the thread about TWOs

I'm gonna be going to check out these white/reds at by local spot within next few days, hopefully the leather doesn't disappoint. I have a feeling that they used the same leather as the infrared 6's. Regardless, it's still a really clean and classic cw.
Please let us know how the leather quality is 
nerd.gif

gonna suck if they used that infrared leather for the whole upper
Ive heard the quality is actually really nice on these 2014 2s. And the white/reds have a large portion of the shoe that is tumbled leather and JB's tumbled leather on Js this year has been on point. PB10s and VG10s both had good quality tumbled leather.

Ive heard the quality is actually really nice on these 2014 2s. And the white/reds have a large portion of the shoe that is tumbled leather and JB's tumbled leather on Js this year has been on point. PB10s and VG10s both had good quality tumbled leather.
Looks like i'm getting my money's worth 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 freaking hyped for these

The tumbled leather as been on point, that's for sure

Historically the case with 2s.
With the exception of the original launch -- which sold about the same as the AJ1.
But in 2014 I'm not gonna say "easy" pick-up (for most people)
I'll stick with "easier."

Coming back into the game (sort of) after 6+ years has been a shock to me. "Easy pick-up" used to mean you could get them online or at your mall two weeks after release date, or even wait a few months for them to show up at outlets for less than that. Sure, some releases sold out before you could bat your eye, but everyone could see those coming a mile away (any XI for example), and 2s were not in that category. IIRC, I got my white/red 2s back around 2004 maybe 2-3 days after they dropped. Retail.

But now, it means the shoes didn't sell out in the first 20 minutes and you were able to get them later on the release date or, if you are lucky with your size, online or in a store somewhere within a few days. And that's for just about any release.

I mean, these Purples were disparaged last week for being a shoe that "nobody wants", and yet try to find a full line of them online right now at retail price. Good luck with that.

"Sitting" used to be measured in weeks, even months, now it's measured in hours/days. I've managed to cop 5 pairs of shoes I wanted in the past 3 months, but have also missed out on 4 others I wanted as well. Been caught with my thumb stuck in my mouth while much faster players blew right by me.

Have had to up my game considerably just to keep my head above water, LOL.

Last edited:
^^^^^Yea the game has even changed alot in the past year imo. Its all about that pre ordering, boting, and tipping now or just plain dumb luck. If u wanna ensure that your gonna get some shoes might run ya $20-50, but everyones finances arent the same and everyone's time isnt the same. Gotta adapt to survive

Last edited:
^^^^^Yea the game has even changed alot in the past year imo. Its all about that pre ordering, boting, and tipping now or just plain dumb luck. If u wanna ensure that your gonna get some shoes might run ya $20-50, but everyones finances arent the same and everyone's time isnt the same. Gotta adapt to survive

... and I'm just not willing to do certain things: No bots, no bribes, and no paying over retail.

I managed to cop the Carmine 6s and Concord XI lows, but that was sheer luck (won in-store raffles). Sure, I did the leg-work to get my name on the raffle tickets, but so did a LOT of others. At both stores, the manager told me the final odds were about 1/10 of getting a pair, and I got them. So absent that dumb luck, my batting percentage would be even lower than 5/9. I am definitely not a "strong" player in this new game.

Heck, in April, I thought the Infra 2s would sit, and passed on them on release day thinking I had time to make up my mind later. Those cookies-and-cream shoes were gone that day, bye bye to me, LOL and I regret missing them. So from now on, I'm just assuming that every release will sell instantly, and plan accordingly.

Last edited:
... and I'm just not willing to do certain things: No bots, no bribes, and no paying over retail.

I managed to cop the Carmine 6s and Concord XI lows, but that was sheer luck (won in-store raffles). Sure, I did the leg-work to get my name on the raffle tickets, but so did a LOT of others. At both stores, the manager told me the final odds were about 1/10 of getting a pair, and I got them. So absent that dumb luck, my batting percentage would be even lower than 5/9. I am definitely not a "strong" player in this new game.

Heck, in April, I thought the Infra 2s would sit, and passed on them on release day thinking I had time to make up my mind later. Those cookies-and-cream shoes were gone that day, bye bye to me, LOL and I regret missing them. So from now on, I'm just assuming that every release will sell instantly, and plan accordingly.
Well u may have the time to do that leg work. I on the other dont have time for that. One 5 min trip to mall, in the mall maybe 5 mins buying my shoes and one 5 min trip back home. As apposed to at least 2 round trips and an extra hour or two signing up for raffles. Or at a FCFS somewhere where i may have to stand line for God knows how long. I just dont have that kind of free time with how much i work. Time=money. And some people have extra time to waste and some people have extra money to spend. Cant really fault either side in my opinion. But thats why i work so i can afford to buy something if i really want it. Plus i enjoy the peace of mind of knowing a week ahead of time im covered. And an extra $30 is worth it to me. Thats about a 20% tip. But hey thats just me.

Last edited:
The only retro 2 cop worthy in 2014 imo. The other cw's released this year are
sick.gif
. With that said, Saturday can't come soon enough.
this. the other colorways are highly questionable as to the state of the human race imo. what were they thinking? or rather, what are we thinking buying that crap?

this. the other colorways are highly questionable as to the state of the human race imo. what were they thinking? or rather, what are we thinking buying that crap?
Them Iron Purples and Nightshade 2s i honestly cant believe even made it past a sample and them infrared speckled 2s would have prob been alright had they just left it black in the speckled areas but didnt and just looked plain ugly to me but they arent as bad as the purples or nightshades. I never considered copping any 2s but these and i really want these.

Last edited:
Well u may have the time to do that leg work. I on the other dont have time for that. One 5 min trip to mall, in the mall maybe 5 mins buying my shoes and one 5 min trip back home. As apposed to at least 2 round trips and an extra hour or two signing up for raffles. Or at a FCFS somewhere where i may have to stand line for God knows how long. I just dont have that kind of free time with how much i work. Time=money. And some people have extra time to waste and some people have extra money to spend. Cant really fault either side in my opinion. But thats why i work so i can afford to buy something if i really want it. Plus i enjoy the peace of mind of knowing a week ahead of time im covered. And an extra $30 is worth it to me. Thats about a 20% tip. But hey thats just me.

I do have a lot of "free" time. I'm a teacher, only have to be on campus about 10 hours a week (and none during the summer) so I am able to make the rounds at the malls. Between my wife and I we've had 10 raffle tickets in play both times we've tried. That is an advantage.

And don't get me wrong: I am NOT criticizing anyone who uses bots, or pay above retail to lock things down early or later online. If the shoes are worth it to you, that's your business what you spend your money on. I was just describing what my constraints are given my budget and belief system, but to each his own. :smile:

Has anyone called around and got any idea if the shipment has came in at your local shoe stores. If you do decide to call ask for if GS sizes will be released also.

I do have a lot of "free" time. I'm a teacher, only have to be on campus about 10 hours a week (and none during the summer) so I am able to make the rounds at the malls. Between my wife and I we've had 10 raffle tickets in play both times we've tried. That is an advantage.

And don't get me wrong: I am NOT criticizing anyone who uses bots, or pay above retail to lock things down early or later online. If the shoes are worth it to you, that's your business what you spend your money on. I was just describing what my constraints are given my budget and belief system, but to each his own. :smile:
Hey im with ya man. 100%. Repped.

I completely agree with you. I remember you on NT back in the day when things were more "normal" in the shoe world. I've been on NT since 01' (off and on and on my 3rd screenname of course, got banned in college in like 02, my other name was good tho until they switched to this much nicer forum a few yrs ago & I couldn't remember my login details). I feel the same as you though. Some kicks I chuckle at how much they are for resell.

Tbh I've been married 7yrs and having my first child next month-shoes are at the bottom of my list, but if you do want something you need a lot more luck and connections now. Having personally witnessed the overall decline of JB quality and being too old to stunt I just refuse to pay more than $200 for any shoe and I have yet to even pay that.

If you do want something though you may have to work or like most adults with other priorities just learn to say "no". It sounds like you're like me though and are ok with that.

Got a chance to see these in hand. These look real nice in person. And the leather is actually pretty good, better then on the infrared 6's. Craftsmanship a pretty good. Pair I saw didn't really have any sloppy glue stains or anything like that

Back
Top Bottom