The RETRO Gaming Thread!

48ed88458e0a8fbaf98616abd0a8caf934bfb879.jpg

No. I had no need for them honestly. The in-home systems were enough. :lol:

I didn't have a tv in my room until my mid teens in high school, so a Game Boy was a must.

I miss being a kid playing the heck outta a game, even if it was kinda bad, because it'd be the only game you'd get for months. I could probably beat Robocop 2 on the GB blindfolded. And I've been emulating EA Sports PGA European Tour of all games on my TV just for the nostalgia as a kid that put hours into that game and has never liked or played golf in my life. Still can't believe they put Street Fighter 2 on Gameboy, let alone how many hours I put into it.

Man... Nintendo collectors are kinda crazy. I mean, I'm a collector myself, but the rare kind that only pays retail but hoards collectible stuff.

Anyway, I just checked to see what my extreme green n64 controller is going for on ebay. Complete with box starts at $425 and goes up to $600. I might just list this thing tomorrow!

Used to have Doom on the SNES, and the demo on PC, at a time wanted it badly on GBA
On PC I was a fan of my only FPS along with Wolfenstein 3D (how I hate Wolfenstein 3D lol the ugly colors) : Corridor 7 : Alien Invasion :smokin
Used to have Duke Nukem (2D version) on PC, kind of enjoy it but I wanted the 3D so...

Had to toss out an original SNES tonight. I originally bought it at a thrift store 5 years ago. The problem was the ***** *** store manager put it in a box with no lid but held all the contents inside with clear shipping tape. I bought it for $60 and once I got home realized that the rear power connector of the console was broken off. The manager would only give me store credit so I decided to keep it and try to fix it. Ended up buying a $15 replacement part for the broken piece and it still didn’t power on. Well, years pass and I picked up a $5 “fuse” that is usually the culprit.....and it STILL didn’t work. The whole thing ran me $80 to just now toss it in the trash :lol: :smh:

Oh well, the SNES I got a few weeks back works fine. I just figured I could sell the spare console and recoup what I invested. Now I have one SNES and 7 controllers:rofl:

Had to toss out an original SNES tonight. I originally bought it at a thrift store 5 years ago. The problem was the ***** *** store manager put it in a box with no lid but held all the contents inside with clear shipping tape. I bought it for $60 and once I got home realized that the rear power connector of the console was broken off. The manager would only give me store credit so I decided to keep it and try to fix it. Ended up buying a $15 replacement part for the broken piece and it still didn’t power on. Well, years pass and I picked up a $5 “fuse” that is usually the culprit.....and it STILL didn’t work. The whole thing ran me $80 to just now toss it in the trash :lol: :smh:

Oh well, the SNES I got a few weeks back works fine. I just figured I could sell the spare console and recoup what I invested. Now I have one SNES and 7 controllers:rofl:
Years back, about 10 years, found old consoles they were throwing at an old job, Megadrive + Snes
I used them for a very few time because of an ex girlfriend which made me throw away a lot of stuff and we finally broke in 2013, so a lot of regrets about this + the SNES was really one, which means the version you guys got in US, so, different from our Super Nintendo, version we got in EU

But like you I kept the pads so I'm happy because it means 2 EU pads and 2 US ones, ours are similar except for the colors

Here's a pic of the Mini, as we can see they seemed to use Super Mario World as inspiration for this

20210226_115523.jpg

Again, pic of mini versions but Japanese version looks great

20210226_115834.jpg

I remember when Apple and Nintendo were on translucent stuff lol

Used to have this one :

20210226_120130.jpg

Regrets

Classic GameBoy cartridges on Advance were unsightly as possible

Do you remember those times parents kept selling your old machines lol

If only they knew...

And made you throwing : I had that problem with N64 and SNES games' boxes

My mom tossed the cases for all my old Playstation games once... classics too like Suikoden 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 7-9, Chrono Cross, etc...

Anyway I was super pissed but I actually rebought every single game and still have them all complete to this day.

Man... Nintendo collectors are kinda crazy. I mean, I'm a collector myself, but the rare kind that only pays retail but hoards collectible stuff.

Anyway, I just checked to see what my extreme green n64 controller is going for on ebay. Complete with box starts at $425 and goes up to $600. I might just list this thing tomorrow!

Are they actually getting that much though? I find with eBay some of the OD priced stuff ends up sitting on there for years.

Nevertheless even $99 for a N64 controller is whack to me. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I dunno, but I'm sure if I undercut the lowest price, which is $425... I'll sell it before anyone else. Either way I don't need the $ so it can sit on there for as long as it needs.

Back
Top Bottom