THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

pimp.gif
 all this V2 love
But remember when everyone hated the V2
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How times have changed

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

v2 on iD would have made my decade....real talk. There's only been a couple of newly designed shoes from Nike that i've fallen in love with....and the v2 is one of them.

I can't remember the last time I've paid full retail price for 3 different colorways of the same shoe on RD....matter of fact, i don't even think I've EVER done that cause it would have been in the golden era of Jordans (99-03) and even then....multiples weren't dropping on the same day back then.

Bravo Nike and JP for the v2 but #$%* Lebron and his team for not allowing it on iD!

edit- also would like to add that the v2 is what made me like the Lebron 8....i first saw the v1 and i wasn't feeling 'em at all....then i saw the first v2's(christmas') and instantly loved them. After buying a couple of them....I turned back to the v1 and appreciated it MUCH more with the quality leather, full air max, and the cushioning.....dear god....that cushioning!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

That's how I was too, the v1 was ehhh, the v2 was love at first sight in person. I was on the fence with the v2 but I happened to go to the mall Christmas Eve to talk to my dudes at Finishline after the cool grey release...and I fell in love.Those newly displayed Christmas Day v2s were glowing, the pic I tried to take pailed in comparison, it was a breathtaking moment in my life.I had to get each v2 I liked from then on. Slowly the v1 bug started to bite at me and now my eyes are open, no contest though v2 is THE SHOE.With that said, the v1 just has the look/feel of a lebron shoe BUT feels like a luxurious edition of the ACTUAL sig in my mind(he did wear the v2 the most this season)I need more v2s

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

v2 on iD would have made my decade....real talk. There's only been a couple of newly designed shoes from Nike that i've fallen in love with....and the v2 is one of them.

I can't remember the last time I've paid full retail price for 3 different colorways of the same shoe on RD....matter of fact, i don't even think I've EVER done that cause it would have been in the golden era of Jordans (99-03) and even then....multiples weren't dropping on the same day back then.

Bravo Nike and JP for the v2 but #$%* Lebron and his team for not allowing it on iD!

edit- also would like to add that the v2 is what made me like the Lebron 8....i first saw the v1 and i wasn't feeling 'em at all....then i saw the first v2's(christmas') and instantly loved them. After buying a couple of them....I turned back to the v1 and appreciated it MUCH more with the quality leather, full air max, and the cushioning.....dear god....that cushioning!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

That's how I was too, the v1 was ehhh, the v2 was love at first sight in person. I was on the fence with the v2 but I happened to go to the mall Christmas Eve to talk to my dudes at Finishline after the cool grey release...and I fell in love.Those newly displayed Christmas Day v2s were glowing, the pic I tried to take pailed in comparison, it was a breathtaking moment in my life.I had to get each v2 I liked from then on. Slowly the v1 bug started to bite at me and now my eyes are open, no contest though v2 is THE SHOE.With that said, the v1 just has the look/feel of a lebron shoe BUT feels like a luxurious edition of the ACTUAL sig in my mind(he did wear the v2 the most this season)I need more v2s

Colorways really make or break the v2. Yall sitting here cheering this guacamole sample, but it's a @!*##% mess though IMO. If they threw in some gold or white, some other color besides green, light green, olive green, celtic green, about to die grass green, leprechaun green, 3.82 leaf clover green, it would be a very nice colorway. This coming from a guy who's favorite color IS green.

Colorways really make or break the v2. Yall sitting here cheering this guacamole sample, but it's a @!*##% mess though IMO. If they threw in some gold or white, some other color besides green, light green, olive green, celtic green, about to die grass green, leprechaun green, 3.82 leaf clover green, it would be a very nice colorway. This coming from a guy who's favorite color IS green.

those greens are ok...but the comment about the V2's on ID is on point. The V2's are probably the most comfy pair of shoes I've ever had. I wore my AJ 3 TB's and then put on the V2's and the comfort is like night and day.

those greens are ok...but the comment about the V2's on ID is on point. The V2's are probably the most comfy pair of shoes I've ever had. I wore my AJ 3 TB's and then put on the V2's and the comfort is like night and day.

Thanks to the dude that posted about Santa Monica Niketown..I copped the last size 10 through phone order right after I called up Niketown NYC to see if they would do a phone order but come to find out they didn't even have my size in the first place..

Can't wait to receive them
pimp.gif

Thanks to the dude that posted about Santa Monica Niketown..I copped the last size 10 through phone order right after I called up Niketown NYC to see if they would do a phone order but come to find out they didn't even have my size in the first place..

