the thread about nothing...

My brother's having an engagement party in a couple of weeks

I want to wear a suit

I don't own one and was just planning on renting one but my Wife says I should just buy one

What do you guys think?

Renting a suit would be like $180 and I know new dress shoes alone would probably cost that
Buy one. If you're on a budget check out a Macy's or JC Penney.

There's also a Suit Supply in DC you can get a nice suit for a good price.

2003-draft-608.jpg

Heading to an outdoor wedding in 2 weeks back in Chicago.

It's going to be like 88 degrees.

Am I wrong for NOT wearing the suit jacket, and just showing up in shirt tie and the rest of the outfit?

Truly appreciate the support only 60 more to go.
This money management principle video going to take longer than I thought. I want it to be perfect so rushing it is not in the plans. Keep telling myself to be patient. Truly hope these principles help people the same way it has helped me. 

I blow money [emoji]128533[/emoji]

Am I wrong for NOT wearing the suit jacket, and just showing up in shirt tie and the rest of the outfit?
No, I don't think so. If you're a guest, I don't see a problem with it.

What are you, an Eskimo?

You'll be fine wearing that.

I've gone to weddings in 100 degree weather in a full suit, not a big deal.

Unless you're the type to always wear basketball shorts underneath your clothes.

Dress in everything but the jacket, and sling that over your arm. When you get to a seat, hang the jacket on the seatback. That way if there are pics etc you can just throw it on real quick, but otherwise not be sweating like crazy.

Just carry the suit jacket on your arm.

Put it on for pictures.

Literally only knew one person with the original iPhone (my gf at the time) when it dropped. Definitely never thought it would be this successful.

had the first iphone...loved it. The internet browser on a phone was a game changer. I was always (still am) bad at the touch keyboard. Was always a fan of keys. But i remember trying to use mobile internet on like those old black berrys or the old pda's (personal assistant things with the terrible pen if anyone remembers those)

When they were like you can get on the real, regular internet...on a phone. I was like i need that right now! This was at the time when a mobile website version didn't exist. So internet on other phones was like 4 sites...or pushing a mouse around a giant screen that was like a word on the screen and you could never navigate anything or zoom or anything

Literally never owned an iPhone. Not because I didn't want to but I was always on my family plan at t-mobile and never switched

I can afford to switch out of my family plan now but I'm happy with my galaxy

10 yrs ago, give or take, I distinctly remember my best friend saying about his girl 'Idk if I can get serious with this new chick. Idk if I like her as much as she likes me. It might not work out'

Ten years later they're married with a kid and another kid on the way lol

Of course I did not me mention any of this in my best man speech lol

Last edited:
My brother's having an engagement party in a couple of weeks

I want to wear a suit

I don't own one and was just planning on renting one but my Wife says I should just buy one

What do you guys think?

Renting a suit would be like $180 and I know new dress shoes alone would probably cost that
Buy a suit. A man has to have one at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom