The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

that RM67 looks good for an RM :lol:
His most used watch is a 5980 two tone and it wears fine, that is kinda thicc as well

Yeah. It's just the colors are a bit on the funky end. And the prices are. :sick: But they wear nicer than the thicc ones.

If he can rock a 5980 then he can rock the 5990 no problem. Should wear about the same. My vote changes to the 5990, especially if he doesn't have that brilliant travel time function. Still like the 5726 for myself. :lol:

Getting into watches and I was looking at the Two Tone DJ2 with the slate dial. For a few thousand more I could just get a brand new one which now leads to preowned two tone Subs, particularly the 116613lb. If this is my first watch which would you recommend. Brand new 2 tone DJ2 or preowned 2 tone subc. FYI, I know the DJ41 has the newer movement but I like the bigger case of the DJ2. I'm looking for something I can wear with just a t-shirt and jeans and also a suit.

I don’t own a Rolex but if you’re just getting into watches you’ll probably adjust your taste over time. I’d buy preowned just to get started. If you plan on owning the piece for life and pass down then I’d buy new.

Getting into watches and I was looking at the Two Tone DJ2 with the slate dial. For a few thousand more I could just get a brand new one which now leads to preowned two tone Subs, particularly the 116613lb. If this is my first watch which would you recommend. Brand new 2 tone DJ2 or preowned 2 tone subc. FYI, I know the DJ41 has the newer movement but I like the bigger case of the DJ2. I'm looking for something I can wear with just a t-shirt and jeans and also a suit.

yeah the newer datejust is actually 40mm like the president. It is still referred to as the datejust41 but it’s not that size. I prefer the 40mm, but all things considered the bluesy is a showstopper for most people and in many situations. My first Rolex was an older LB and aside from my all gold pieces—to this day that watch got the most compliments

Stopped by the local ad on my way home from work today to browse for my wife’s Xmas gift, and check on status of my 114060. They had this beauty in stock, liked it a lot more than I thought I would. 14000$ is a bit too much for me right now though, or I may have bought it. :lol:

46609AFC-459A-4579-A778-1027D1881F9E.jpeg

Stopped by the local ad on my way home from work today to browse for my wife’s Xmas gift, and check on status of my 114060. They had this beauty in stock, liked it a lot more than I thought I would. 14000$ is a bit too much for me right now though, or I may have bought it. :lol:

I tried that one on and thought the black was a little underwhelming.

Still on the search for a bluesy.

I did find the two tone DJII with the slate dial but the store wouldn't let me try it on. They asked how I would be paying for it and I told them I wanted to try it on first but the manager, a white guy, said I couldn't. They also wanted $12,500 for it and it didn't include any box or papers.

No, Tourneau had crappy service in which it took them forever to let me try on some watches but that was about it. This was at some jewelry store in a mall in LA.

On my list but first I need a Presidential.

I did find the two tone DJII with the slate dial but the store wouldn't let me try it on. They asked how I would be paying for it and I told them I wanted to try it on first but the manager, a white guy, said I couldn't. They also wanted $12,500 for it and it didn't include any box or papers.
I would have laughed at them on my way out.

No, Tourneau had crappy service in which it took them forever to let me try on some watches but that was about it. This was at some jewelry store in a mall in LA.

Sounds pretty slimy. But just so you don’t feel bad, someone recently tried on a bust down AP at the Topanga mall and then booked it out of there-so I was told. DM me and maybe I can help you out with the bluesy when you are ready.

what does the Bluetooth function do?

Mainly connect to the G-SHOCK Connected app to set the time if a radio signal from Multi band 6 isn't available. You could also put short reminders, set a timer and alarm from your phone without having to fiddle through the menus on the watch.

Screenshot_20191208_004611_com.casio.gshockconnected.jpg
Screenshot_20191208_004549_com.casio.gshockconnected.jpg

The best release for Rolex for me this year next to that Oysterflex YM42 :smokin

These days, you just about lose me with "serious buyers only" shenanigans. Not being able to try on an expensive personal item before a purchase is ridiculous.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I love working with ADs who trust and let me try everything I want. Which is also a bad thing in itself :lol:

Screenshot_20191208_122011.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom