The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i got some rolex cloth pieces from my ad

you can also use those microfiber cloths for cleaning reading and sunglasses, as long as its clean, it has the least chance o putting scratches on any polished surface

DJ 36

Attachments

• 824673E9-C461-4412-A346-C10C9898219C.jpeg
    824673E9-C461-4412-A346-C10C9898219C.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 240
Just getting into watches. Wanted to get some feedback. I am looking to spend around 3k on a new watch. What are some great watches to look at in that price range? I have looked around and I like the grand seiko SBGR053. I also like the mid size omega sea master. Only because its far less in price than its bigger counterpart. My other thought is possibly purchasing multiple affordable watches. Such as 3 watches. Possibly seiko skx009j, sarb017 alpinist, and/or sar033. I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Just getting into watches. Wanted to get some feedback. I am looking to spend around 3k on a new watch. What are some great watches to look at in that price range? I have looked around and I like the grand seiko SBGR053. I also like the mid size omega sea master. Only because its far less in price than its bigger counterpart. My other thought is possibly purchasing multiple affordable watches. Such as 3 watches. Possibly seiko skx009j, sarb017 alpinist, and/or sar033. I am open to suggestions. Thanks

IMO, pick up an Oris Aquis (good deals out there) and you can still get one or 2 others mentioned. I do like the Seiko JDM models as well.

tudor? on the grey market or preowned, can get one for under 3k

just my opinion

That day date 2 was only $16k

That's not that much money for a day date....

When stores open again and I can get it authenticated at the AD and if it turns out to be fake I'll just sell it to laxrolex. He won't know the difference either.

Instead of just spending $3k on a new watch because you want a new watch, look for one that you like and save for that one and you won't be regretting it or trying to flip it in the future.

I agree,I did that. My favorite watch is the Rolex Batman on the oyster bracelet. I could of had one pre owned for 7K a few years ago. Passed and bought something else cause I didn't want to spend that much on my first watch. I deeply regret that now.

So the DJ 36 above is my first Rolex. Funny time for it to come during this lockdown. Now that I am working from home and do not go out. How often do you recommend me winding it? I was thinking of at least wearing it once a week but not sure if it sitting there for a long amount of time is bad for it

its fine to let it sit, only wand it when you’re going to wear it

if you really want to keep it wound, wear it everyday

Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated. I did save for a watch I really wanted. The 16013 I got earlier this month was a grail for me. I love it. Next grail is a presidential but that is Way out of my price range right now. Thats for way down the line. I passed up the watches I mentioned im my earlier post to save for my datejust. To be honest, without sounding cryptic, I have close to 3k in credit on Amazon that I have been stacking up. Decided to spend it all on this new hobby. I'm not looking to spend a lot out of my pocket. If I can get a nice watch for under 3k that would be great. But I am OK with getting more affordable watches. I really like seiko jdm. But like I said I'm real limited because it has to be on Amazon. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks again.

MY datejust bracelet is starting to loosen in between the lugs... Is this a job for me to do at home while I am bored out of my skull or wait to bring it to an AD to have it serviced??? No idea if the pins need to be replaced or something else... First issue I have had since getting this as a gift

That day date 2 was only $16k

That's not that much money for a day date....

When stores open again and I can get it authenticated at the AD and if it turns out to be fake I'll just sell it to laxrolex. He won't know the difference either.

for 16k that watch was HOT. Don’t even wear it out of the house. like i said before, you can get deals in the jewelry district but nobody is that dumb. They all know what the prices are and will beat market by 500 bucks, 1000 if you’re a very skilled negotiator.

either it’s fake, stolen or the story never happened to begin with.

MY datejust bracelet is starting to loosen in between the lugs... Is this a job for me to do at home while I am bored out of my skull or wait to bring it to an AD to have it serviced??? No idea if the pins need to be replaced or something else... First issue I have had since getting this as a gift

got Pics?

what year is the dj?

I have seen 1988 since it is a 16234... Didnt get the papers, friend took it off his wrist and gave it to me for helping with a business deal.

I have seen 1988 since it is a 16234... Didnt get the papers, friend took it off his wrist and gave it to me for helping with a business deal.

new pins will help but the links also arent solid so really not much you can do about it and i dont think getting it serviced will help, my suggestion is get new bracelets or put it on a strap in the meantime

there are places that can tighten it back up for you but i am not sure how much those run and what the turnarounds like

Back
Top Bottom