the thread about nothing...

Haven't hooped with strangers at all this year. Whenever I go to the park it's me & my brother & all we do is play 1 on 1. No way in hell am I going to ball when their is a pandemic going on & being breathed on by strangers + while they're sweating. It amazes me how sooo many people at the parks are so nonchalant about it & think it's ok to hoop with strangers given the current situation the world is in. We've been approached to run fulls or 3's but we politely decline each time

almost all the outdoor rims were removed where I am at but i still have seen people regularly playing soccer without a care since the trump virus started
That's wild because like basketball, soccer too is a contact sport & players are in close proximity to other players who are probably breathing hard. I guess people either just don't learn until something tragic happens to them due to the virus or after some point they no longer care w.e. happens happens approach because they just want to live their lives the way they lived it before the pandemic started-gives them a sense of normalcy? maybe. They removed all the rims in my area too but put em back on early May & they've remained on since

:lol: @ Calling it the Trump virus.

Yea, HE could have done more to make people feel like it wasn't some HOAX, but people have the ability to decipher info for themselves.

A LOT of DUMB Americans allowed a FOOL to give them false info and they blindly followed it.

Dumb Leader
Many DUmb FOllowers

The NBA going to the Bubble annoyed me because it gave Youth Sports organizations the Green Light to start activity back up.

I KNOW all these folks aren't getting TESTED.

The Temperature Check is a bare minimum, maybe that is being done in some areas but I see too many kids out here playing sports.

almost all the outdoor rims were removed where I am at but i still have seen people regularly playing soccer without a care since the trump virus started

not gonna lie, I’ve been tempted to hit an open court run since the Trump virus started. They didn’t take any hoops down from outdoor courts and I see folks still playing 5on5. I’ve literally drove to the courts, then backed out.
3FDC2A8E-9740-46C5-9FCE-8E6552DC8657.gif

not gonna lie, I’ve been tempted to hit an open court run since the Trump virus started. They didn’t take any hoops down from outdoor courts and I see folks still playing 5on5. I’ve literally drove to the courts, then backed out.
3FDC2A8E-9740-46C5-9FCE-8E6552DC8657.gif
Don't do it bro. You don't know where them people on the court have been or what they have...just not worth the risk. Can you ball with siblings/cousins any kind of family members? If not, shoot around by yourself or go on a jog. Atleast jogging will give you similar cardio compared to ball in terms of intensity & duration

Unpopular decision based on those who have responded.... but yeah I am hoopin.

🤷‍♂️
Hoopin with family people you know? Or complete strangers? I'm assuming strangers- how do you feel when another player who you don't know breathes all up on you while he's guarding you or you're boxing out downlow? It doesn't make you even a little uneasy at the very least? Do you high five/handshake during & after the games?

Hoopin with family people you know? Or complete strangers? I'm assuming strangers- how do you feel when another player who you don't know breathes all up on you while he's guarding you or you're boxing out downlow? It doesn't make you even a little uneasy at the very least? Do you high five/handshake during & after the games?
I mean i know plenty of them but it’s what you’re considering as strangers. Guys that have been hooping in my area for years. It just has moved from LA fitness to a church gym. They do temperature checks. At the end of the day we just accept the risk and move on. A lot of people I know have had it. My wife had it and for all i know I had it, but it didn’t hit me too bad. Time to live

Yup, gave up team sports until this clears up. Bicycle riding and jogging is my new outlet.
Man bicycle riding ain't easy if you don't do it routinely. Haven't biked at all post early teen years. After age 14 all I ever did for exercise was play ball hours on end. When my older brother got married him & his wife got bikes. I got on his like ehh this brings back memories & is boutta be fun. Boy was I wrong!!! **** had me huffin & puffin breathing like a mad man lol. All my legs muscles were soo sore & ached. That was the last time I was on a bike. I give props to all people who do it regularly as leisure or commute on their bicycles- that **** is NOT easy. And the most prop worthy imo are the ones who go biking in the mountains- on dirt & trails

Man bicycle riding ain't easy if you don't do it routinely. Haven't biked at all post early teen years. After age 14 all I ever did for exercise was play ball hours on end. When my older brother got married him & his wife got bikes. I got on his like ehh this brings back memories & is boutta be fun. Boy was I wrong!!! **** had me huffin & puffin breathing like a mad man lol. All my legs muscles were soo sore & ached. That was the last time I was on a bike. I give props to all people who do it regularly as leisure or commute on their bicycles- that **** is NOT easy. And the most prop worthy imo are the ones who go biking in the mountains- on dirt & trails

All truth!

Ive been bicycle riding for 15 years now so I’m used to it. 100+ degree day and I’d still be out there in the sunshine doing my thing. I do miss basketball but right now it’s just not a smart thing to do.

I grew up on Kobe and started playing because of him, so that's who I always modeled my game after.

However, I'm 6'3 so I'm usually playing the paint, (since I'm most likely the tallest one on the court) even though I'm technically a guard.

the ones who feel obligated to play in the paint because they are the tallest are normally trash af...at least from my experiences

Haven't hooped with strangers at all this year. Whenever I go to the park it's me & my brother & all we do is play 1 on 1. No way in hell am I going to ball when their is a pandemic going on & being breathed on by strangers + while they're sweating. It amazes me how sooo many people at the parks are so nonchalant about it & think it's ok to hoop with strangers given the current situation the world is in. We've been approached to run fulls or 3's but we politely decline each time
bruv my old group of ball friends still play every week smh

the ones who feel obligated to play in the paint because they are the tallest are normally trash af...at least from my experiences
Not "obligated" but if I'm the tallest on the floor, why would I run point against dudes who can't even grab rim ? While my 5'6 teammates are getting bullied down low. :lol:

Somebody gotta grab boards and....
200w.gif

Played ball a few times.

At some point the risk is normalized mentally. Same reason people drive cars, don’t worry about the flu etc. I’m still scared enough of this (not for myself but for parents older people etc) that I wear a mask when i’m around them just in case.

Everything is a risk - we have a choice on which ones to engage in and which ones not to.

Technically, given the global death toll, makes sense to me that we should give a similar amount of attention to automating cars so that unnecessary deaths from accidents and drunk driving don’t happen.

Back
Top Bottom