear burning through 6 AA batteries in a couple of hours wasn't exactly a technology marvel, but I get what you're saying.
Yes, that was painful, but because of that we bought a cable, and then it has became less portable but a good compromise between portable and home console, perfect for vacation as a kid...

Hot take.

Before the PSP, handheld gaming was garbage and nit even worth the experience.
Good memories of Game Boy>Game Boy Advance games, but loved PSP, that was the one to realize gamers' dreams as graphics were concerned, Wipeout was beautiful on it, and I only played the first one

Advance Wars on Game Boy Advance and Golden Sun were two great games and Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure looks good

Back
Top Bottom