THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

Figure I'd post up a part from an old friend of mine:
did he quit?

dude rips.
Nah.  He was am for 5Boro for awhile, then he was getting flowed boards from Habitat, now he's am for Hopps.  He's come a long way from the days of ollieing off of the dumpster behind the skate shop 
laugh.gif

Oh...here's a quick clip of a more well-known old friend of mine that was put out recently:

http://web.stagram.com/p/619653565338386446_176969895

Last edited:
Skated for a while in my younger teen years. I still support the culture and pass by skateparks every now and the to chill.
I really dig the Thrasher KOTR. They encompass all that is fun and wild about skating

aaaand wtf, since when has New Balance had a team and sneakers? That's going a little too far. Man I thought nike and adidas tapping into sb was bad.

Last edited:
Skated for a while in my younger teen years. I still support the culture and pass by skateparks every now and the to chill.
I really dig the Thrasher KOTR. They encompass all that is fun and wild about skating

aaaand wtf, since when has New Balance had a team and sneakers? That's going a little too far. Man I thought nike and adidas tapping into sb was bad.
what up!

chillin at skateparks or skate spots put me at so much ease, even when I went on my little skate break.

whoa, the whole 2012 vid 
nthat.gif

2013 KOTR is up and running episode 1 &  are up

as far as NB shoes, I heard not so great things so far, but nike and adidas has some solid skate shoes.

what up!
chillin at skateparks or skate spots put me at so much ease, even when I went on my little skate break.
whoa, the whole 2012 vid :nthat:
2013 KOTR is up and running episode 1 &  are up

as far as NB shoes, I heard not so great things so far, but nike and adidas has some solid skate shoes.

There are a couple of different years with the whole video up on YT if you do a quick search. Love 'em.

I've only seen one in its entirety without having to click on multiple videos, will search though thanks.

came across this piece on Austyn Gillette, pretty cool to see.

Yeah, as oxpenguin mentioned, Donovon Piscipio's part is on YouTube now:

Habitat video now on YT also:

As well as Grant Taylor's Anti Hero intro part:

Perhaps my other favorite 2nd gen pro skater besides Riley Hawk.

Lastly, the endlessly creative (sometimes silly) Gou Miyagi.

Fans of Ritchie Jackson, CHris Haslam etc. should consider this and all of his other parts a "must watch".

I can and can't believe that Grant Taylor is on Antihero now.  He fits on the team really well, but it's crazy to see Alien's team dropping like flies. Jake is probably next to go. He's been filming tricks wearing Polar shirts and skating Scumco boards recently. No dambs given 
laugh.gif

Anyone else voted for The Berric's Populist thing yet? I heard something about Berra being mad that Nyjah didn't win SOTY. Even though the site says that voters should take into consideration factors other than the video clips posted for each of the 12 guys on the site, who seriously has time to have read all the magazines, or watched all the videos and contests? Looks like they put in some script where the videos won't play if you have an ad blocker too.

Based on the videos alone, there's a big gap between the quality of parts. How anyone could think putting a part filmed almost entirely in the Berrics could compete with one filmed for a video is ridiculous.

Voted twice (computer and phone) for Luan and Westgate, but Ishod, Suciu, O'Neill, and Greco were possible choices also. I don't deny that Bob Burnquist's part was crazy, but I couldn't comprehend it. Seriously, how many people in this world get to skate anything close to a mega ramp, much less, a mega ramp with a helicopter? I wouldn't be surprised if he were to put a pool full of sharks or piranhas in the gap next time.

Anyone else voted for The Berric's Populist thing yet? I heard something about Berra being mad that Nyjah didn't win SOTY. Even though the site says that voters should take into consideration factors other than the video clips posted for each of the 12 guys on the site, who seriously has time to have read all the magazines, or watched all the videos and contests? Looks like they put in some script where the videos won't play if you have an ad blocker too.

Based on the videos alone, there's a big gap between the quality of parts. How anyone could think putting a part filmed almost entirely in the Berrics could compete with one filmed for a video is ridiculous.

Voted twice (computer and phone) for Luan and Westgate, but Ishod, Suciu, O'Neill, and Greco were possible choices also. I don't deny that Bob Burnquist's part was crazy, but I couldn't comprehend it. Seriously, how many people in this world get to skate anything close to a mega ramp, much less, a mega ramp with a helicopter? I wouldn't be surprised if he were to put a pool full of sharks or piranhas in the gap next time.
If the winner was based on overall coverage, Suciu would have been the clear winner.  Kid was a machine in 2013.

Y'all remember John Motta? Whatever happened to him? Heard he was mentally ill or something.

And I've been saying this since the Pharmacy video, Herman has one of the best, if not THE best, styles in skateboarding

I can and can't believe that Grant Taylor is on Antihero now.  He fits on the team really well, but it's crazy to see Alien's team dropping like flies. Jake is probably next to go. He's been filming tricks wearing Polar shirts and skating Scumco boards recently. No dambs given 
laugh.gif
something must be going on with how dyrdek is running the ship, AW was one of my favorite boards/companies as a kid, sucks the way the brand is now. gotta pick up a few boards for the wall before they go away.
All those skate vids make me want to skate so bad
sick.gif
get on that wood 
smile.gif

I voted for PROD just bc, I voted for Ishod for SOTY. dude skated his heart out last year. 

I tried finding berra's rant on IG but he deleted it I think.
Y'all remember John Motta? Whatever happened to him? Heard he was mentally ill or something.

And I've been saying this since the Pharmacy video, Herman has one of the best, if not THE best, styles in skateboarding
motta's on skate mental I think, well the last time I seen his name he was.

seeing a picture of this gave me the chills, seeing it in the zero video just almost made me tear up.

Theotis Beasley's Nike SB Chronicles 2 part, beleedat!

Alien might be getting even smaller since there's all kinds of talk about Dylan Rieder leaving in the aftermath of Dill and AVE having left to do F.A. Dylan's really good at skating, but as a "Team Handsome" member, he won't even wear his sponsor's clothes IIRC.

Josh Kalis interview

DGK - "Parental Advisory" Manolo Remix! So much better than the original version. But then again, the skits were so painfully bad that I couldn't make myself watch it all the way through. Couldn't embed it, sorry. Kind of bummed that this Baby Scumbag character (I just found out who he is) is listed on the roster for the upcoming Gold video.
Original DGK video for comparison's sake. I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you want to see almost the same video but with corny skits.

Also, a re-edit of some Kenny Anderson etc. skating.

Skated some flatground yesterday. Did a few shove-its and no complies. It was kind of cold though so my knee couldn't fully warm up.

Not sure why I couldn't embed any videos this time, but I put the links as back up. Sorry.

Last edited:
I remember in 6th grade watching the Menikmati video and my life changed. Bought a board the next day
Truth.  That and The Storm were the first videos I ever watched.  Everyone's part in Menikmati was incredible.

Fun fact:  Rodrigo TX had only been skating for two years when the video came out 
eek.gif

the feels came out today, Almost has these webisodes that come out once a week, today's was a tribute to Lewis Marnell 
frown.gif

I remember being really sad when I heard he passed away, he was the only one skating dunks and his style is one of my favorites ever.

here's his last ever part.

cool little tribute, so many stories I've heard/read about him being such a nice person.

^^^ hopps got some coverage from the berrics today.

Nike SB released two more parts today. this video is so good.

I can't think of a video where I liked everyone's part, definitely deserved the 'best video of the year' award.

this part along with Ishod's blew me away.

Daryl is so underrated, his style and trick selection is so dope.

Back
Top Bottom