The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Stopped by my jewelry store/ad again today to grab my wife’s Xmas present and they had a bluesy in, very nice.
72925253-E081-46BA-903D-0977CB5EC7A1.jpeg

Cool video which gives insight into the wholesale side of the business. Really good channel to subscribe to if you're into watches and interested about the business/industry.

anyone have some good recommendations for and affordable everyday casual watch ? i would love a rolex, but i'm not on the level on most of you ballers in this thread, so maybe in the future.

i probably want something classy/clean design. i came across the junghans max bill automatic. what did you guys think about that ? it's a 38mm i believe and i have a small wrist, so trying to find smaller watch recommendations as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 35
Not sure if you all have seen this but my AD reached out to me about a new rose gold 42mm AP ROO that has just come out. I've never owned an offshore yet, but I do want one. I like the new pushers on the other 42mm that came out this year. I was under the impression that they were transitioning all the models to that design. I suppose not. I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger, i'm seriously thinking about it as I had my sights set on the new blue 42mm offshore. I love both, this will be tough.

New Rose Gold Offshore:

image002.png

This is the 2019 42mm model that recently released a few months ago, that I thought would be the new permanent design for ROO:

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Selfwinding-Chronograph-ref.-26480TI-5.jpg

Tried this on in the airport. Will be my next watch.. I'm two years 😂

Attachments

• 20191222_081440.jpg
    20191222_081440.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 58
^ Rolex increasing prices in the states is 4 years too late. It’s needed if nothing more than to keep up with inflation and to balance out UK/HK. Which also is getting its second increase next month
I know this is NT and not TRF, but personally speaking;
There is no shortage, there never was a “shortage” the pounds drop caused folks to clean house which gave the impression of scarcity. Hong Kong and China had a few great solid back to back years - customary to gift rolexes for business. Now HK greys are dropping prices. Albeit very slowly
My two ADs have had every model in stock and sold either to bundle buyers to make some extra sales (Blackdoor) or sell to greys directly for a higher cost.

if you have a relationship and can spend the money you can get the watches you want. AD sold me a blnr walking in on a Friday evening just cause...
Rolex and Patek are playing the Hermes model with birkins and Kelly’s. My wife has been playing this game for years. Took $25k to get her first birkin

funny part is my favorite sports model is getting a $50 increase lol

Attachments

• 944F14B4-CC0B-432B-94B5-B1CABE51B5D6.jpeg
    944F14B4-CC0B-432B-94B5-B1CABE51B5D6.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 120
howsthat thing w/ the value of the Swiss currency & price of Rolex watches as well as other watches work?

i do think there was/is a shortage but not to the extent that is completely dry but that also doesnt mean the ad's weren't hoarding and only selling them to their big clients or bundling it up to make more $$$ out of you

bigger stores likely has any models you want in their safe but the smaller ones might also have an empty one

the thing is, its really difficult to tell because even if you think your salesperson is trustworthy and your best friend, they are still there to make as much $$$ as possible out of you

After looking around I decided I want to pay the extra for a new DJ2 but how come they're so much more than a new DJ41.

The DJ2's I found new are close to $13k whereas I could get a new DJ41 for about retail or even a little less

Back
Top Bottom