The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

I don't like Elon, I think he's a megolomaniac liar/fraud .

But

the Cybertruck design is awesome,

all cars look the same now, give me the giant ugly brutalist-cyberpunk-techwear truck.

don't let Elon hatred blind you, the Cybertruck design is flames,

I don’t follow Elon or Tesla. Curious what makes him a megalomaniac, a liar, and a fraud? I only know about his comments during the children being stuck in the cave ordeal.

I don’t follow Elon or Tesla. Curious what makes him a megalomaniac, a liar, and a fraud? I only know about his comments during the children being stuck in the cave ordeal.

Meh. People are just people.

His company is presenting an option that threatens the status quo. The narratives are accordingly established by the current powers that be.

Whole reason we dont have a high speed rail in the US is the airline and auto industries hold on Congress via campaign contributions.

There are extremely rich and powerful people that can only remain that way as long as things stay exactly as they are.

Thats my 2 cents at least.

-He treats his workers like ****. That is completely on him

-He slandered a rescue diver as a pedofile just because the dude said his plan to rescue those Thai kids stuck in that cave would not work

-He blatantly commited Securities fraud on Twitter.

There is more. People can like what Tesla is trying to do, and think Elon is an ***.

And I definitely think dude is an ***

Last edited:
The cave thing, the tunnel thing, the just general lying about time frames and prices, the hubris...

don't get me wrong, He's not a total fraud, he's probably a genius, probably in the long run a positive force in society.

im just saying he's also an lying megalomaniac fraudster, it just so happens that he's also probably a genius. :lol:

His company is presenting an option that threatens the status quo. The narratives are accordingly established by the current powers that be.

Whole reason we dont have a high speed rail in the US is the airline and auto industries hold on Congress via campaign contributions.

There are extremely rich and powerful people that can only remain that way as long as things stay exactly as they are.

This!

Like I would also describe Steve Jobs as a lying megalomaniac fraudster. :lol:

i just think it's important to point these things out, because assuming everything guys like Elon and Jobs do is genius...

leaves you susceptible to the NON-genius, lying megalomaniac fraudsters. :lol:

Like I would also describe Steve Jobs as a lying megalomaniac fraudster. :lol:

i just think it's important to point these things out, because assuming everything guys like Elon and Jobs do is genius...

leaves you susceptible to the NON-genius, lying megalomaniac fraudsters. :lol:
Yep, just look at Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos

One of the greatest scammers to ever do it, and Jobs was her idol.

Last edited:

Ehhh, Telsa is where they are because of government intervention too though

And Musk wants to profit from more of it that will go in his favor (MPG restrictions, carbon taxes)

Musk is extremely rich and powerful and routinely ****s of people that are not.

I agree some go at him because he is a threat to their bottom line but Elon is often an ******* and lair when he doesn't even need to be one. Like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh megalomaniac fraudster.

I agree with lobbying holding up ****. Doesn't only happen with Congress, in fact I would argue at the state and local level it is even worse.

Ehhh, Telsa is where they are because of government intervention too though

And Musk wants to profit from more of it that will go in his favor (MPG restrictions, carbon taxes)

Musk is extremely rich and powerful and routinely ****s of people that are not. I agree some go at him because he is a threat to their bottom line but Elon is often an ******* and lair when he doesn't even need to be one. Like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh megalomaniac fraudster.

I agree with lobbying holding up ****. Doesn't only happen with Congress, in fact it is more of an issue I would argue at the state and local level.

Sold to the highest bidder, under God, with liberty and justice for all.

I mean if we are going to start calling out megalomaniac fraudsters, who are in positions of power and wealth, then Musk aint even in my top 50.

I seent the Model S and Model 3 while I was in Santa Monica. That S is sexy but with my lifestyle I can only cop the 3 so that’s what it’s gonna be for me. Next year when my lease is up

Tesla needs to license independant repair facilities.

They sitting on a whole new job market and aint even using it.

Tesla repair franchises would blow up! Licensed Tesla training at the Tesla academy and Tesla parts / service equipement for the low = Im in.

Teslas break down / have accidents / get old like any other car.

Decrease the barriers of entry so people can buy out of warranty Tesla's w/o worrying about repair costs.

Not one drop of oil in the entire shop.

Damn near could be mobile or work from home with a garage / Quickjack lift.

Tesla needs to license independant repair facilities.

They sitting on a whole new job market and aint even using it.

huh? you don't need to be a "licensed repair facility" from a brand to work on cars :lol:

these aren't iPhones.

Where you gonna get the service software, diagnostic computers, and parts?

u know independent shops who feel like they cater to enough will buy all that stuff on their own?

how you think BMW/Benz/Porsche/Audis outta warranty get serviced?

The only way to DIY repair one Tesla is to salvage parts from a different Tesla at this point.

who told you this? Telsa like any brand will sell you replacement parts for stealership prices, most savvy people resort to salvage ones because its alot more affordable to do so....aka wrenching 101.

who told you this? Telsa like any brand will sell you replacement parts for stealership prices, most savvy people resort to salvage ones because its alot more affordable to do so....aka wrenching 101.

For anyone considering buying a Tesla who is concerned about how their service department works, I had my first service experience with my wife's Model 3. There was nothing faulty with the car. My wife hit something and broke the side mirror. She is a terrible driver. I went to the service location near my office and they were awesome. It took a couple of hours to replace the part, but I was in and out of there within 10 minutes. They gave me a $200 Uber voucher for the whole day and then called me when it was ready. Best experience I've ever had with a car dealer service. They said they weren't going to fix any body damage, but they did touch up the paint where it was chipped and I wasn't even expecting them to do that. The only problem was the price. For parts and labor, it cost me about $600 to fix one side mirror. Other than price, everything else was great.

For anyone considering buying a Tesla who is concerned about how their service department works, I had my first service experience with my wife's Model 3. There was nothing faulty with the car. My wife hit something and broke the side mirror. She is a terrible driver. I went to the service location near my office and they were awesome. It took a couple of hours to replace the part, but I was in and out of there within 10 minutes. They gave me a $200 Uber voucher for the whole day and then called me when it was ready. Best experience I've ever had with a car dealer service. They said they weren't going to fix any body damage, but they did touch up the paint where it was chipped and I wasn't even expecting them to do that. The only problem was the price. For parts and labor, it cost me about $600 to fix one side mirror. Other than price, everything else was great.

this sounds okay along with the light touch up. They didn’t give you a loaner? All those model 3s and S sitting around I’m sure they could of.

this sounds okay along with the light touch up. They didn’t give you a loaner? All those model 3s and S sitting around I’m sure they could of.

There weren't many cars sitting around and the Uber voucher of $200 was way more than anyone would need for a couple of hours. I was the only one at the facility. It was a Tesla service building but not a dealership. They opened it specifically for Model 3 service since so many Model 3s are out there.

When we were shopping for a car Tesla let me take home a Model 3 overnight. That was a great move because it sold us on it.

TESLA hits $420, all time high.
Funding secured? Will it really go private? :lol:
Stock has treated me well so far, short sellers getting completely wiped out and it seems like Tesla is only getting bigger.

Back
Top Bottom