The RETRO Gaming Thread!

FULSIwvWAAUX7no.jpeg

I knew 1 person who had the Sega Master System back in the '80's.
I knew many people who had the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Around that time - Shinobi was one of the hottest arcade games out.
Made by Sega...I never played the Master System home version. Man,
that arcade game was difficult!...

The music from the bonus stages is a favorite of mine...

The Master System version was different from the arcade. Console had a life bar whereas the arcade was more Rolling Thunder with three lives.

Back then, Sega tended to make all of their console versions different. Shadow Dancer (the arcade sequel to Shinobi) for Genesis was different from the arcade version.

Personally, I’m cool with any Sega mini. Dreamcast was cool but the Saturn was probably the better console.

Back then, Sega tended to make all of their console versions different. Shadow Dancer (the arcade sequel to Shinobi) for Genesis was different from the arcade version.

I am aware of this.
Can't say I remember playing Shadow Dancer in the arcade...just like
Bloody Wolf...I had the TurboGrafx home version but don't remember playing
the original arcade version.

Conversely, I never played the home version of Shinobi or Rolling Thunder,
strictly arcade.

Didn't we already get a Sega Mini console? There was already plenty of Sega Collections out there before the Genesis Mini. No real need for one besides just for collecting. I'm not sure a Master System Mini would have enough solid games or not.

Last edited:
If I buy a used PS4 pro from the pawn shop and there's games on the console...can I log out of the profile on there log into mine and still be able to keep the games?

Didn't we already get a Sega Mini console? There was already plenty of Sega Collections out there before the Genesis Mini. No real need for one besides just for collecting. I'm not sure a Master System Mini would have enough solid games or not.
There were plenty of games on the systems thanks to its long life in Europe/South America.

My issue is I want system based collections like Model 1, Model 2, Model 3, etc.

I watched both a Master System and Arcade play through. Night and day. Sega’s arcade hardware was always way ahead of their consoles.

And it’s pretty much the same for most other consoles. Arcade Ridge Racer is definitely graphically superior to the PlayStation version. I think we all just fall in love with having a similar experience (albeit worse looking) at home.

I played the hell out of SF2 on SNES despite the smaller sprites, animation frame cuts, black bars, etc.

And did Nintendo quit on the mini consoles?

I remember playing Golden Axe in the arcades after I had it for the Genesis. I couldn't believe the difference. Same with games like Altered Beast and Alien Storm. What's bad is those games were marketed as "just like the arcade" for a while.

Think Nintendo is done with mini consoles.

Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden aren't the same franchise tho lol
yup. of course. I'm referring to Shinobi games in general since I don't like them being called as Ninja games. Ninja = Shinobi. not the actual Shinobi game franchise.

$27, I'm kinda broke rn lol If it still at the pawn shop I might cop.
I feel you on that. I’ve been passing on sneakers lately. Come across some good ones but priority are the bills right now. I passed even with my brother hyping me up to buy, lol. Get that Wii next time you have some ends and can treat yourself, no shortage on that console.

speaking or arcade games, all time favorite......

I loved that arcade cabinet with the Uzi gun and one of the reasons I had my dad get me the NES version as well. Fun game that doesn’t get brought praise.

Back
Top Bottom