the thread about nothing...

About 5 years ago, my friend was about to be deployed and he posted on FB to message him if anyone wants his address for anything. So I messaged him and asked him how long he was going to be there and that I plan to send him something. I was putting together a care package, starting off with merchandise of his favorite sports team. Then I got into a car accident, work got hectic, and life caught up to me. So I didn't get to finish the care package and obviously didn't mail it. In the back of my mind, I think he's probably upset with me. We haven't had any interaction since and even prior to this situation, we touched based once in a blue moon. Well today I signed on to facebook and see that he sent me a friend request, which I hardly get these days. It looks like he got a new account. I am kind of conflicted as to what to do.

About 5 years ago, my friend was about to be deployed and he posted on FB to message him if anyone wants his address for anything. So I messaged him and asked him how long he was going to be there and that I plan to send him something. I was putting together a care package, starting off with merchandise of his favorite sports team. Then I got into a car accident, work got hectic, and life caught up to me. So I didn't get to finish the care package and obviously didn't mail it. In the back of my mind, I think he's probably upset with me. We haven't had any interaction since and even prior to this situation, we touched based once in a blue moon. Well today I signed on to facebook and see that he sent me a friend request, which I hardly get these days. It looks like he got a new account. I am kind of conflicted as to what to do.
Accept it and tell him what happened and how you feel bad about it

2 of my boys at work got promotions. Im happy for them
1 became a senior. He started 6 months after me
1 became a manger. He started 3 months before me.
It reassures me that im making the right choice in leaving the company
(We're all in different departments btw)

I got semi-promotion with only being about a 1 1/2 months at the job.

Just gonna apart of the night crew with a minimal pay increase for the new project that will last exactly six months from June. Which is perfect cause that’s the time I’m gonna dipped.

We talk about million dollar scenarios at work and dude asked an interesting/funny one.

Would you wear a MAGA hat literally everyday for the next 5 years for a million dollars.

We talk about million dollar scenarios at work and dude asked an interesting/funny one.

Would you wear a MAGA hat literally everyday for the next 5 years for a million dollars.
The problem is that people think the MAGA hat represents racism. It is possible to be a Trump supporter and not be racist.

Yes. Take out the MAGA. Now it’s just a red hat. Easy million dollars. Didn’t say you can’t cover up the MAGA

Just wear? If confronted can I say I'm being paid $1M to do it? And can I explain I'm not a Trump supporter? Easy yes if so.

Still leaning towards yes even if I can't. $1M is worth some dirty looks over 5 years.

Thr majority of the products and services you patronize are probably owned and run by racists and xenophobes. Life is too short to worry about matters that you have little to no control.
You're comparing apples to oranges, everybody knows that there's no ethical consumption under capitalism (that goes for wants or needs). If you support a bigot because they might add a couple of zeros to your bank account, you're tolerating bigotry (something you don't have to do).

Very simple.

You're comparing apples to oranges, everybody knows that there's no ethical consumption under capitalism (that goes for wants or needs). If you support a bigot because they might add a couple of zeros to your bank account, you're tolerating bigotry (something you don't have to do).

Very simple.
Nobody is perfect, you can find flaws in everyone even the past presidents. If someone accepts this hat offer, I am not going to judge.

Just wear? If confronted can I say I'm being paid $1M to do it? And can I explain I'm not a Trump supporter? Easy yes if so.

Still leaning towards yes even if I can't. $1M is worth some dirty looks over 5 years.
Yes you can explain.

Are you receiving the money over time or once 5 years is up you receive all of it?
Money all upfront. But you lose it all of you don't wear it one day.

Back
Top Bottom