THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

I was thinking everyone should just keep arguing the whole thread. Crazy how mad people get over an OPINION

I was thinking everyone should just keep arguing the whole thread. Crazy how mad people get over an OPINION

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....
While I agree with all your points, the simple fact is Nike is sucking off Lebron because he's making them money and vica versa. Whatever Lebron wants, Lebron gets, so if that means exclusive colorways for him and his non +!+##%%@!%@*! factor posse, Nike slurps Lebron some more and does it. 
The whole DJ Clark Kent scenario is some %@$!%%%$, but while you say it doesn't make the shoe line desirable, I think it slightly does, because now dudes are thinking "hype" and "ultra exclusive" and now that particular design becomes desirable, although not even close to attainable. 

In regards to the Miami Nights, I read that the name came from MarqueesSole, like a 'coin-op' name we give kicks, IE: Raptors, Cool Greys, Yankees etc. and that while they resemble Miami Nights, they're weren't called Miami Nights, but Flamingos because of the color and the Flamingos in the Miami settings arts. Again, don't quote me, I just read this on another shoe forum, but I agree that these are Miami Nights based on the colorway / fireworks look etc. 

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....
While I agree with all your points, the simple fact is Nike is sucking off Lebron because he's making them money and vica versa. Whatever Lebron wants, Lebron gets, so if that means exclusive colorways for him and his non +!+##%%@!%@*! factor posse, Nike slurps Lebron some more and does it. 
The whole DJ Clark Kent scenario is some %@$!%%%$, but while you say it doesn't make the shoe line desirable, I think it slightly does, because now dudes are thinking "hype" and "ultra exclusive" and now that particular design becomes desirable, although not even close to attainable. 

In regards to the Miami Nights, I read that the name came from MarqueesSole, like a 'coin-op' name we give kicks, IE: Raptors, Cool Greys, Yankees etc. and that while they resemble Miami Nights, they're weren't called Miami Nights, but Flamingos because of the color and the Flamingos in the Miami settings arts. Again, don't quote me, I just read this on another shoe forum, but I agree that these are Miami Nights based on the colorway / fireworks look etc. 

Do you guys think the market is good right now to sell a pair of DS South Beaches or should I wait a while..Bought them a few months ago but dont like the way they fit after trying them on..

Do you guys think the market is good right now to sell a pair of DS South Beaches or should I wait a while..Bought them a few months ago but dont like the way they fit after trying them on..

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Keep them DS till around the Holidays, and you''ll make even more money.  Say you sell them now for around 800, if you wait till around Christmas, they could be sold for 150% of that amount, so like 1200.  That's IMO.

Keep them DS till around the Holidays, and you''ll make even more money.  Say you sell them now for around 800, if you wait till around Christmas, they could be sold for 150% of that amount, so like 1200.  That's IMO.

09016765a39b3c74946cb9fd4f733f3054e25ce4_r.jpg

smh
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Sell in the very, very near future. Holidays spell saving for gifts and trips.

Sell in the very, very near future. Holidays spell saving for gifts and trips.

Hypothetically (of course), why should someone wait 4 months to make an extra 400 profit when they could just take the 8 and re-invest it?

Hypothetically (of course), why should someone wait 4 months to make an extra 400 profit when they could just take the 8 and re-invest it?

If 404 really is the correct amount of pairs then a state side release is def in the future. the pairs released in asia and europe combined are less than 404, maybe 300 tops, so that would mean there is still some pairs left over for the states. I guess we will know in the near future, I'm glad my pairs are already secured and on the way to me.

If 404 really is the correct amount of pairs then a state side release is def in the future. the pairs released in asia and europe combined are less than 404, maybe 300 tops, so that would mean there is still some pairs left over for the states. I guess we will know in the near future, I'm glad my pairs are already secured and on the way to me.

All this fussing for those lame flamingos aka miami nights. Who cares.

the name "Flamingos" seem to fit the solars more.

All this fussing for those lame flamingos aka miami nights. Who cares.

the name "Flamingos" seem to fit the solars more.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by bmoore34

Rock, I am not doubting what you are saying, BUT as far as Nike listening to NT or any sneakerhead or consumer for that matter. Name one shoe (especially in the Lebron line) that we have been clammering for that they gave us??? I have been around for a while; longer then alot of you guys with thousands of posts & as far back as the Lebron IVs (the pebbles & All stars were to release) & we got NOTHING!!! Pulled at the last minute! The Vs were a fail, so thanks Nike for not dropping any more then you had to of that one! VIs were eh, Then the VII where they just treated us like street booty with the colors, & now the VIIIs.

The only thing Nike has done this year was show me how they are going to earn those outragous profits....... by jacking up the prices on EVERYTHING!!!

The thing is if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT. Show Nike that you wont keep buying there shoes unless they listen to you. If you can get a following to help you with this, then just maybe , JUST MAYBE, Nike will listen when they cant make any profit with the Lebron line. But untill then......keep crying on the net.

smh

Why are you sending shots at dude? He can't express an opinion?

Cornzilla, this guy just started with Lebrons at around the VIs, & now he feels he is the OG just b/c he has a pair of SB. I had 4 pr & sold them all for around $260, except one! He really needs to think before he speaks sometimes!

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by bmoore34

Rock, I am not doubting what you are saying, BUT as far as Nike listening to NT or any sneakerhead or consumer for that matter. Name one shoe (especially in the Lebron line) that we have been clammering for that they gave us??? I have been around for a while; longer then alot of you guys with thousands of posts & as far back as the Lebron IVs (the pebbles & All stars were to release) & we got NOTHING!!! Pulled at the last minute! The Vs were a fail, so thanks Nike for not dropping any more then you had to of that one! VIs were eh, Then the VII where they just treated us like street booty with the colors, & now the VIIIs.

The only thing Nike has done this year was show me how they are going to earn those outragous profits....... by jacking up the prices on EVERYTHING!!!

The thing is if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT. Show Nike that you wont keep buying there shoes unless they listen to you. If you can get a following to help you with this, then just maybe , JUST MAYBE, Nike will listen when they cant make any profit with the Lebron line. But untill then......keep crying on the net.

smh

Why are you sending shots at dude? He can't express an opinion?

Cornzilla, this guy just started with Lebrons at around the VIs, & now he feels he is the OG just b/c he has a pair of SB. I had 4 pr & sold them all for around $260, except one! He really needs to think before he speaks sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom