THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Maybe I don't see it, but just in case, posting the Ishod clip b/c it's too good!

Re: the comment about the "music sucking", I wonder what gangsta rap would have gone with it. Maybe I'm getting old, but don't look forward to watching DGK/Gold or Shake Junt videos since I'm not into the hip-hop they use. Sometimes it just feels like they decided to use whatever chopped/screwed song they were feeling at the time. Besides, I think Death is a pretty good punk band and matches the skating. Not ashamed to say that skate videos played a large part in a lot of the music I like.

Even though Ishod's link is unlisted, Nike's gradually making it not worth buying Chronicles 2 on iTunes by doing uploading the clips.

Adding Mike Carroll's part from 1999's The Chocolate Tour, just because.

Reactions: Ox.
yoooo, I didn't even know Ishod's part was on youtube, I searched all kinds for it. I wish they sold a hard copy of the movie.

I feel you on the music part, my music taste and about 95% of my music on my ipod comes from skateboarding.

mike carroll, my 3rd favorite skater of all time 
nthat.gif

I remember meeting him at a signing last year and being star struck, had so many questions but the 13 year old skate rat inside me came to play and didn't say anything 
laugh.gif

^ Found the link on SLAP forums (which I forgot my password to and can't seem to reset it).

While I was there, I was notified of this guy Mike Davis who I never heard of but is super gnarly with the tech and the big rail skills.

Amazing skating set to terrible music (rock version).

Last edited:
^^^ That's some good skating, simple but and not too technical.

watching that mike davis part reminded me of this guy.

I watch this part about 3 times a week.

Last edited:
These videos are killing me, I want to skateboard but it's too damn cold. The thought of spring makes me excited

I came to terms with myself today that I will never be able to do backside grinds unless it's fakie or nollie 
tired.gif
 with the exception of doing backside slappy nosegrinds.

He was just chillin' on that kickflip at the end!

Nollie and fakie are easier for a lot of things but the thing about backside grinds/slides is the whole jumping backwards onto the object that's crazy. Start with a curb or a small transition to get used to it? After years and years of only being able to do frontside slappies, I finally made myself learn backside ones. So worth it!

However, I've lost backside 180s as a result of injury and several years off board so that's gonna be another mental block to rebreak. At least I can still do nollies.

Marc Johnson posted part of this video on his Instagram. Crazy to think that even with how far skating has come, 360 hardflips are rare and rarely look good.

Also this part for a 360 hardflip down some stairs and other unusual trickery.

Watching the KOTR episodes made me think that 1) I should pay more attention Birdhouse because they're team is pretty gnarly 2) Jimmy Carlin is not funny despite being on Enjoi 3) Clint Walker's chin grab move is kinda creepy but he did make out with the most women so...

Last edited:
Currently making a skateboard in woodshop 
pimp.gif

More of a surfsider cruiser board though because I'm just using a block then shaping it from there

Then I'll most likely get some old roller skates and use those for trucks and wheels. 
laugh.gif

My next project will most likely be a kicker/ launch ramp like in this video.

He was just chillin' on that kickflip at the end!

Nollie and fakie are easier for a lot of things but the thing about backside grinds/slides is the whole jumping backwards onto the object that's crazy. Start with a curb or a small transition to get used to it? After years and years of only being able to do frontside slappies, I finally made myself learn backside ones. So worth it!

However, I've lost backside 180s as a result of injury and several years off board so that's gonna be another mental block to rebreak. At least I can still do nollies.

Marc Johnson posted part of this video on his Instagram. Crazy to think that even with how far skating has come, 360 hardflips are rare and rarely look good.
Also this part for a 360 hardflip down some stairs and other unusual trickery.
Watching the KOTR episodes made me think that 1) I should pay more attention Birdhouse because they're team is pretty gnarly 2) Jimmy Carlin is not funny despite being on Enjoi 3) Clint Walker's chin grab move is kinda creepy but he did make out with the most women so...
Jason Park part 
nthat.gif

I tried being stationary and ollieing but too tough.

frontside slappys scare me, seen someone bail and hit their chin.

jimmy carlin has a nice 360 hardflip he does in his color theory part, it left me with my mouth open.

