THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

good info/insight Rock
lol @ at least there won't be a bunch of wild outfits going around

I feel like I'm one of the few that's missing the "beauty" in this shoe. just don't see it...

Hey I for got to mention C4... I too thought the Miami Nights joints NOT coming out in the US was a blessing in disguise....

They were something Will Smith would have def rocked with a sideways Lime Green Hat on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I know all that info is too much for some to grasp and no pics were attached but as I hate to say it..."it is what it is"

Vood.. as for clout.. put it this way. Imagine this:

Donald Trump has his own line of ties, suits and cuff links and such. When he meets with his Design and Marketing team, he walks in that bish and says.. I want THAT THAT THAT THIS THIS AND THAT.........for me.

The Rest ya'll can put at retail. No one thinks anything of it. It's his line. It makes money EVEN when it hits TJ Maxx and the like. Why shouldn't Lebron be able to do the same thing... at least thats the thinking in HIS mind.

From a company perspective.. think of it this way. When the Birthday IVs dropped.. remember they sat and sat and sat... as did the gold Christmas joints..... and later the Knicks colorway is one of the most coveted...

Nike doesn't like taking a chance on product sitting and hitting clearance. They use research and stats on stuff just like every business on what sells. Black/Red/White. Safe.

However as I mentioned, and I will always bring this point up. The Hoh can sell out of ANY PE thats hyped in hours EVEN if every Hoh and Niketown received 75 to 100 pairs each. Remember the VI? If the Fruity Pebbles released tomorrow out of no where at HOH's only for $250 each they would sell out.

Period. Thing is... To re-release the past Lebrons as we all are looking forward to, means Nike Basketball isn't getting that revenue. Lebron and Nike Sportswear is. Hence the cancellation of the Camo Zoom Gens.

Nike Basketball is holding on to the Lebron Catalog like Michael Jackson held on to the Beatles Catalog. That is worth ALOT of money...and they aren't trying to give it up. Again.. I know its easy to bash on Ty... and I dont know Ty from a lost uncle.. but don't kill the messenger when it's people like him and Nike employees with fake SN's that are the one's providing you good info and pics.

Most of you know if you were in his place you would wonder why people were hatin on you....when all you were doing is sharing info and pics the same way others are.

Just imagine if no one did. NT would be a lonely place to visit.

Hey I for got to mention C4... I too thought the Miami Nights joints NOT coming out in the US was a blessing in disguise....

They were something Will Smith would have def rocked with a sideways Lime Green Hat on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I know all that info is too much for some to grasp and no pics were attached but as I hate to say it..."it is what it is"

Vood.. as for clout.. put it this way. Imagine this:

Donald Trump has his own line of ties, suits and cuff links and such. When he meets with his Design and Marketing team, he walks in that bish and says.. I want THAT THAT THAT THIS THIS AND THAT.........for me.

The Rest ya'll can put at retail. No one thinks anything of it. It's his line. It makes money EVEN when it hits TJ Maxx and the like. Why shouldn't Lebron be able to do the same thing... at least thats the thinking in HIS mind.

From a company perspective.. think of it this way. When the Birthday IVs dropped.. remember they sat and sat and sat... as did the gold Christmas joints..... and later the Knicks colorway is one of the most coveted...

Nike doesn't like taking a chance on product sitting and hitting clearance. They use research and stats on stuff just like every business on what sells. Black/Red/White. Safe.

However as I mentioned, and I will always bring this point up. The Hoh can sell out of ANY PE thats hyped in hours EVEN if every Hoh and Niketown received 75 to 100 pairs each. Remember the VI? If the Fruity Pebbles released tomorrow out of no where at HOH's only for $250 each they would sell out.

Period. Thing is... To re-release the past Lebrons as we all are looking forward to, means Nike Basketball isn't getting that revenue. Lebron and Nike Sportswear is. Hence the cancellation of the Camo Zoom Gens.

Nike Basketball is holding on to the Lebron Catalog like Michael Jackson held on to the Beatles Catalog. That is worth ALOT of money...and they aren't trying to give it up. Again.. I know its easy to bash on Ty... and I dont know Ty from a lost uncle.. but don't kill the messenger when it's people like him and Nike employees with fake SN's that are the one's providing you good info and pics.

Most of you know if you were in his place you would wonder why people were hatin on you....when all you were doing is sharing info and pics the same way others are.

Just imagine if no one did. NT would be a lonely place to visit.

Flamingos aren't that bad on the foot.
apbm09.jpg

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by BronLe

If only the v1 was the 8, the v2 was the 9, and the v3's were no.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Rock - you've got a lot of good points. I know i appreciate seeing the things Ty posts and seeing JP come on and post in here....but we need Lebrons team/entourage/goons/or whoever he's got in his ear to come on and get on our side.

and as for that toy metaphor....A+

with the sneaker industry where it's at right now....and where i think it's going, Nike is going to need US to keep going imo....these dudes are going to get old and be forced out.

