the thread about nothing...

sneeker sneeker yeah man, it was a crappy experience. I have only run into one of them (platonic one) and I was over it at the time. I was very polite and just said a quick hello. Not much needed to said there but the sexual one I’m pretty sure I’d hide my face and run behind a tree :lol: :blush:
Wow bro, you really went the safe route by leaving all social media behind for a time. I’m glad you didn’t catch anything off that playgirl too.
I was a young adult, never really considered safe sex. family was glad I didn't father a lot of children out of wedlock. they were scared for me. guess a was that reckless. I did however catch something somewhere else (more likely a place than from someone). got herpes and it was painful. I guess since I was active and doing it wherever, I could have gotten it from the sheets or bed. besides, I was sickly back then so I was prone to infections. glad my partners never got it.

sneeker sneeker ouch man, sorry to hear it. That’s something that goes away though, right? Not like a “forever” std?

On another note, damn it feels good to get smiles from cute girls. zmaqbool zmaqbool I think I’ll give credit to my Mopar SnapBack 😁

I was a young adult, never really considered safe sex. family was glad I didn't father a lot of children out of wedlock. they were scared for me. guess a was that reckless. I did however catch something somewhere else (more likely a place than from someone). got herpes and it was painful. I guess since I was active and doing it wherever, I could have gotten it from the sheets or bed. besides, I was sickly back then so I was prone to infections. glad my partners never got it.
Surprising it may sound, I think people back then weren't that particularly conscious nor much careful with regards to sex. Guess I'm still lucky not getting worse than that. I mean even if people are infected, the women didn't really care even if they were aware.

The amount of crimes I would’ve committed to be this kid in the 80s:
IMG_9200.jpeg

sneeker sneeker ouch man, sorry to hear it. That’s something that goes away though, right? Not like a “forever” std?

On another note, damn it feels good to get smiles from cute girls. zmaqbool zmaqbool I think I’ll give credit to my Mopar SnapBack 😁
From what I learned and studied, it is like mumps or chicken pox. You'll recover and get healthy. It is in your system but isn't contagious. You'll get some symptoms if you get really really sick like worst kind of sickness for those symptoms to show up. The only time that it's contagious is on the initial transmission ( first time ) like I said, it's like chicken pox.

Early 2005ish I worked front desk at a YMCA, me and my homeboy called one of the lifeguards Big Ellie but we always said it like LL does in the song. She reported us and said we were making fun of her weight, but it truly was just a nickname. We gave them to everyone word to my boys Powder and Terry Funk. In hindsight I can see now how it was mean and uncalled for 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

Seemed like nicknames were given and received more freely back then.

I remember my bro cutting my hair too short. I ended up cutting it all off and going to school the next day. The top of my skull was kinda lumpy and I never noticed that since I’ve always had long hair. The first friend I ran into said I looked like a Mexican Usher Raymond :rofl:

Nicknames were terms of endearment, or just an easy way to identify you. My crew had multiple Mikes, Chris's, and Roberts. Somebody had to be big bob and Skinny Mike🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

Dirty Skirty was a nickname for a big girl that always wore jean skirts to school

Chewbacca was a name for another girl who kicked a guy in the nuts at school

Limo Face was a guy who won the magazine selling contest and got to go in a limo for a pizza party, and got pied by someone who got 2nd, on his way out for some reason

Big Red for a red headed guy who always wore trench coats and gave out gum like it was drugs, he looked both ways when giving it to you

Super Inflatable Tube Man for a guy that was tall and skinny

There are a million more I’m sure

Nicknames were terms of endearment, or just an easy way to identify you. My crew had multiple Mikes, Chris's, and Roberts. Somebody had to be big bob and Skinny Mike🤣🤷🏾‍♂️
Through online gaming, I gained the nickname "Void" (the English word, not the Dutch version) online and eventually amongst my closest friends I played CoD with etc I almost never heard my real name again.
Over the past 15 years or so, this has now spread to the point of almost anyone in my longtime close circle, even their parents and girl- or boyfriends, only referring to me as "Void."
For reference, my actual name is Joachim.

One of my friends lives in the same street as me and his parents live a bit further down the block. Sometimes I run into them in the local convenience store or something and I'll hear "Oh hey Void"

Last edited:
Seemed like nicknames were given and received more freely back then.

I remember a few from my high school:
Triangle face - girl legit had a triangle face
Disgusting - an ugly dude everyone called him this lol

actually after those first two i see why it’s probably not a good idea lol
There was a girl in my HS with the nickname Scrotum and another kid with the nickname Grody Face.
80s and 90s were brutal for in-person bullying, but no way would I want to be a teen with social media. Strangers roasting you!

There was a girl in my HS with the nickname Scrotum and another kid with the nickname Grody Face.
80s and 90s were brutal for in-person bullying, but no way would I want to be a teen with social media. Strangers roasting you!

lol okay one more there was this girl at our college we all called cockmouth lolol but she gave the abosolute best top and she loved doing it so she actually liked that we called her that 😂 don’t know her real name

Honestly I don't really remember hearing much bullying through nicknames in highschool. What I did hear about or witness was almost entirely homophobic stuff, calling people the F-word etc. My school was predominantly white, for the record.
I was faced any real bullying thankfully, in large part due to having very popular friends because in my first HS year (7th grade) I was definitely a stereotypical nerd in all black with a metal band t-shirt on. I most definitely wasn't popular but I became good friends with the popular kids in our area of our school because a lot of them took the same bike route to school so eventually we all cycled together and became friends. So because I was known to hang around in that crowd, bullies tended to leave me alone. Those popular kids were all great folks tbh, and I saw the more jacked dudes step in if they saw someone getting bullied in 'our area of the school'. Overall I'd describe that group more as laid back hippies than the stereotypical douchebag frat bro imagery most would think of when hearing "the popular kids."

