THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by nobleone6969

Originally Posted by YourFreshness1

Originally Posted by BronLe

Miami Nights are ugly. Make them a GR and they sit.

This is the only way Nike can sell "unique" colorways.

And why are we getting the ugly $*+ 9's on ID? Put out an all black colorway for us to ball in, and their purpose is served.

At first I thought they were keeping them off ID to add sort of exclusivity to Bron's line (like you would never see Air Jordans 1-14 on ID)

But if they doing the 9's, can we at least get the v2 Lows on ID? Cmon son.
I hope the 9's(or any Lebron shoe for that matter) never hits ID. I mean, I doubt it will. Lebron would be ruining his shoe line in the long run. Once he retires, he'll probably have close to how many models, MJ has. And he might continue his line after he retires like MJ
nerd.gif

Lebron is the next Jordan, in terms of shoes?!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! NEVER THAT. THAT COMMENT IS DEAD. JORDAN HAS SNEAKERS THAT MEAN SOMETHING LIKE THE FLU GAMES LAST SHOTS ETC. THIS IS COMING FROM A LONG TIME KNICK FAN WHO HATES JORDAN BUT UNDERSTANDS AND RESPECTS WHAT HE DID FOR THE GAME AND SNEAKER GAME. LEBRON WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE THAT OR DO ANY THING NEAR JORDAN... HE NEEDS TO CATCH KOBE AND SHAQ FIRST WITH MVP'S CHIPS ALLSTAR APPEARANCES ETC.

Chill out man.
The guy is simply talking the next pair of kicks from a basketball player that people look forward to copping. I my self back in 2003 thought that Iverson shoes where the shoes that would be the next jordans, but we all know how that went. Now I can see Lebron line going far. I mean out of all 8 shoes, all of them have classic looks

And why are we getting the ugly $*+ 9's on ID? Put out an all black colorway for us to ball in, and their purpose is served.

At first I thought they were keeping them off ID to add sort of exclusivity to Bron's line (like you would never see Air Jordans 1-14 on ID)

I hope the 9's(or any Lebron shoe for that matter) never hits ID. I mean, I doubt it will. Lebron would be ruining his shoe line in the long run. Once he retires, he'll probably have close to how many models, MJ has. And he might continue his line after he retires like MJ
nerd.gif

Lebron is the next Jordan, in terms of shoes?!! WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! NEVER THAT. THAT COMMENT IS DEAD. JORDAN HAS SNEAKERS THAT MEAN SOMETHING LIKE THE FLU GAMES LAST SHOTS ETC. THIS IS COMING FROM A LONG TIME KNICK FAN WHO HATES JORDAN BUT UNDERSTANDS AND RESPECTS WHAT HE DID FOR THE GAME AND SNEAKER GAME. LEBRON WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE THAT OR DO ANY THING NEAR JORDAN... HE NEEDS TO CATCH KOBE AND SHAQ FIRST WITH MVP'S CHIPS ALLSTAR APPEARANCES ETC.

Chill out man.
The guy is simply talking the next pair of kicks from a basketball player that people look forward to copping. I my self back in 2003 thought that Iverson shoes where the shoes that would be the next jordans, but we all know how that went. Now I can see Lebron line going far. I mean out of all 8 shoes, all of them have classic looks

Rock, I am not doubting what you are saying, BUT as far as Nike listening to NT or any sneakerhead or consumer for that matter. Name one shoe (especially in the Lebron line) that we have been clammering for that they gave us??? I have been around for a while; longer then alot of you guys with thousands of posts & as far back as the Lebron IVs (the pebbles & All stars were to release) & we got NOTHING!!! Pulled at the last minute! The Vs were a fail, so thanks Nike for not dropping any more then you had to of that one! VIs were eh, Then the VII where they just treated us like street booty with the colors, & now the VIIIs.

The only thing Nike has done this year was show me how they are going to earn those outragous profits....... by jacking up the prices on EVERYTHING!!!

Rock, I am not doubting what you are saying, BUT as far as Nike listening to NT or any sneakerhead or consumer for that matter. Name one shoe (especially in the Lebron line) that we have been clammering for that they gave us??? I have been around for a while; longer then alot of you guys with thousands of posts & as far back as the Lebron IVs (the pebbles & All stars were to release) & we got NOTHING!!! Pulled at the last minute! The Vs were a fail, so thanks Nike for not dropping any more then you had to of that one! VIs were eh, Then the VII where they just treated us like street booty with the colors, & now the VIIIs.

The only thing Nike has done this year was show me how they are going to earn those outragous profits....... by jacking up the prices on EVERYTHING!!!

Rock

Although I respect your opinion and I appreciate your knowledge of the inner workings of Nike and all that is Beaverton....it still leaves us in the same place. On one front I agree, JP is the only one who comes in here to defend his position which I appreciate...but his position is contradictory at best....THIS all started with colorways and how we complained that colorways are GIVEN away to cats with connects and "influencer" accounts...He came in and said no other colorways would be out there and Nike controls distribution, then outta no where while we are going back and forth the dude Mayor post an unreleases color on his twitter....Then what could he say??? Argument OVER....

Now this time is a little different....Honestly I dont really care if dudes like CK have connects...you know what, they built relationships over the years and now they have people in the inner workings that take care of them....I respect a dude like Ty who clearly sits in the epicenter of not only Chicago Sneaker World but the Chicago fashion world as well. Ive never met Ty, but I know several people that have...I know people that do business with him...and they all say that the dude is mad cool and knows his $%@%.....I read the blog...I respect the diversity more then anything else....

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....