The boss' in there need to stop with the nepotism and start hiring people that know they're $#!t to manage/design/market/etc for them.

that blk/red/white v2 would have been PURE GOLD if they released them instead of the v3 version.

there's not ONE single GR/QS/TZ of the v2 in a black based colorway.....w t eff is up with that? v1 has a black base....v3 has....but we gotta deal with a v2 low triple back remix? @#$+ that
laugh.gif

nice pic Ty....they do look good but i wanna get them and make some slight adjustments
devil.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by BronLe

If only the v1 was the 8, the v2 was the 9, and the v3's were no.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Rock - you've got a lot of good points. I know i appreciate seeing the things Ty posts and seeing JP come on and post in here....but we need Lebrons team/entourage/goons/or whoever he's got in his ear to come on and get on our side.

and as for that toy metaphor....A+

with the sneaker industry where it's at right now....and where i think it's going, Nike is going to need US to keep going imo....these dudes are going to get old and be forced out.

The boss' in there need to stop with the nepotism and start hiring people that know they're $#!t to manage/design/market/etc for them.

that blk/red/white v2 would have been PURE GOLD if they released them instead of the v3 version.

there's not ONE single GR/QS/TZ of the v2 in a black based colorway.....w t eff is up with that? v1 has a black base....v3 has....but we gotta deal with a v2 low triple back remix? @#$+ that
laugh.gif

nice pic Ty....they do look good but i wanna get them and make some slight adjustments
devil.gif

Interesting points made Rock.

laugh.gif
@ Ty posting his pair though. You're a wild guy for that one.

Mayhem - I don't think it's nepotism or anything else. Nike has a corporate structure and past success/failure to look at. While we may not agree w/release strategies, they're very aware of what they're doing. Can't say I know the same connects as Rock or Ty but...they're just smart from a corporate P.O.V.

Interesting points made Rock.

laugh.gif
@ Ty posting his pair though. You're a wild guy for that one.

Mayhem - I don't think it's nepotism or anything else. Nike has a corporate structure and past success/failure to look at. While we may not agree w/release strategies, they're very aware of what they're doing. Can't say I know the same connects as Rock or Ty but...they're just smart from a corporate P.O.V.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Man... go away for a few days and come back and.....

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!! S done hit the fan.....

Ty should have put a disclaimer: "Don't shoot the messenger"

I HAVE to play devils advocate on this situation, as I agree in theory with ALOT that's wrong with the Line.... but know alot that goes on business wise... and def. dont agree with it. Also, you guys have to understand.... JP is one of VERY few who actually OPENLY came on this site to respond to critics and answer questions in ALL over Beaverton Oregon.

I've said it once and will repeat. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY frowned upon to come onto Niketalk and speak or release information as YOURSELF. But just know when you walk around the Jerry Rice, Mia Hamm and every other building on campus there are alot of computer screens both MAC and PC with Black and Red on it looking at feedback...

From Jordan to Nike to Converse designers, PLMs and Marketing dudes come to see feedback to information either THEY leaked or had someone else leak here on Niketalk. Not the other commercial sneaker site... THIS ONE.

Its weird that some will say that NT does not reflect the demo that they are targeting and for inline stuff it's true to an extent. HOWEVA....when it comes to Energy i.e. QS or HOH types of releases NT is the ONLY Demo they target.

I strongly believe HOH's were built solely to cater to the sneaker enthusiast and hypebeasts alike. I believe they too failed miserably in that effort. As a dude who has/had access to some of the good stuff, I still got frustrated for my NT bredren, because we are the one's who carry the hype and expand the hype for a limited shoe.

We should be aptly rewarded.... but on the other side of that you have JP who since BEFORE being on the Lebron Line has constantly fought the good fight for trying to get certain colorways to retail in SOME capacity. It hasn't gotten ANY easier since being on the Lebron line.

Marketing is separate from design. Decisions are made sometimes in a vacuum. Basically JP has to sell the idea of why a certain colorway will do well to Marketing.

This of it this way. You are working at Toy Factory and you have kids and you design the Toys. You know what kids will like... you know that you know. You were a kid once and had toys left and right.

But another person in the company.. not YOUR boss but another person in another section of the company's boss is deciding what Toys will go to retail. He has NO kids... and grew up in an orphanage with no toys his damn self.

Well how can THAT person tell you whats best, when all they know is a class they took on toy making and got a degree in it? Well thats basically what you are dealing with when it comes to Nike.