Our school was divided in 3 separate areas depending on the type of classes you took.
A levels was the the hardest and intended for students who expect to go to college/university after graduation. The 'classes' (think of 'majors' in the US), were like Greek-Latin, Latin, 8h/week math, 6h/week math, and then Humane Sciences. Graduating in A levels is worthless if you don't go to college/university after.

C levels in terms of education is very very minimal education and focuses on preparing you for a manual labor job immediately upon graduation. It's sole purpose is to make you fully prepared to immediately go to work or start a business as a construction worker, electrician, hairdresser, ...
The level of education is so low that only 3% of people who graduated HS in C levels pass any attempt at college/university, which is heavily discouraged.

B levels was kind of an inbetween. Unlike A levels, you also graduate with a business license like C levels. But the classes here are less hard than A levels and tend to push you more in direction of sales jobs, office management, ... etc. It's basically a middleground. College/university isn't required but it also isn't discouraged.

So our school was kinda segregated in that way, which is kinda wild looking back at it as an adult. Our A levels' building was much bigger, mode modern and far more cozy in terms of couches etc.
Each level of education had their own area. Bullying was a lot more rampant in the C and B levels areas of the school from what I heard.

Admittedly when I was in the 2nd grade, a black boy joined our entirely white school and I'm ashamed to admit I initially bullied him right on his first day by referring to him as "chocolate jar", something I probably picked up from having an extremely racist dad. I had never seen or met a black person irl before at that time but my dad was extremely racist and frequently used the n-word if my mom wasn't around.
Thankfully my mom heard about the new student the same day and was notified that I and a few others kept mocking him as "chocolate jar", so she took away my Gameboy for a month though and gave me a thorough lesson to condemn anything my dad said about black people, to call others out for it and to never partake in any racism ever again.
We all apologized to the boy the next day and became friends, in fact those of us who initially bullied him are still good childhood friends to this day, all these years later.

For clarity, my dad was extremely abusive and supposedly wasn't like this before they got married. I was obviously too young to vouch for that, so I only knew my dad as an extremely racist and homophobic domestic abuser.
Thankfully my mom made sure from early on that I was raised right, and she taught me a lot about the history of racism, why it's so harmful and wrong etc. Basically making sure I'd never turn out like my dad.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't really remember hearing much bullying through nicknames in highschool. What I did hear about or witness was almost entirely homophobic stuff, calling people the F-word etc. My school was predominantly white, for the record.
I was faced any real bullying thankfully, in large part due to having very popular friends because in my first HS year (7th grade) I was definitely a stereotypical nerd in all black with a metal band t-shirt on. I most definitely wasn't popular but I became good friends with the popular kids in our area of our school because a lot of them took the same bike route to school so eventually we all cycled together and became friends. So because I was known to hang around in that crowd, bullies tended to leave me alone. Those popular kids were all great folks tbh, and I saw the more jacked dudes step in if they saw someone getting bullied in 'our area of the school'. Overall I'd describe that group more as laid back hippies than the stereotypical douchebag frat bro imagery most would think of when hearing "the popular kids."

Our school was divided in 3 separate areas depending on the type of classes you took.
A levels was the the hardest and intended for students who expect to go to college/university after graduation. The 'classes' (think of 'majors' in the US), were like Greek-Latin, Latin, 8h/week math, 6h/week math, and then Humane Sciences. Graduating in A levels is worthless if you don't go to college/university after.

C levels in terms of education is very very minimal education and focuses on preparing you for a manual labor job immediately upon graduation. It's sole purpose is to make you fully prepared to immediately go to work or start a business as a construction worker, electrician, hairdresser, ...
The level of education is so low that only 3% of people who graduated HS in C levels pass any attempt at college/university, which is heavily discouraged.

B levels was kind of an inbetween. Unlike A levels, you also graduate with a business license like C levels. But the classes here are less hard than A levels and tend to push you more in direction of sales jobs, office management, ... etc. It's basically a middleground. College/university isn't required but it also isn't discouraged.

So our school was kinda segregated in that way, which is kinda wild looking back at it as an adult. Our A levels' building was much bigger, mode modern and far more cozy in terms of couches etc.
Each level of education had their own area. Bullying was a lot more rampant in the C and B levels areas of the school from what I heard.

Admittedly when I was in the 2nd grade, a black boy joined our entirely white school and I'm ashamed to admit I initially bullied him right on his first day by referring to him as "chocolate jar", something I probably picked up from having an extremely racist dad. I had never seen or met a black person irl before at that time but my dad was extremely racist and frequently used the n-word if my mom wasn't around.
Thankfully my mom heard about the new student the same day and was notified that I and a few others kept mocking him as "chocolate jar", so she took away my Gameboy for a month though and gave me a thorough lesson to condemn anything my dad said about black people, to call others out for it and to never partake in any racism ever again.
We all apologized to the boy the next day and became friends, in fact those of us who initially bullied him are still good childhood friends to this day, all these years later.

For clarity, my dad was extremely abusive and supposedly wasn't like this before they got married. I was obviously too young to vouch for that, so I only knew my dad as an extremely racist and homophobic domestic abuser.
Thankfully my mom made sure from early on that I was raised right, and she taught me a lot about the history of racism, why it's so harmful and wrong etc. Basically making sure I'd never turn out like my dad.
S/o to your mom

Back
Top Bottom