The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

E3944F4D-5751-4554-9E21-C6AF95951976.jpeg
4A88D9EA-45F9-4998-84E6-8477E0F5CE59.jpeg
Got a chance to try these on. The jubilee feels really light and comfortable. 9250 MSRP. The rose gold makes me really want to sell my yellow/green GMT but I think I’ll stay away for now.

We’ll see how things pan out, I’m anticipating my SS skydweller to get allocated around summertime, at least that’s what they told me.

what do you think they'll do if you slam $10k cash on the counter and tell them you're walking out with that watch?

what do you think they'll do if you slam $10k cash on the counter and tell them you're walking out with that watch?

It’s actually really frustrating how unmotivated by money AD’s have become. There was a point in time where that’s all that mattered, but those days are mostly over. At least in major cities. At this particular dealer I’ve purchased some serious watches. My AP 26331OR was purchased at this store, which was a 56k Watch. They told me I cannot even get a blue dial SS skydweller, only black. Yet on social media they gave one to a famous celebrity who doesn’t even buy from them.

All these watches are getting backdoored like sneakers which is pathetic, they never see the showcase. I even joked while they were taking names for the Pepsi that I bet you’ll just go out back and shred them all when people leave. The whole thing actually upsets me on a personal level because I believed spending more, going to an AD and being a loyal customer actually meant something.

Good to see the Basel and SIHH releases trickling out. Still giving Rolex a hard pass. Just about had it with their shenanigans. :stoneface:

Anyway... I caved. My AD gave me a great deal on both pieces. Guess this is the replacement for the G-Shock and the Oris I've let go of recently. :lol: :smokin

31944098_10155877307313736_6804064414111629312_n.jpg

And with that, I'm done with Breitling, for now... I think. :lol:

Last edited:
It’s actually really frustrating how unmotivated by money AD’s have become. There was a point in time where that’s all that mattered, but those days are mostly over. At least in major cities. At this particular dealer I’ve purchased some serious watches. My AP 26331OR was purchased at this store, which was a 56k Watch. They told me I cannot even get a blue dial SS skydweller, only black. Yet on social media they gave one to a famous celebrity who doesn’t even buy from them.

All these watches are getting backdoored like sneakers which is pathetic, they never see the showcase. I even joked while they were taking names for the Pepsi that I bet you’ll just go out back and shred them all when people leave. The whole thing actually upsets me on a personal level because I believed spending more, going to an AD and being a loyal customer actually meant something.

"Waitlists" don't exist, even with loyal customers. :smh:

Still hoping I'll be proved wrong eventually. Spent a considerable amount with my AD over the past year and a half, albeit not just with a single brand. :ohwell:

First Rolex/luxury watch!! Datejust ref.116200. I'm super happy with it. The way it cups my wrist just feels amazing. Anyway, here's a photo. I tried to take a photo with it on but they all came out looking weird. These were the best I could do.

IMG_9594_zpsq41b0vpm.jpg~original.jpg
IMG_9600_zpsfxbf2p2g.jpg~original.jpg
IMG_9599_zpspfalxjud.jpg~original.jpg

Straight outta hibernation, into a Rolex. Clean

Classy watch Mr. Poop!

Wasn't too interested in the Basel releases so I haven't been paying much attention, but lately I've done a complete 180 on the TT GMT. Any ideas as to whether or not this is an "in-demand" watch or if it should be relatively easy to purchase upon release?

Grabbed this for super cheap at an estate auction, you guys think it's fake? For as cheap as I got it, it was worth the chance

Attachments

• 15263321756976932187878978811630.jpg
    15263321756976932187878978811630.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 35
i always liked the santos, they were just too big but I am glad they are going back to basics

wanted the carbon 100 so bad back then
Cartier-Santos-100-Carbon-WSSA0006-aBlogtoWatch-01.jpg

First Rolex/luxury watch!! Datejust ref.116200. I'm super happy with it. The way it cups my wrist just feels amazing. Anyway, here's a photo. I tried to take a photo with it on but they all came out looking weird. These were the best I could do.

IMG_9594_zpsq41b0vpm.jpg~original.jpg
IMG_9600_zpsfxbf2p2g.jpg~original.jpg
IMG_9599_zpspfalxjud.jpg~original.jpg

Nice! what are those other watches in the watch box in the last picture?

DF1F136B-8A81-45E8-A9E5-D1802434EE79.png
Don’t throw those watches out, brah.
Found this at the thrift store recently for $5. It’s crap, the chrono and pushers are faux but I like the look. Finding this makes me want to add a quality, vintage racing style watch to the rotation.

Back
Top Bottom