the thread about nothing...

EtgrYDdXAAE1c5w.jpg

Well that seems unnecessarily aggressive.

The same could be said of the initial complaint.

You’ll understand if I’m a little weary of all the entitlement from people who will scroll through full page ad after full page ad on a monopolistic social media site that exists to track, predict, and modify user behavior, then come here and scream bloody murder because we give them a choice between an ad-supported product and a low cost annual subscription whose fees are donated entirely to charity less any PayPal/credit card transaction fees.

I don’t know what time-proof bubble people think NikeTalk exists within, but the cost of nearly everything has been going up due to ongoing supply chain issues and a lack of competition. That includes NikeTalk’s expenses.

If you’re essentially telling the staff that you like the service we offer, but you’d be happier if we offered it to you at a loss, you’re treating us like servants. Forgive me if I don’t scrape and bow in response.

This isn’t saying “deal with malfunctioning ads and shut up.” I’ve already provided reporting information for ads that are inappropriate or otherwise impairing the functionality of the site. In those cases, we at least need screen shots of the problem.

“The site is unusable now” is hyperbole. I use NikeTalk at least as much as you do and I have ads enabled. Vague, general complaints don’t constitute actionable feedback. What am I supposed to do with that? Pull all the ads down and run the site entirely out of pocket?

If the complaint is just that you don’t like ads, the remedy is, as I said, to upgrade your account or sell your personal information to a big tech company and its partners, which is the actual cost of the “free” social media services you’re getting elsewhere.

What alternatives do you think we realistically have here?

We could start a “free” Discord if you don’t want any forum features, you’re fine abandoning all of our existing content, you pay the same subscription fee just to use emotes, you’re fine with a tech company tracking every game or application you use, and you’re not worried about how the service may change once their investors inevitably start demanding an actual return.

Didnt read the rest because I couldnt disagree more with this statement.

Mans literally says "I might be wrong" in the initial "complaint", or the post that you responded to. Even going back to his original posts it says "last update has not been so great. " How in the hell is that unnecessarily aggressive?

Didnt read the rest because I couldnt disagree more with this statement.

Mans literally says "I might be wrong" in the initial "complaint", or the post that you responded to. Even going back to his original posts it says "last update has not been so great. " How in the hell is that unnecessarily aggressive?

Unsurprisingly, the answer is in the part you didn’t read.

$25 for no ads for a year.

Basically, $1 every 2 weeks, to not deal with it, and some of you are on here every day, that’s fair for sure.

How bad is it?
Idk what severity means toward the question but like rigid, non-smooth nail, thick, painful. Are you familiar or something? :lol: Don’t know if I got this at Lifetime or what. But I’ve had it for a while, I thought it’d eventually go away.

You’ll understand if I’m a little weary of all the entitlement from people who will scroll through full page ad after full page ad on a monopolistic social media site that exists to track, predict, and modify user behavior, then come here and scream bloody murder because we give them a choice between an ad-supported product and a low cost annual subscription whose fees are donated entirely to charity less any PayPal/credit card transaction fees.

I don’t know what time-proof bubble people think NikeTalk exists within, but the cost of nearly everything has been going up due to ongoing supply chain issues and a lack of competition. That includes NikeTalk’s expenses.

If you’re essentially telling the staff that you like the service we offer, but you’d be happier if we offered it to you at a loss, you’re treating us like servants. Forgive me if I don’t scrape and bow in response.

This isn’t saying “deal with malfunctioning ads and shut up.” I’ve already provided reporting information for ads that are inappropriate or otherwise impairing the functionality of the site. In those cases, we at least need screen shots of the problem.

“The site is unusable now” is hyperbole. I use NikeTalk at least as much as you do and I have ads enabled. Vague, general complaints don’t constitute actionable feedback. What am I supposed to do with that? Pull all the ads down and run the site entirely out of pocket?

If the complaint is just that you don’t like ads, the remedy is, as I said, to upgrade your account or the or sell your personal information to a big tech company and its partners, which is the actual cost of the “free” social media services you’re getting elsewhere.

What alternatives do you think we realistically have here?

We could start a “free” Discord if you don’t want any forum features, you’re fine abandoning all of our existing content, you pay the same subscription fee just to use emotes, you’re fine with a tech company tracking every game or application you use, and you’re not worried about how the service may change once their investors inevitably start demanding an actual return.

All honesty, I was only talking about the mobile site performance of the upgrade. Not the fact that they’re so many ads or a privacy issue.

You made an assumption and reacted as if I was being self entitled. Funny your reply was just that - entitlement - either pay or leave or shut up. :lol:

Was just trying to see if I was the only one having the issue. I remembered posting 2 weeks ago in here asking if people were having issues of delays.

It’s cool, I work as a software engineer so I know how frustrating working with an end-users that’s not providing clear details of an issue can be.

However, I was clear about the spacing issue with the like button and the placement of the YouTube videos. No worries, I put it in the site help/suggestion thread.

Last edited:
Yeah, went back and read the rest after I got that off my chest.