No idea is a good one unless it's the person who's in charge's idea... or they decide to make it their idea. Yes it sounds easy... Put this color out put that one out for mass comsumption.. but from a business standpoint it aint all that easy when the person making the decision isn't that saavy in what an ACTUAL Shoe head wants.

Everyone working at Nike aint a Shoe head and look at things from a COMPLETELY different angle. Giving Lebron the power to decide what CAN and CAN NOT come out I agree is wrong and the worst for us.... but thats just HALF the problem. TRUST ME on that one.

JP is prolly the only dude we got on the inside fighting the good fight and when the anger arises it's def misplaced going towards him on what colors release.

When you all knew Gentry was solely responsible for the colors released on the Jordan side his head was constantly on a platter... and he's GONE and still gets blamed for the crap that releases!!! lol

When you all get the name responsible in Nike Basketball... place that anger there. Hell I cant be angry at Ty... at least he's giving ya'll something... when no one answers questions people get just as heated.

Imagine if Ty never posted the kicks.. half of ya'll wou;dn't know what you were missing to be upset in the first place. Just sayin....

*puts flame suit on*

It's NT after all....
laugh.gif
2880525497_558ff25a94_o.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Man... go away for a few days and come back and.....

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!!! S done hit the fan.....

Ty should have put a disclaimer: "Don't shoot the messenger"

I HAVE to play devils advocate on this situation, as I agree in theory with ALOT that's wrong with the Line.... but know alot that goes on business wise... and def. dont agree with it. Also, you guys have to understand.... JP is one of VERY few who actually OPENLY came on this site to respond to critics and answer questions in ALL over Beaverton Oregon.

I've said it once and will repeat. It is HIGHLY HIGHLY frowned upon to come onto Niketalk and speak or release information as YOURSELF. But just know when you walk around the Jerry Rice, Mia Hamm and every other building on campus there are alot of computer screens both MAC and PC with Black and Red on it looking at feedback...

From Jordan to Nike to Converse designers, PLMs and Marketing dudes come to see feedback to information either THEY leaked or had someone else leak here on Niketalk. Not the other commercial sneaker site... THIS ONE.

Its weird that some will say that NT does not reflect the demo that they are targeting and for inline stuff it's true to an extent. HOWEVA....when it comes to Energy i.e. QS or HOH types of releases NT is the ONLY Demo they target.

I strongly believe HOH's were built solely to cater to the sneaker enthusiast and hypebeasts alike. I believe they too failed miserably in that effort. As a dude who has/had access to some of the good stuff, I still got frustrated for my NT bredren, because we are the one's who carry the hype and expand the hype for a limited shoe.

We should be aptly rewarded.... but on the other side of that you have JP who since BEFORE being on the Lebron Line has constantly fought the good fight for trying to get certain colorways to retail in SOME capacity. It hasn't gotten ANY easier since being on the Lebron line.

Marketing is separate from design. Decisions are made sometimes in a vacuum. Basically JP has to sell the idea of why a certain colorway will do well to Marketing.

This of it this way. You are working at Toy Factory and you have kids and you design the Toys. You know what kids will like... you know that you know. You were a kid once and had toys left and right.

But another person in the company.. not YOUR boss but another person in another section of the company's boss is deciding what Toys will go to retail. He has NO kids... and grew up in an orphanage with no toys his damn self.

Well how can THAT person tell you whats best, when all they know is a class they took on toy making and got a degree in it? Well thats basically what you are dealing with when it comes to Nike.

No idea is a good one unless it's the person who's in charge's idea... or they decide to make it their idea. Yes it sounds easy... Put this color out put that one out for mass comsumption.. but from a business standpoint it aint all that easy when the person making the decision isn't that saavy in what an ACTUAL Shoe head wants.

Everyone working at Nike aint a Shoe head and look at things from a COMPLETELY different angle. Giving Lebron the power to decide what CAN and CAN NOT come out I agree is wrong and the worst for us.... but thats just HALF the problem. TRUST ME on that one.

JP is prolly the only dude we got on the inside fighting the good fight and when the anger arises it's def misplaced going towards him on what colors release.

When you all knew Gentry was solely responsible for the colors released on the Jordan side his head was constantly on a platter... and he's GONE and still gets blamed for the crap that releases!!! lol

When you all get the name responsible in Nike Basketball... place that anger there. Hell I cant be angry at Ty... at least he's giving ya'll something... when no one answers questions people get just as heated.

Imagine if Ty never posted the kicks.. half of ya'll wou;dn't know what you were missing to be upset in the first place. Just sayin....

*puts flame suit on*

It's NT after all....
laugh.gif
2880525497_558ff25a94_o.gif

Back
Top Bottom