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxgod

pimp.gif
no problem...glad you were able to cop....saw them post about it on FB so I figured someone might find this useful.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

pimp.gif
no problem...glad you were able to cop....saw them post about it on FB so I figured someone might find this useful.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

pimp.gif
 all this V2 love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How times have changed
def not here....from the moment i saw the v2...it was love at first sight. The first thing i disliked about the v1 was the paneling, i was already used to the 7's and their smooth lines....so the v1 was already a big detour from that...then the colorways never really grabbed my attention.

I only liked the vets cause of the similarity to the Oly VI's....but never enough to buy them.

Once i saw the v2 and the smooth one piece design....it was a wrap. i mean, the colorway helped a lot too as well because i LOVE the Deion Sanders inspired 7's....but i was gonna end up copping a pair regardless cause they're like the AM 2009 of basketball shoes IMO

i really wanna buy the solars but they're a tad too pink for me....i know i won't wear them enough and i've got better things to spend cash on right now.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

pimp.gif
 all this V2 love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How times have changed
def not here....from the moment i saw the v2...it was love at first sight. The first thing i disliked about the v1 was the paneling, i was already used to the 7's and their smooth lines....so the v1 was already a big detour from that...then the colorways never really grabbed my attention.

I only liked the vets cause of the similarity to the Oly VI's....but never enough to buy them.

Once i saw the v2 and the smooth one piece design....it was a wrap. i mean, the colorway helped a lot too as well because i LOVE the Deion Sanders inspired 7's....but i was gonna end up copping a pair regardless cause they're like the AM 2009 of basketball shoes IMO

i really wanna buy the solars but they're a tad too pink for me....i know i won't wear them enough and i've got better things to spend cash on right now.

pimp.gif
 all this V2 love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How times have changed

I was one of them...i didnt like the v1s or v2s when they first released...but they grew on me...and...someone said the 8 will be the Jordan XI of the LeBron line...i agree.

i caught the vapors on the leBron 8 v1 and v2.

i have every pair i wanted as well...Bred v1, china v1, triple blacks, home v2, ASG v2, solar v2 low. i may pick up some sprites if i catch them slippin for retail but...my new shoe collecting rule stands strong...NO LINING OF RESELLERS POCKETS ALLOWED! unless its fairly close to retail.

pimp.gif
 all this V2 love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How times have changed

I was one of them...i didnt like the v1s or v2s when they first released...but they grew on me...and...someone said the 8 will be the Jordan XI of the LeBron line...i agree.

i caught the vapors on the leBron 8 v1 and v2.

i have every pair i wanted as well...Bred v1, china v1, triple blacks, home v2, ASG v2, solar v2 low. i may pick up some sprites if i catch them slippin for retail but...my new shoe collecting rule stands strong...NO LINING OF RESELLERS POCKETS ALLOWED! unless its fairly close to retail.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by Jordan23 4xL

yes there in NY...i got mine at NIKE RFM and NikeTown NYC has or had as of yesterday

Only size 11 and up now.  Went in and asked for a 10.5 and the guy gave the usual attitude and said nothing below 11.  Why the attitude?  Why not just say already gone, just 11 and up now.  Why you gotta look at me like I'm ******ed for asking for a 10.5?

Word..

I went to my NT RF in Long Island and apparently they came out last week......all they have is a 13...

Anybody know if HOH in Harlem getting them?? Ill be out there tomorrow.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by Jordan23 4xL

yes there in NY...i got mine at NIKE RFM and NikeTown NYC has or had as of yesterday

Only size 11 and up now.  Went in and asked for a 10.5 and the guy gave the usual attitude and said nothing below 11.  Why the attitude?  Why not just say already gone, just 11 and up now.  Why you gotta look at me like I'm ******ed for asking for a 10.5?

Word..

I went to my NT RF in Long Island and apparently they came out last week......all they have is a 13...

Anybody know if HOH in Harlem getting them?? Ill be out there tomorrow.

The only thing I didn't like about the v2 is the material on the upper. Always liked the v1, but I didn't think the design was sig looking. Comfort put the v1 over the top and it remains my favorite. They just dropped the ball on the colorways. I had to come around on the v2s. I had to literally put my foot in them to give them a chance. I'm sold now, but not always.

The only thing I didn't like about the v2 is the material on the upper. Always liked the v1, but I didn't think the design was sig looking. Comfort put the v1 over the top and it remains my favorite. They just dropped the ball on the colorways. I had to come around on the v2s. I had to literally put my foot in them to give them a chance. I'm sold now, but not always.

man i called a lot of spots to cop these and no luck
tired.gif
  i live in the bay and i cant find these anywhere

Back
Top Bottom