And no. The answer to my question was not in there.

There was a paragraph making assumptions on people's internet usage.

There was a paragraph about inflation affecting everyone.

Then the next two paragraphs almost address the question I asked, however your framing of his request is far more extreme than what I feel he intended as I read his posts.

Next paragraph again is built on a statement that wasnt made.

And your last 3 sentences go back to the unnecessary aggression.

Continuing this however is futile as we're seeing two different realities here. I can certainly understand being exasperated about site complaints. Feels like you took this out on the wrong complaint though.
Unsurprisingly, the answer is in the part you didn’t read.

Idk what severity means toward the question but like rigid, non-smooth nail, thick, painful. Are you familiar or something? :lol: Don’t know if I got this at Lifetime or what. But I’ve had it for a while, I thought it’d eventually go away.

My nephew had it way back. Think it was just a mild case. I just recall him saying he had a nail clipper dedicated to just that nail. Using the same one can spread it to other nails. Think he was using a cream to treat it.

My nephew had it way back. Think it was just a mild case. I just recall him saying he had a nail clipper dedicated to just that nail. Using the same one can spread it to other nails. Think he was using a cream to treat it.
I’ve had the same fingernail clipper and separately the same toenail clipper since before I had this, and it hasn’t spread, but good to know. I saw there’s some topical cream called Jubila/other generics that I could get prescribed. I don’t know if your nephew did that.

Feel disgusting talking about this :lol:

All honesty, I was only talking about the mobile site performance of the upgrade. Not the fact that they’re so many ads or a privacy issue.

You made an assumption and reacted as if I was being self entitled. Funny your reply was just that - entitlement - either pay or leave or shut up. :lol:

Was just trying to see if I was the only one having the issue. I remembered posting 2 weeks ago in here asking if people were having issues of delays.

It’s cool, I work as a software engineer so I know how frustrating working with an end-users that’s not providing clear details of an issue can be.

However, I was clear about the spacing issue with the like button and the placement of the YouTube videos. No worries, I put it in the site help/suggestion thread.
Your first post didn’t mention the ads, but was a vague, general complaint. As a software engineer, what would you do with that?

The second post suggests ads as the culprit, and that’s the sentiment I addressed. If you don’t like the ads, there is already a solution. That’s not “entitlement” because at no point does it assume the community is entitled to your support. It lays out the conditions under which that is possible. “I don’t want to pay for your service, but I also don’t want to see ads” is not a viable option. That is entitlement.

There hasn’t been a software update yet this year, and there was a large thread dedicated to addressing issues regarding the last update in December. If you have something specific that we can work with, you’re welcome to add it there. Most users have reported that their initial issues with that update have since been rectified.

I saw your feedback about the “like” button. The only real way to handle it would be to introduce extra padding between the like button and the end of every single post, since it can’t realistically be done conditionally, if and only if a post ends with a YouTube video on a mobile device.

If others share the same concerns and would like us to take that action, we can do so.

Yeah, went back and read the rest after I got that off my chest.

And no. The answer to my question was not in there.

There was a paragraph making assumptions on people's internet usage.

There was a paragraph about inflation affecting everyone.

Then the next two paragraphs almost address the question I asked, however your framing of his request is far more extreme than what I feel he intended as I read his posts.

Next paragraph again is built on a statement that wasnt made.

And your last 3 sentences go back to the unnecessary aggression.

Continuing this however is futile as we're seeing two different realities here. I can certainly understand being exasperated about site complaints. Feels like you took this out on the wrong complaint though.
Perhaps you believe that it’s my obligation to be an infinite wellspring of patience for vague, hyperbolic, and un-actionable complaints.

It isn’t.

We started with a site performance complaint specific to a particular user. It then branched into a general complaint about advertising.

I gave a reply first thing in the morning containing a suggestion for what was (1) a vague, isolated performance issue that may or may not have had anything to do with NikeTalk and (2) a general complaint about ads. You personally felt that reply was too terse. You’re entitled to that opinion.

It doesn’t make “I don’t want to see ads and I don’t want to pay for the website” complaints any more reasonable. I’ve provided some context for the advertising situation and provided an alternative for users who still feel they can’t accept the ads.

The account upgrade option we offer to users who, for whatever reason, cannot accept the advertising largely comes out of pocket. It blocks our primary revenue stream and we consistently deny popular secondary streams like “sponsored guest posts” or the sale of user data. We don’t even apply the cost of the account upgrades to our expenses; we’ve been donating our share of the upgrade fees to charity - pre-tax.

I’m not aware of many other sites that offer such subscriptions at a loss, with the proceeds going to charity.

If the response is “that’s not generous enough and I still don’t want to see ads,” I believe I have every right to treat that scenario as you might a customer in a store who likes the merchandise but refuses to pay for it.

You think “continuing this conversation is futile?” Well, that’s what I thought about the initial complaints. So if you’re allowed to cut things off if and when you deem them unproductive, I believe I’m permitted the same liberty.

Back
Top Bottom