and I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking Walker's chin grab was creepy 
laugh.gif

Currently making a skateboard in woodshop 
pimp.gif

More of a surfsider cruiser board though because I'm just using a block then shaping it from there

Then I'll most likely get some old roller skates and use those for trucks and wheels. 
laugh.gif

My next project will most likely be a kicker/ launch ramp like in this video.
haha that's dope, pics?

make a sick wood and marble box and drop it off where I live <3

What about riding up a curb cut to grind the curb? Best case scenario, find those neighborhoods where they got those banked curbs and slash the other side where it meets the dirt/grass? My whole thought process is to start on the smallest thing possible to take the fear away. Unfortunately, so many skateparks have full-sized or gigantic ones so it's like you have to already be good when you show up. Saw pics of a mellow DIY spot across town but the report was that some government haters were tearing it down.

Guess it helped that I learned frontside slappies when I was in elementary school and was less fearful? It was on an unpainted (probably unwaxed) 2-inch high curb if I remember correctly.

Getting over another bad cold so I've been off board for about 6 weeks.

New Matt Beach part! The frontside flip at 0:47!

Pretty lame that Skate Mental took his board away and he's just flow when Brad Staba still has one and doesn't skate as often or as hard anymore, but that's the perk of being the owner I guess.

Also, this video of kids skating in Ethiopia to remind ppl to stop being spoiled princesses whenever they're not wearing the right socks or whatever madness is preventing them from skating that day.

I tried to embed the videos like usual but something went wrong. Links added.

Lastly, Sebo Walker!

I wonder why only the last one embedded w/o problems.

Last edited:
I forgot I had those small red curbs in my city, a spot I ironically skated 6 days a week in HS, I might go learn me some slappys tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

-that sebo part was cool, wish it had a better song though. but that nollie frontside bigspin noseblunt was insane!!! that spot is so steep.

-matt beach 
nthat.gif
haven't read/seen anything from him for a while.

-that ethiopian vid hit the feels 
ohwell.gif

also eS is coming back on 2/14
nthat.gif

a1e7c8328c7d11e3bc1f1262c0026b68_8.jpg

Was rewatching Jerry Hsu's B-Sides for Stay Gold and was again blown away at how much damage he does to himself for a part.

Which also made me want to rewatch this clip from when Geoff Rowley was filming for Sorry over 10 years ago.

But before that, I was rewatching his Epicly Later'd.

Having watched most of the Epicly Later'ds, I wonder how much longer guys like Antwuan can keep it going before they completely pile up or end up in jail for a long time. It also makes me appreciate the time that guys like Rowley, Cardiel, Koston, etc. have put into skateboarding.

eS coming back isn't surprising but I am curious to see how they'll handle the relaunch as far as a team goes. eS never really went away in Japan, but seeing Accels go for 8000-9000yen (about $100) when I can get Janoskis, Kostons or just about any other shoe for the same price or less is a thing in my mind. Been stockpiling Gravis Dylan slip-ons lately since I can get them for about 4000yen here.

I never owned a pair of Accels, but weren't they like $65? I had one of those "improved versions" of the Accels, but the padding was all weird and separated from the outsole.

Was rewatching Jerry Hsu's B-Sides for Stay Gold and was again blown away at how much damage he does to himself for a part.
Which also made me want to rewatch this clip from when Geoff Rowley was filming for Sorry over 10 years ago.
But before that, I was rewatching his Epicly Later'd.

Having watched most of the Epicly Later'ds, I wonder how much longer guys like Antwuan can keep it going before they completely pile up or end up in jail for a long time. It also makes me appreciate the time that guys like Rowley, Cardiel, Koston, etc. have put into skateboarding.

eS coming back isn't surprising but I am curious to see how they'll handle the relaunch as far as a team goes. eS never really went away in Japan, but seeing Accels go for 8000-9000yen (about $100) when I can get Janoskis, Kostons or just about any other shoe for the same price or less is a thing in my mind. Been stockpiling Gravis Dylan slip-ons lately since I can get them for about 4000yen here.

I never owned a pair of Accels, but weren't they like $65? I had one of those "improved versions" of the Accels, but the padding was all weird and separated from the outsole.
-Hsu 
nthat.gif

-apparently Dixon is really tired of the jail life this time around, he really isn't trying to go back, we'll see though. hopefully he pulls through and drops a part that blows everyone out of the water when he gets out of jail.

-eS is going to be weird at first, with SB, Lakai and DC being the main skate shoes and having heavy hitters, I can see everyone ditching DC though. 

-I had a pair of those new accels, didn't like them, they were too padded and weirdly uncomfortable. you can find them on ebay for $40-$65 usd.

from what I see on ebay, wish I could go to japan with thousands of dollars to buy skate shoes. 

strong runner up for skate video of the year just by watching the trailer.

also took these out today.

ebe21b028d3811e3b5f8122668b8a817_8.jpg

Last edited:
Feeble up the rail while the cop tries to stop 'em = video gold!

Last time I was home, I hardly saw anyone wearing DCs unless they were kids so I'm not sure how they are doing in Hawaii anymore. Most people were wearing SBs, Vans, Lakais, or whatever brand they were hooked up with. If they rerelease the SLB mids and the last Sal they had out or some Koston 2s, I might be convinced to pay retail (which I almost never do) on a pair.

Kinda old, but I need to track me down a few of those Stevie Williams x Ray Barbee reissue shirts! Still bummin after I missed out on the Vans Sk-8 His that came out a few years ago. The new ones are pretty disappointing.

went to school with a girl that had those barbees 
embarassed.gif

EDIT: scratch that, they weren't barbees.

Leo ****ing Romero's B-Side

holy hell this guy!

Last edited:
Koston used to be my GOAT. But reynolds has taken that spot. Dude has not slowed down with age

lucero is a god! I have been thinking of having an old school set-up since I'm always skating ditches, didn't know all the shapes there are though 
eek.gif

that loveletter episode was tight, painted curbs will forever be my favorite obstacle to skate.

I remember Tyler Bledsoe being just a little kid killing it around the time I took my hiatus from skating. he just released his new part to go along with the release of his new shoes. both part and shoes are really really nice.

09d50c9e946b11e3bea50e8800b15b11_8.jpg

also these are the new ES' dropping, pretty hyped on this pair, if I had 3 wishes, one would be that skate shoes went back to what they were and this shoe kinda reminds me of that time.

The Accelite

d95fe266947c11e3836d12239cedb05e_8.jpg

these two are eh in my opinion, but then again I'm not big on red.

The Accelerate

44859294943611e396db121ccdcfffa7_8.jpg

The Accent

1a6a3322940711e3a36912172d8c639d_8.jpg

I haven't skated in years so pardon my ignorance, did eS fold?

Just give me all black with gum soled Accels man. I remember PJ rocking those in WHL and Really Sorry. Silence is Golden 
pimp.gif

I haven't skated in years so pardon my ignorance, did eS fold?

Just give me all black with gum soled Accels man. I remember PJ rocking those in WHL and Really Sorry. Silence is Golden 
pimp.gif
Yeah they did fold in I think summer 2011.

Everyone on instagram and FB pages want the OG Accel back 

I remember I had the all brown pair in 3rd grade 

like WATER said it was in 2011 when they just stopped and went to Japan, the quality was horrible on classics leading up to the stoppage. I had a newer version of the accels and they were horrible.

I hope they make the move to bring the scheme back, I think they will sell like hot cakes to people who grew skating in the early '00s.

tumblr_mb2hi2KJiY1qj2cdro1_500.jpg

and keep it the same, unlike DC to the lynx for the anniversary.

old lynx

DCLynxGrey.jpg

new lynx

DC-LYNX-1.jpg

it just looks like everything out there.

speaking of DC and the lynx, here's Kalis' and Wiliams' parts from the DC video and also two parts I grew up watching over and over as a kid.

still to this day I try copying Stevie's style.

Last edited:
any word on the d3's ever getting a retro run?

Osiris%20D3%202000%20A%20sc%20stamp.jpg

and has Antwaun Dixon released anything new or is he still ******* around with that narcotic?

Back
Top Bottom