The RETRO Gaming Thread!

01g3gzbktxq7e1hgknx5.png

Walked into the retro game store and the owner knows me as the Atari guy, lol. He knew exactly why I was there and said ...

“You were here last week, right? Well it’s too soon, the stuff you’re into takes a few weeks to come in”

Super nice of him to remember me at all considering the large amount of people who frequent his store. I ended up buying some Sega Genesis games instead.

Last edited:
Walked into the retro game store and the owner knows me as the Atari guy, lol. He knew exactly why I was there and said ...

“You were here last week, right? Well it’s too soon, the stuff you’re into takes a few weeks to come in”

Super nice of him to remember me at all considering the large amount of people who frequent his store. I ended up buying some Sega Genesis games instead.

Hopefully these retro stores never die out.

I hope so too. It feels great walking in there and seeing all sorts of cartridges, discs, old posters, arcade cabinets...etc. Same feeling you get when you used to be able to walk into a dedicated toy store like Toys R Us or Kay-Bee.

Do you have a similar store you make your purchases at?
I hope so too. It feels great walking in there and seeing all sorts of cartridges, discs, old posters, arcade cabinets...etc. Same feeling you get when you used to be able to walk into a dedicated toy store like Toys R Us or Kay-Bee.

Do you have a similar store you make your purchases at?

There is one here in NY that's by the NYU campus but I can't remember the name.

Last time i went was before the pandemic.

I remember that it was a small spot but they had so much stuff.

I had to google that word, lol.

Yeah man, that sucks. I used to feel that way about a mom & pop shoe store I used to frequent. It went out of business when more stores popped up. Everyone got fed up with the owner and bounced.
we used that word a lot back in the day. I use it sometimes when I'm annoyed at someone, the same with "it doesn't matter".

Hopefully these retro stores never die out.
we still have a few places left in my city. I just have to scour really intently to find out about these places as they aren't that easy to find nor available to find on google maps. same with toy stores/shops. it's either word of mouth kind of information or have to drive and look all over the place.

also, there was one shop close to my area that has a jabroni owner. I didn't have a problem with him but the rest of the customers disliked him a lot. maybe because my appearance come close resemblance to his native american background. other than that, he got some great selection. I haven't been there in years and not sure if it still there.

I picked up 2 more Sega Genesis games, one being a game I remember wanting to rent but was always unavailable at my rental store. Here are my most recent pick ups...Olympic Summer Games (1996) and finally got World Cup USA ‘94.
697EB90F-30EB-4028-8594-FCCC3CF68E01.jpeg

Forgot to post these from last week. I loved sports games on the Genesis and especially basketball.
David Robinson’s Supreme Court
Pat Riley Basketball
Jammit
18EC0CAF-412C-43F4-81F4-D5101BE41DB5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom