the thread about nothing...

nh should be banned for a week or tan thread banned for life.
It only seems fair.

you mean like a test? just to see how things go?

I got hooked to Lost by season 3. I'm on season 4 now. First they were doing flashbacks, now they're doing flash forwards. Mind blown. Charlie was a corn ball, but his death pretty sad. Hurley is so lame. I accidentally looked at the cast on imdb and I saw that his character is in all the episodes. He should have been the first to go. Ben is the ultimate liar. John is turning into a corn ball as well. Sawyer is my fav. character, dude brings the lulz. Jack must have the most rustled jimmies on the planet. Who the .... is Jacob?(rhetorical)

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys watch Bob's burgers but tonight's episode was one of the best.

Love the show and here's a little fun fact. If you've ever watched Archer then his voice should sound familiar.
Bob=Archer
My mind was blown when I figured this out :lol:

been watchin walkin dead since football went off.
don't watch much tv outside of sports, but this show is the biz

chill with the posting of music. that doesnt belong in here.

Last edited:
can we post "check my feed or recent posts"?
To help people make the adjustment, sure.  One week from now, I'd rather not see people posting "hey, I'm listening to a cool song - check my feed" every day.  That would qualify as spam in pretty much any other context.  (e.g. "hey guys, I just listed this shoe in the buy/sell forum!"  "You need to check out my new thread in S&T!  My fantasy team needs help!"  "look at my new outfit in wdywt!")

The Thread About Nothing ≠ The Thread About Everything
i understand your desire/need to avoid making this thread a "mini niketalk for 35 people" and will respect the ROC and your wishes. but i must say that in the one year this thread has been open, i have experienced more of a sense of community than in my previous years of being a user.
That can be expanded to the forums at large.  It just involves broadening the social circle a bit and involving others.  

I can't run two boards: one for everyone, and one for 35 people who don't want to play with the other children. 

We have a lot of tools now that should make it easier to keep up with friends' activities on NT.  It doesn't benefit the community for people to discuss the Seahawks game in the Sports & Training forum, where everyone can be involved, and then have a "mini-discussion" for 7 people here just because they don't WANT to visit the real thread.  

You know how people always justify posting stuff in the General forum that doesn't belong here "because [they] wanted to know what General thought about it"?  It's a poor excuse.  We don't want people posting about the Yeezy 2 in General "to see what General thinks" or to post about where to find the best barbershop in Utica, NY in the General forum because it'll get more attention there than in the NE Regional forum.  For the same reasons, we don't want people taking content that already HAS a place on the site and jamming it into this thread "just because."  

What's more welcoming:  

1) a bunch of tables labeled by interest, where you can meet new people with whom you share something in common

2) your average high school cafeteria, where each table represents its own little clique.  

The community works best when people circulate.  Checking in to a thread like this is fine, and if you develop a sense of community that's great: but it can't be a replacement for NikeTalk in and of itself.  It is MUCH easier to keep up with multiple discussions now that we have the new on-site subscriptions feature.  Open a second tab pointed to the front page and you can just flip back and see all of the updates in real time - or just click the NikeTalk logo in the upper right at any to jump back to the home page.  

I'm fine with this thread as long as it serves a purpose for the community AT LARGE.  If it's creating redundancies, then all the "wasted resources" allegations are substantiated. 

sometimes when i click on a spoiler it doesnt open and my page goes all the way to the top...this happens to anyone else?

i busted out some new timbs last night.. 

it was all good until this sexy *** light skinned girl scuffed the hell out of them with her cheap *** shoes. 

mean.gif

I lost my other username during the forum change. I took over a month off from posting on NT, but I would still lurk this thread. It had some random, but good information overall. It feels good to be back NT 
nthat.gif

So guise... Who's ready for this week?

I'm not :x
I wish I could go back to friday, and play the weekend on repeat.

But then again.. On friday we didn't have TAN... Hmmm.... Nvm...

i wanna get 2k13 but i wanna win a championship in 2k10 myplayer mode first...i will lead my sixers to a championship :frown: .....i know there's a thread, but it's random and it doesn't contribute to the 2k13 thread.

Back
Top Bottom