Again I felt it necessary to respond as there is no negative feelings toward Ty...Honestly I respect the brother because to your point he does post and his input IS respected not only on NikeTalk about all accross the "internets".....I just wanted to reinforce that my anger and frustration with the LINE in total has reached a point of no return....While you dudes call your UK connects...and get raped on the bay....and everywhere else....Just ask yourself....If this is all about business...WHY do you allow this line to make you CHASE there product with your money????

Rock

Although I respect your opinion and I appreciate your knowledge of the inner workings of Nike and all that is Beaverton....it still leaves us in the same place. On one front I agree, JP is the only one who comes in here to defend his position which I appreciate...but his position is contradictory at best....THIS all started with colorways and how we complained that colorways are GIVEN away to cats with connects and "influencer" accounts...He came in and said no other colorways would be out there and Nike controls distribution, then outta no where while we are going back and forth the dude Mayor post an unreleases color on his twitter....Then what could he say??? Argument OVER....

Now this time is a little different....Honestly I dont really care if dudes like CK have connects...you know what, they built relationships over the years and now they have people in the inner workings that take care of them....I respect a dude like Ty who clearly sits in the epicenter of not only Chicago Sneaker World but the Chicago fashion world as well. Ive never met Ty, but I know several people that have...I know people that do business with him...and they all say that the dude is mad cool and knows his $%@%.....I read the blog...I respect the diversity more then anything else....

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....

Again I felt it necessary to respond as there is no negative feelings toward Ty...Honestly I respect the brother because to your point he does post and his input IS respected not only on NikeTalk about all accross the "internets".....I just wanted to reinforce that my anger and frustration with the LINE in total has reached a point of no return....While you dudes call your UK connects...and get raped on the bay....and everywhere else....Just ask yourself....If this is all about business...WHY do you allow this line to make you CHASE there product with your money????

Originally Posted by bmoore34

The thing is if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT. Show Nike that you wont keep buying there shoes unless they listen to you. If you can get a following to help you with this, then just maybe , JUST MAYBE, Nike will listen when they cant make any profit with the Lebron line. But untill then......keep crying on the net.

smh

The thing is if you dont like it, DONT BUY IT. Show Nike that you wont keep buying there shoes unless they listen to you. If you can get a following to help you with this, then just maybe , JUST MAYBE, Nike will listen when they cant make any profit with the Lebron line. But untill then......keep crying on the net.

smh

Originally Posted by Gottips3

smh

My friend I am far from crying. I just made a comment on my observation, not unlike what you do, so please check your little attempt. I understand the don't like it, don't buy it mentality & I do just that if I like it & eveyrone in the world hates it, I buy it, if its the opposite I don't!

smh

My friend I am far from crying. I just made a comment on my observation, not unlike what you do, so please check your little attempt. I understand the don't like it, don't buy it mentality & I do just that if I like it & eveyrone in the world hates it, I buy it, if its the opposite I don't!

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by effiks

Nice

SPAM
I swear, you should have a badge under your name because you're the spam police. You replying SPAM is worst than that dude saying nice, and its not the first time you've done it. 

LAME

Nice

SPAM
I swear, you should have a badge under your name because you're the spam police. You replying SPAM is worst than that dude saying nice, and its not the first time you've done it. 

LAME

smh

Why are you sending shots at dude? He can't express an opinion?

smh

Why are you sending shots at dude? He can't express an opinion?

Originally Posted by casper90403

Nice

SPAM

LAME

Im glad you follow my post so much I guess your a lame too for replying to the spam, if you would like too you can follow me on twitter @theprinceofde

Originally Posted by casper90403

Nice

SPAM

LAME

Im glad you follow my post so much I guess your a lame too for replying to the spam, if you would like too you can follow me on twitter @theprinceofde

nerd.gif

peasant.  Jordan's impact imo is more so the fact that he was the first rather than what he did.  Flu game, Last shot etc etc...sure to someone on NT or a sports fan would understand the impact and importance but the average consumer keeping JB brand alive has no idea about the significane.  JB has become more of an iconic brand based off what was done in the past.  I bring up quality issues with people who rush out to cop every retro released now and the response I get is, "I wasn't  able to get them when I was younger". 

With the Lebron line it is too early to say it will surpass or come close to JB, but 8 years in he's the closest.  Every year we say, once Bron wins we'll see what happens.  Only thing Lebron lacks is we've seen it all already, so that is why I commend anyone and everything that goes into the creative development.  But you can not say it is not possible for Bron to drop 60 against the Knicks while suffering from West Nile Virus (Hence birthing a west nile colorway that everyone wants 20 yrs from now
eyes.gif
) , nobody knows what is going to happen in his career.  No other athlete has the impact that Bron has and will have on the generations coming up.

nerd.gif

peasant.  Jordan's impact imo is more so the fact that he was the first rather than what he did.  Flu game, Last shot etc etc...sure to someone on NT or a sports fan would understand the impact and importance but the average consumer keeping JB brand alive has no idea about the significane.  JB has become more of an iconic brand based off what was done in the past.  I bring up quality issues with people who rush out to cop every retro released now and the response I get is, "I wasn't  able to get them when I was younger". 

With the Lebron line it is too early to say it will surpass or come close to JB, but 8 years in he's the closest.  Every year we say, once Bron wins we'll see what happens.  Only thing Lebron lacks is we've seen it all already, so that is why I commend anyone and everything that goes into the creative development.  But you can not say it is not possible for Bron to drop 60 against the Knicks while suffering from West Nile Virus (Hence birthing a west nile colorway that everyone wants 20 yrs from now
eyes.gif
) , nobody knows what is going to happen in his career.  No other athlete has the impact that Bron has and will have on the generations coming up.

Back
Top Bottom