THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

any word on the d3's ever getting a retro run?

and has Antwaun Dixon released anything new or is he still ******* around with that narcotic?
no word on D3's but they're all over ebay, fakes are available too 
laugh.gif
 almost bought a pair til I looked at the pic closely.

and Dixon is still locked up, getting released at the end of the year almost, there was short 3-5 minute interview video that I can't find, he has some killer footage. like really good stuff.

Man, Dixon wasted his talent ******* around. Is he still on Baker or did they drop him? I know he was bailing on video shoots and ****

I wish I grew up skating in the 80s or 90s 
embarassed.gif

Some of my favorite skate vids/movies/docs

Need to make a gifs from 15:31 to 16:00 

Just straight Jordan 1s

laugh.gif
 at Lance wearing Carolinas on one foot and Royals on the other

OG hypebeast

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Man, Dixon wasted his talent ******* around. Is he still on Baker or did they drop him? I know he was bailing on video shoots and ****

Deathwish will always have a spot open for him. He'd have to shoot Andrew for that to ever change.

short clip of the tiffany's being skated in

wish they weren't hyped up, the colors are amazing.

Last edited:
Deathwish will always have a spot open for him. He'd have to shoot Andrew for that to ever change.

Don't be so sure. Baker took away Braydon, Spanky, Shane and Lenoce's pro boards right before they turned Riley Hawk pro. I can't even check to see if Antwaun is still on Deathwish because as far as I know, they don't have a proper site like Baker does.

Anyway, just saw this part by Dolan Stearns on TWS's channel and holy crap!

I like how so many people were hating on Derek Elmendorf's huge 50-50 wasn't that cool because he was wearing a fedora and Dolan goes and films in OVERALLS and other even stranger getups.

I kind of get it though since I managed to get a pair of those old Dylan Rieder dress shoe-looking Gravises and am wondering how to pull them off since I'm not into the whole cuffed pants/v-neck shirt vibe. And they're not that comfortable.

View media item 802273
The vulcanized slip-ons are great though. Got two more pairs of black ones that I haven't taken pics of yet since I can't wear them anyway because of the snow.

View media item 802275

short clip of the tiffany's being skated in

wish they weren't hyped up, the colors are amazing.
A few skateshops near me made the people have to kickflip before they could buy them. 

Therefore the Hypebeasts that were waiting in line went home with nothing. 
laugh.gif

Some dudes I heard freaked out because they claimed they could kickflip  but didn't want to mess up their jordans. 
roll.gif

I kind of get it though since I managed to get a pair of those old Dylan Rieder dress shoe-looking Gravises and am wondering how to pull them off since I'm not into the whole cuffed pants/v-neck shirt vibe. And they're not that comfortable.

The vulcanized slip-ons are great though. Got two more pairs of black ones that I haven't taken pics of yet since I can't wear them anyway because of the snow.
Still want a pair of these. My mom wouldn't let me buy them due to how ugly she thought they were. 
laugh.gif

^ I think it would have been more worth it if I could have gotten the slip-on dress shoe in all black or oxblood, but even then they have NO PADDING at all in them! Unless you're one of those guys with tough skin on your feet and/or can rock dress shoes with no socks, it's not that comfortable. I've only worn them twice so far but it hasn't been that great yet. However, it took me several months to break in my Janoski mids as well.

I have to admit that they look a lot better than his upcoming HUF shoe though. I kind of wish Gravis could have kept releasing them (or something slightly modified) when they went to Japan only since their current skate lineup looks kind of boring. And their other lines look like the boring stuff no one bought before they decided to do a skate team.

You couldn't have convinced her to get them for a school event or something? I remember once when I used to work in a surf shop, some ghetto kid tried to return a pair of those super puffy eS shoes which he obviously wore and probably danced in. They reeked of crappy cologne and had sock lint inside. I think it was around prom or winter formal season too.

Can you guys help me out and suggest what I should do?

Im fairly light, 130 lbs 5'8 why is my board getting so many cracks(not sure if pressure cracks or paint cracking). Im just riding around campus and doing simple flip tricks. Less than a month and it does this :smh:

View media item 802966

The trucks too loose? I realized they arent screwed on properly.

View media item 802963

Last edited:
Can you guys help me out and suggest what I should do?

Im fairly light, 130 lbs 5'8 why is my board getting so many cracks(not sure if pressure cracks or paint cracking). Im just riding around campus and doing simple flip tricks. Less than a month and it does this
mean.gif

The trucks too loose? I realized they arent screwed on properly.
I used to have the same problem man. I had insane pop so my tricks always used to be so high and I had a bad habit of stomping flip tricks.

What helped was everytime you set up a new decj, don't tighten the trucks to the board all the way. Keep it loose to the point where you can wiggle the trucks a bit. After a day or two, tighten it all the way. The trick is to slowly mold the trucks to the deck. Tightening them all the way will put too much pressure on the board, especially since brand new decks are brittle and not broken in yet

I'm not that good at Skateboarding, especially since I stopped to focus on soccer and track. 

Still follow everything, and usually just ride around on my cruiser and do a few tricks. 

But I really want to make a small edit like this, especially before track season starts in three weeks.

Just need the snow to melt. 
frown.gif
 But then theres the salt and sand everywhere. 

Just me riding through the streets of boston doing small little tricks, weaving through people and cars, and having fun. 

I've been watching a lot of 80s video parts today 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I honestly don't think its too tight, I can move the trucks back and forth over the deck. Would being too loose cause the cracks too?
if you're sure they're not too tight then either get risers or buy 3/4 inch screws instead.

so I went skating today to this spot I always got to.

I go there solo since it's lowkey from people/cops but cops get sneaky but we run away through the sewer and no one really knows about it unless you grew up skating here or word got around 
mean.gif
 and the babes that run the bike path above it
embarassed.gif
 but yea I've been skating here for years and no issues with people acting up til today. some random tweaker showed up and tried stealing backpacks and boards from these guys 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
mad.gif

some younger guys were there (about 4-5) but I went to this side which is a little walk away from the actual spot

to wax a cool little ledge on top that goes like \___/ (marked in red) 

I'm sweeping the melted ice from the ice rink nearby and all of a sudden I hear "grab your board" being yelled.  I turn around and this tweaker is walking with a board and the guys after him, I ask what's going on and they tell me, I follow. the two towers in the pic seem far but they're really not in person and I kid you not we went about 3/4 of the way following this guy. he stops, raises his shirt up and dude has a huge knife, once he does this he goes "you guys ain't b*tches and if you see someone tagging this whack **** send them to me" and hands the guy his board. (there's a bunch of whack tagging along the two walls to the right).

luckily I had my headphones off for some reason or else I wouldn't have heard. ruined my VDay skate day 
mean.gif

if you skate be safe out there bros, have a sixth sense.

So Nike went and posted the final part (Luan Olivera) to their YouTube channel. Not sure why they put the "purchase on iTunes" thing at the end since they practically defeated the purpose of doing so by putting all the parts online. Guess it was worth paying to have the whole video before they started doing it?

another Luan part, he filmed this for Thrasher in 12 days 
eek.gif

I want to learn how to be respectable at skateboarding. But I know absolutely nothing, i've tried out a long board before and almost busted my *** :lol: Can someone give me some tips on where to start? I want to get a board but don't know which kind.

It's really all about practice. Gonna take a lot of falling to get decent but it's really rewarding once you land the trick you're going for. Practice your stance in the grass then learn how to push. When I first started, I used to push mongo. Also try getting a wider board.

I want to learn how to be respectable at skateboarding. But I know absolutely nothing, i've tried out a long board before and almost busted my ***
laugh.gif
Can someone give me some tips on where to start? I want to get a board but don't know which kind.
i think one of the most important things is having a homie to skate with consistently. if you dont skate everyday you will never be good, so just use your skateboard as a form of transportation instead of your bike or car or walking. if you just skate around everywhere youll get comfortable enough with the board to start popping tricks and whatnot

Back
Top Bottom