The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Good point. Appreciate it, man
The strap doesn’t really taper, I don’t think. If at all, it’s so slight I didn’t notice.

I remember your post of this one a while back. That got me looking into it actually and now I’m fully on board.

Thanks bro.

I think the dial of the watch is so dynamic and can look so different in different types of light so you'll always see something different whether it be the raised lume, the ceramic dial, the waves etc it seems like a watch that keeps on giving. The strap is a good option as you get to see the movement via the display caseback which looks great as well.

The only issue with it is value retention but time will tell on that but if your buying for yourself then this shouldn't be a problem.

If an $8,000 watch is going to get in the way of purchasing a condo, you're probably not ready for either.

Harsh reality. Lol. But as someone said, do you, it’s your life.

In your current situation, I would not buy it until after the condo and or pending births.

I have two kids and my savings was setback each time, in the mean time subs have gone from $4.5 to $7k+. And I refuse to pay that much for one of those things. I can’t save for ****, so my mentality is, the second I have $5k laying around I’ll probably purchase my first Rolex- datejust. Everyone’s journey is different, but I’ll hang out in this $3000 range for another year or two.

This is a ridiculous statement. $8k is like at least 5-6 months of mortgage payments for most people.

What I think he’s saying is that if throwing $8k into a watch is going to make you worrisome about your ability to afford your mortgage then you probably should not be buying a Rolex.

I'm not even talking about mortgage payments.

Downpayment.

Property transfer tax.

Furniture.

Moving expenses.

$8k hardly puts a dent in any of that.

Where is this? In my area you can get a $300k condo with 5% down ($15k) and that $8k will cover half you down payment.

I’m in Vegas for a convention and Bob Maron is exhibiting. Guy is age 55+ wearing supreme head to toe. I should have taken some photos cause he honestly had every watch you could possibly want. 10-15 Paul Newman Daytonas in one showcase. He had the meteorite white gold Pepsi for 44k. In hand, I must say I am 50/50 vs. the blue dial. I’ll prob end up getting the meteorite cause it’s reserved for precious metal Rolexes. Although I ain’t paying over msrp for it.

Last edited:
Where is this? In my area you can get a $300k condo with 5% down ($15k) and that $8k will cover half you down payment.

Depending on the type of loan: some requires 3% - 3.5% down.

Last edited:
I’m in Vegas for a convention and Bob Maron is exhibiting. Guy is age 55+ wearing supreme head to toe. I should have taken some photos cause he honestly had every watch you could possibly want. 10-15 Paul Newman Daytonas in one showcase. He had the meteorite white gold Pepsi for 44k. In hand, I must say I am 50/50 vs. the blue dial. I’ll prob end up getting the meteorite cause it’s reserved for precious metal Rolexes. Although I ain’t paying over msrp for it.

isnt that the dude mayer is suing for selling him fake rolexes (or rolex with fake parts in it)?

we don't know what really happened but it just looks like publicity for the watch seller in the end

Shinola x Mickey. Added a fun rubber band.
9870E669-0CDE-4753-80F0-B32C6567314F.jpeg

FED9DDB1-90CA-4719-ABA2-444A23A103DA.jpeg

Last edited:
its a beautiful watch but many love it because the one newman wore fetched close to $20m iirc, maybe more?

i forget

but the vintage ones thats in decent condition also sells for $100k these days too so its gon' get hyped

no, i always get an email from them but black friday is probably their best sale

Yo anyone here like Hublot's? For the first time in my life i'm kinda feeling them.

I'm still a couple years from wanting to drop real money on a watch, but I really like some of the Omega Speedmasters, and that new Blancpain Barakuda is a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom