The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I was so happy to find this copy at my thrift store. I loved playing the ‘08 version so much. Hope this one doesn’t disappoint.
31BFF1AF-11D9-4570-A444-EC992CA48B16.jpeg

I was so happy to find this copy at my thrift store. I loved playing the ‘08 version so much. Hope this one doesn’t disappoint.
31BFF1AF-11D9-4570-A444-EC992CA48B16.jpeg

Man....I’m disappointed. They didn’t even bother to update the sneakers you can change on your players. I can’t give AI some red toe Questions if he’s on this Denver squad. ****s wack ?

I wish I kept some of my posters and NES boxes in better care, would love to put them around my office. Especially that Super Mario Bros 2 cover on the cover of Nintendo Power.
6735355.jpg

download.jpg

Streets of Rage 4?

I don’t have any posters but I still have a bunch of snes and nes booklets somewhere in storage. Here’s some of the snes ones I found. I always thought they’d make cool posters.
D59C410B-43BF-46EC-BEAD-B95E417157B7.jpeg

These here are the true grails. A complere set of Ascii arcade sticks. The FT sticks are laser based, Japan only. Capcom vs SNK versions come with collector cards.

MarkMan here also has a complete set, if you guys know him. He's the GOAT of Arcade Sticks. He used to want my set but I wouldn't trade/sell. Each of the import sticks/pads are worth $200-300.

good memories. I have a whole set now + some extras lmao. I went in hard the past decade in filling in my collection.

TLDR: Got back one of my first video games today after 23+ years of it being stolen from me.

So when I was 6 years old or so, this kid stole 2 games from my brother and I that we let him borrow: Maximum Carnage and Super Street Fighter 2. Those were 2 of my first games on SNES and Super Street Fighter 2 created my love for fighting games. So much so, it was still my favorite game of all time until I got Breath it the Wild last year. Well, this kid stole the games complete in box and all that, when we did a borrow of Fatal Fury 2 and some other game for those. My parents never bought another console or console game for us ever again. (My dad hooked me up with Gameboys up until the DS) Mind you, that means we only had the SNES from 95/96 to 2000, when my brother bought his friend’s PlayStation off him when PS2 came out.

Anyways, I’ve always wanted to complete our SNES collection and re-add those to the collection. This girl I dated before my wife bought Maximum Carnage for me in 2016, and a couple days ago this guy turned in SSF2 with the Manual. I was able to go back and pick it up today. Feels good and like I finally completed the collection.

1B669B70-EF51-485D-A3A9-2C55E0232E81.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom