THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by The7onius

Lol @ Nike trying to put suspense onto the Miami Nights UK release, They don't care about Lebrons in London, they still have the Xmas and Allstars on the website.

What site?

Lol @ Nike trying to put suspense onto the Miami Nights UK release, They don't care about Lebrons in London, they still have the Xmas and Allstars on the website.

What site?

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

miami nights not releasing in the united states? haha, i'm so glad i'm done with this line. lebron isn't worth the attention people give him.
that's not exactly true.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

miami nights not releasing in the united states? haha, i'm so glad i'm done with this line. lebron isn't worth the attention people give him.
that's not exactly true.

MARK MY WORDS, The Miami Nights will RELEASE in The US!!!!
(Dont confuse this post like I have some kind of hidden source)

MARK MY WORDS, The Miami Nights will RELEASE in The US!!!!
(Dont confuse this post like I have some kind of hidden source)

I gotta find some fam over in the uk. Need those christmas 8s.

I gotta find some fam over in the uk. Need those christmas 8s.

I'd be shocked if the Miami Nights don't release here as well..  I'm just tired of the hype and jumping through hoops to get kicks..  All of the quickstrikes, tier zero releases are for the birds.  i understand that in today's times, you have to create a hype scenario to sell things, but Nike is always going overboard with it

I'd be shocked if the Miami Nights don't release here as well..  I'm just tired of the hype and jumping through hoops to get kicks..  All of the quickstrikes, tier zero releases are for the birds.  i understand that in today's times, you have to create a hype scenario to sell things, but Nike is always going overboard with it

way less than 300 pairs of miami nights available tonight on nikestore euro, also they are releasing at niketown london tomorrow morning. im glad i found a solid euro connect, and its not an nt member. hoh in europe will get the miami nights also according to my connect, 20 pairs x 5 stores, about the same as the ray allen 13's, extremely limited. dont hold your breath for a U.S. release, and if they do it will probaly be less than 500 pairs for the whole country. these miami nights might fetch sb money in a few months, it all depends on how many they release. and they look way better than the sb's imo, i do wish they were a v2 high though.

way less than 300 pairs of miami nights available tonight on nikestore euro, also they are releasing at niketown london tomorrow morning. im glad i found a solid euro connect, and its not an nt member. hoh in europe will get the miami nights also according to my connect, 20 pairs x 5 stores, about the same as the ray allen 13's, extremely limited. dont hold your breath for a U.S. release, and if they do it will probaly be less than 500 pairs for the whole country. these miami nights might fetch sb money in a few months, it all depends on how many they release. and they look way better than the sb's imo, i do wish they were a v2 high though.

Man... go away for a few days and come back and.....

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!! S done hit the fan.....

Ty should have put a disclaimer: "Don't shoot the messenger"

I HAVE to play devils advocate on this situation, as I agree in theory with ALOT that's wrong with the Line.... but know alot that goes on business wise... and def. dont agree with it. Also, you guys have to understand.... JP is one of VERY few who actually OPENLY came on this site to respond to critics and answer questions in ALL over Beaverton Oregon.

I've said it once and will repeat. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY frowned upon to come onto Niketalk and speak or release information as YOURSELF. But just know when you walk around the Jerry Rice, Mia Hamm and every other building on campus there are alot of computer screens both MAC and PC with Black and Red on it looking at feedback...

From Jordan to Nike to Converse designers, PLMs and Marketing dudes come to see feedback to information either THEY leaked or had someone else leak here on Niketalk. Not the other commercial sneaker site... THIS ONE.

Its weird that some will say that NT does not reflect the demo that they are targeting and for inline stuff it's true to an extent. HOWEVA....when it comes to Energy i.e. QS or HOH types of releases NT is the ONLY Demo they target.

I strongly believe HOH's were built solely to cater to the sneaker enthusiast and hypebeasts alike. I believe they too failed miserably in that effort. As a dude who has/had access to some of the good stuff, I still got frustrated for my NT bredren, because we are the one's who carry the hype and expand the hype for a limited shoe.

We should be aptly rewarded.... but on the other side of that you have JP who since BEFORE being on the Lebron Line has constantly fought the good fight for trying to get certain colorways to retail in SOME capacity. It hasn't gotten ANY easier since being on the Lebron line.

Marketing is separate from design. Decisions are made sometimes in a vacuum. Basically JP has to sell the idea of why a certain colorway will do well to Marketing.

This of it this way. You are working at Toy Factory and you have kids and you design the Toys. You know what kids will like... you know that you know. You were a kid once and had toys left and right.

But another person in the company.. not YOUR boss but another person in another section of the company's boss is deciding what Toys will go to retail. He has NO kids... and grew up in an orphanage with no toys his damn self.

Well how can THAT person tell you whats best, when all they know is a class they took on toy making and got a degree in it? Well thats basically what you are dealing with when it comes to Nike.

No idea is a good one unless it's the person who's in charge's idea... or they decide to make it their idea. Yes it sounds easy... Put this color out put that one out for mass comsumption.. but from a business standpoint it aint all that easy when the person making the decision isn't that saavy in what an ACTUAL Shoe head wants.

Everyone working at Nike aint a Shoe head and look at things from a COMPLETELY different angle. Giving Lebron the power to decide what CAN and CAN NOT come out I agree is wrong and the worst for us.... but thats just HALF the problem. TRUST ME on that one.

JP is prolly the only dude we got on the inside fighting the good fight and when the anger arises it's def misplaced going towards him on what colors release.

When you all knew Gentry was solely responsible for the colors released on the Jordan side his head was constantly on a platter... and he's GONE and still gets blamed for the crap that releases!!! lol

When you all get the name responsible in Nike Basketball... place that anger there. Hell I cant be angry at Ty... at least he's giving ya'll something... when no one answers questions people get just as heated.

Imagine if Ty never posted the kicks.. half of ya'll wou;dn't know what you were missing to be upset in the first place. Just sayin....

*puts flame suit on*

It's NT after all....
laugh.gif

Man... go away for a few days and come back and.....

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!! S done hit the fan.....

Ty should have put a disclaimer: "Don't shoot the messenger"

I HAVE to play devils advocate on this situation, as I agree in theory with ALOT that's wrong with the Line.... but know alot that goes on business wise... and def. dont agree with it. Also, you guys have to understand.... JP is one of VERY few who actually OPENLY came on this site to respond to critics and answer questions in ALL over Beaverton Oregon.

I've said it once and will repeat. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY frowned upon to come onto Niketalk and speak or release information as YOURSELF. But just know when you walk around the Jerry Rice, Mia Hamm and every other building on campus there are alot of computer screens both MAC and PC with Black and Red on it looking at feedback...

From Jordan to Nike to Converse designers, PLMs and Marketing dudes come to see feedback to information either THEY leaked or had someone else leak here on Niketalk. Not the other commercial sneaker site... THIS ONE.

Its weird that some will say that NT does not reflect the demo that they are targeting and for inline stuff it's true to an extent. HOWEVA....when it comes to Energy i.e. QS or HOH types of releases NT is the ONLY Demo they target.

I strongly believe HOH's were built solely to cater to the sneaker enthusiast and hypebeasts alike. I believe they too failed miserably in that effort. As a dude who has/had access to some of the good stuff, I still got frustrated for my NT bredren, because we are the one's who carry the hype and expand the hype for a limited shoe.

We should be aptly rewarded.... but on the other side of that you have JP who since BEFORE being on the Lebron Line has constantly fought the good fight for trying to get certain colorways to retail in SOME capacity. It hasn't gotten ANY easier since being on the Lebron line.

Marketing is separate from design. Decisions are made sometimes in a vacuum. Basically JP has to sell the idea of why a certain colorway will do well to Marketing.

This of it this way. You are working at Toy Factory and you have kids and you design the Toys. You know what kids will like... you know that you know. You were a kid once and had toys left and right.

But another person in the company.. not YOUR boss but another person in another section of the company's boss is deciding what Toys will go to retail. He has NO kids... and grew up in an orphanage with no toys his damn self.

Well how can THAT person tell you whats best, when all they know is a class they took on toy making and got a degree in it? Well thats basically what you are dealing with when it comes to Nike.

No idea is a good one unless it's the person who's in charge's idea... or they decide to make it their idea. Yes it sounds easy... Put this color out put that one out for mass comsumption.. but from a business standpoint it aint all that easy when the person making the decision isn't that saavy in what an ACTUAL Shoe head wants.

Everyone working at Nike aint a Shoe head and look at things from a COMPLETELY different angle. Giving Lebron the power to decide what CAN and CAN NOT come out I agree is wrong and the worst for us.... but thats just HALF the problem. TRUST ME on that one.

JP is prolly the only dude we got on the inside fighting the good fight and when the anger arises it's def misplaced going towards him on what colors release.

When you all knew Gentry was solely responsible for the colors released on the Jordan side his head was constantly on a platter... and he's GONE and still gets blamed for the crap that releases!!! lol

When you all get the name responsible in Nike Basketball... place that anger there. Hell I cant be angry at Ty... at least he's giving ya'll something... when no one answers questions people get just as heated.

Imagine if Ty never posted the kicks.. half of ya'll wou;dn't know what you were missing to be upset in the first place. Just sayin....

*puts flame suit on*

It's NT after all....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

RDeep, does Lebron really carry that much clout? Nike's one of the top marketing companies out there and they're playing the hype/limited release for what it's worth. This is true across JB and Sportswear. Sure Lebron can request PEs for his camp and contribute to the creative/design process but I'm having a hard time believing that he has the final say on where and whether GRs, QS' and HS' can drop.  

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

RDeep, does Lebron really carry that much clout? Nike's one of the top marketing companies out there and they're playing the hype/limited release for what it's worth. This is true across JB and Sportswear. Sure Lebron can request PEs for his camp and contribute to the creative/design process but I'm having a hard time believing that he has the final say on where and whether GRs, QS' and HS' can drop.  

good info/insight Rock
lol @ at least there won't be a bunch of wild outfits going around

I feel like I'm one of the few that's missing the "beauty" in this shoe. just don't see it...

Back
Top Bottom